Posting for Dummies

Ask a question or request a feature related to the website or forum...

Moderator: scott

Gill Simo
Aficionado
Aficionado

Posting for Dummies

Post by Gill Simo »

Could someone help please?

I want to post a new topic.....I'd like it to be in the form of some text, then a picture, more text, another picture & so on.
I've managed to work out how to add the first picture by adding it as an attachment.....and in the preview it appears after the first bit of text.
But how do I then continue with more text beneath the picture....& another picture after that (just add a further attachment perhaps?)
After previewing then it seems the only place to add more text is in the same box as ....& therefore straight after... the first bit.....and it then ends up above, before the picture, along with that first bit of text?

Thanks.Gill
"Everything you know will always equal the sum of your ignorance"
savoniuspiral
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Posting for Dummies

Post by savoniuspiral »

Gill,
unsure how to do it using an attachment, easiest would be to upload your photos to photobucket,
click the img* button above the message box, paste the web address, whenever an image is needed between text.
jim_mich
Addict
Addict

Post by jim_mich »

It can be done but requires a little expertise. And a little editing after first posting. I prepared an explanation of how to do it, but changed my mind about posting it, because it adds to the bandwidth usage of the forum.

I would suggest you prepare your presentation off-line in notepad or such.

Then paste the first post and add the picture. Then post a reply with the second text and add a picture to it. Do this with each text and picture until you have posted all of what you want. If you let members know that there are 'xx' number of posts then they will usually refrain from replying until you tell us you have posted the last of your pictures.

Gill Simo
Aficionado
Aficionado

re: Posting for Dummies

Post by Gill Simo »

Thanks for the help, much appreciated. I've attempted to set out my post on a webpage building site with a link to it although I'm not at all sure that this will work?
Gill
"Everything you know will always equal the sum of your ignorance"
Tarsier79
Addict
Addict

Post by Tarsier79 »

I have just posted a series of pictures. When posting them and previewing them, they come up in reverse order, but return to correct order from top to bototm when the post comes online.
scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by scott »

Good point Tarsier, that is an annoying quirk that confused me at first, too. Thanks for pointing it out.
-Scott
Fletcher
Addict
Addict

Post by Fletcher »

Hi Scott ..

Just a question & a request if possible.

When you have people on 'ignore' [so you don't see their posts] but they post in a thread, when the last post is loading the screen stops at the top of the page instead of at the last post - this happens even if there have been subsequent posts after that person.

Is that fixable & are you able to do it ?

Thanks.

P.S. assuming you can read my post :7)
daxwc
Addict
Addict

Post by daxwc »

P.S. assuming you can read my post :7)
Now that is dry 8P
What goes around, comes around.