Another claim to a working device...

A Bessler, gravity, free-energy free-for-all. Registered users can upload files, conduct polls, and more...

Moderator: scott

AB Hammer
Addict
Addict

re: Another claim to a working device...

Post by AB Hammer »

Interesting build. I will be interested in the final show. But I do have my doubts due to it looks like it has to lift what it drops. The swing up has to take less energy. it should be an easy test but I have not found any videos either.
"Our education can be the limitation to our imagination, and our dreams"

So With out a dream, there is no vision.

Old and future wheel videos
https://www.youtube.com/user/ABthehammer/videos

Alan
Trevor Lyn Whatford
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Trevor Lyn Whatford »

Hi all,

I cannot wait to see what the mechanism is connected to the round plates and the mounting plates at the bottom of the incline legs, will there be a pendulum, or springs it is a fact the device needs some sort of mechanical advantage from some where. I would also like to see what the other holes are used for on the round plates, quite a puzzle at this time, there is a lot missing for sure!

Regards, Trevor
I have been wrong before!
I have been right before!
Hindsight will tell us!
Furcurequs
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Furcurequs »

Suppose those upper linkages and the vertical beams above the round (mounting?) plates are for anything other than adding weight? The motion of the pivots where the round plates are mounted would be the same without them, it appears.

I'm anxious to see what's going to be added, too.

To be honest, though, after seeing some of the inventor's patent applications, I certainly have my doubts. In one of them, it looked like he was trying to patent a flywheel, and with others it looked like he was trying to jump on the bandwagon with some rather dubious claims that have recently been made by others in the (alternative) "free energy" news.

Anyway, with the advertisements and the size and apparent cost of this thing, I still wonder.

Dwayne
honza
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by honza »

Assuming there will be weights attached to the vertical members - the geometry of this setup appears to create an asymmetry between the acceleration / deceleration phase of the weights movement.
Could this asymmetry alone become a source of input energy?
Furcurequs
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Furcurequs »

I would doubt that.

I believe I may TRY to not think about this much more until they add the missing parts.

Oh, I found this link to a post on a web forum from a guy who claims to know the inventor (or at least the guy responsible, I guess) and who talks about it some.:

http://www.marketforum.com/?id=1224923

Dwayne
Furcurequs
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Furcurequs »

I found some information on the inventor - or at least about the guy whose name is on all the patents.

From what I can make out from the original Portuguese and Google's translation of it, he's apparently very wealthy and something of a recluse - and wealthy as in possibly a billionaire and one of the world's richest people.

"É tão milionário - ou bilionário -  quanto o outro ermitão aí de cima."

"OS 3 GAÚCHOS MAIS RICOS DO MUNDO!!
(e dois na reserva!!)

Por que dois milionários na reserva?
Porque os dois têm vocação para ermitão. Vivem fora do mundo, apesar de adorarem ganhar muito dinheiro.
De um deles existe apenas uma foto; do outro se sabe que no ano passado brigou com a família, que queria milhões e milhões de dólares porque não aguentavam mais as suas extravagâncias."

http://previdi.blogspot.com/2012/03/seg ... -2012.html

There's a picture of him there, too. He may actually be the apparent man in charge in the previous pictures of the machine.

Dwayne

ETA: There's another picture of him here:

http://www.estado.rs.gov.br/fotos/A/mai ... 6/1-5-2006
Art
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Art »

Looks like the same fellow allright . Renato Bastos Ribeiro - “68 Anos � “milionario - ou bilionario �.

I’m more confident now that my opinion that this is an experimental set up , is correct . Now that’s what I call a decent build ! .

He obviously has enough confidence to be open with the construction details as he goes , hope he keeps it up all the way to commissioning day .

I think he will , I don’t think his middle name ‘Bastos’ means in Portuguese what it sounds like in English ! : ) .

Anyway down here it’s a term of affection , as in “gee I like that Bastos� !
Have had the solution to Bessler's Wheel approximately monthly for over 30 years ! But next month is "The One" !
path_finder
Addict
Addict

Post by path_finder »

After a first step of analysis, I think the only benefits coming from this kind of design is a pendulum oscillating in a non-vertical gravity field.
The drawing below shows the principle, with the non-vertical axis.
The bob of the pendulum follows the light blue path (an arc of circle).
The question now is: what can we obtain from a pendulum swinging inside a not symmetrical gravity field?
Attachments
GravityGenerador_analysis1.png
I cannot imagine why nobody though on this before, including myself? It is so simple!...
Furcurequs
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Furcurequs »

Pathfinder,

I (had already) used some strips of thin carboard I cut from a noodles box, some push pins/thumb tacks and the top of my pizza box to check out the motion of that. I suspect they are probably going to be adding some other components, so I'm just going to wait and see the next pictures.

Art,

I tend to agree with you. It appears to me, too, now that this is most likely just a big public experiment.

Have you also noticed that Mister Ribeiros doesn't look to be all that happy or enthusiastic in the construction photos (now assuming that it's actually him, of course)?

According to that blog post, it seems that he may have recently been dealing with some family strife - with some sort of fight with prodigal kids over money. So, I'm beginning to think this may just be a case of wishful thinking and perhaps a hoped for distraction for him.

Regardless, I guess I kind of feel for the guy and hope this doesn't end badly for him.

You got to love a fellow, though, who has the guts to at least take the risk, huh?

Maybe he'll show us all.

Good luck, Senhor Ribeiros. You're at least not alone in some of your hopes and dreams.

I'm not sure what "bastos" means in Portuguese, but apparently there is a city by that name in Brazil and it means something like "vulgar" and "foul mouthed" in Spanish and Tagalog.

I try not to use the word you are probably thinking of around here these days - because there are so many of them! ...lol Have you seen the statistics?!

I could see good friends getting away with calling each other that in jest, however.

Take care, you bas.. (ok, I guess I don't know you well enough for that yet.)

Dwayne
murilo
Addict
Addict

Post by murilo »

Bastos is an old name what significance I'll search later.

The root of a name can be found all around, because those 'arrived', as good guests must find for acceptance and need to use flexibility... and women... 8)

... language, dressing, hairs, manners... name spelling... adaptability. 8)

Many 'arrived' even change completely their name with creative ways.

(Bastard, or 'bastardo', depending of whom, could be a high position in court, while 'abastado' means rich... 'basta' means 'no more'... many traps around.)

About the device on focus, it may be a tentative for 'resonant' bodies and/or an OU, with more bodies falling than bodies rising and neutral.

I'm not sure if Path draw is correct.

TC!
Rafael Ti
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: re: Another claim to a working device...

Post by Rafael Ti »

path_finder wrote:The question now is: what can we obtain from a pendulum swinging inside a not symmetrical gravity field?
Maybe the question is: what can we obtain from just a flywheel? Perhaps the flywheel is not attached yet?
http://www.resonantfractals.org/Magnetism/Flywheel.htm
simplicity is a key ...
honza
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by honza »

After a first step of analysis, I think the only benefits coming from this kind of design is a pendulum oscillating in a non-vertical gravity field.
The drawing below shows the principle, with the non-vertical axis.
Good attempt but not quite there !

I have the benefit of been intimately familiar with this geometry so hopefully my comments will be useful.
(Some 25 years ago I went to a patent attorney to have much the same geometry patented for the use in internal combustion engines. To my disappointment I discovered that the same was already panted few years earlier by an Italian inventor).

To realize the full benefit of this geometry one needs to play a bit with the parameters and achieve the start of down-stroke high up on the orbit of the crankshaft (for CCW rotation close to 11 o'clock) and at the same time achieve the end of the down-stroke as close as possible to 3 o'clock (for CCW rotation) of the crank horizontal position (the practical limit is approximately 10 deg short of the 3 o'clock position / otherwise the return motion becomes very difficult).
The down-stroke can therefore be spread over ~ 210 deg of the crank orbit and the upstroke constricted to ~ 150 deg of the crank orbit.
In my invention I have used this to increase the thermal efficiency of internal combustion engine.

Mister Ribeiros have found a novel use for this in the exploitation of gravity, and my assessment is that it is going to work.
This geometry facilitates what avalanche drives aim for - to constantly have more weights on the way down then on the way up.
If you look carefully on the latest photos of the machine you will notice that out of the 16 active members 7 are in up-stroke and 9 in down-stroke. This is mechanical bias created and locked in by the geometry and will not change during the rotation !!!
Provided the friction and other losses are kept minimal I think that this is all what is needed to exploit the gravity.

I am currently considering to write to mister Ribeirosa a brief congratulation on my behalf.
Anybody else to join me ???
Last edited by honza on Fri May 10, 2013 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
murilo
Addict
Addict

Re: re: Another claim to a working device...

Post by murilo »

murilo wrote:Bastos is an old name what significance I'll search later.

The root of a name can be found all around, because those 'arrived', as good guests must find for acceptance and need to use flexibility... and women... 8)

... language, dressing, hairs, manners... name spelling... adaptability. 8)

Many 'arrived' even change completely their name with creative ways.

(Bastard, or 'bastardo', depending of whom, could be a high position in court, while 'abastado' means rich... 'basta' means 'no more'... many traps around.)

About the device on focus, it may be a tentative for 'resonant' bodies and/or an OU, with more bodies falling than bodies rising and neutral.

I'm not sure if Path draw is correct.

TC!
PS: the name, as many other, may come from war, weapons and shipping.
The name suggests type of stick, as 'basto' -singular- or large one 'bastão'.

Honza, pls put my name on the list to Sr. Ribeiro.
honza
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by honza »

Honza, pls put my name on the list to Sr. Ribeiro.
Done; congratulations emailed today.
Tarsier79
Addict
Addict

Post by Tarsier79 »

If you look carefully on the latest photos of the machine you will notice that out of the 16 active members 7 are in up-stroke and 9 in down-stroke. This is mechanical bias created and locked in by the geometry and will not change during the rotation !!!
Provided the friction and other losses are kept minimal I think that this is all what is needed to exploit the gravity.
You obviousely have not learnt anything from that which I will not name.

Maybe the question is: what can we obtain from just a flywheel?
Rafael Ti, A flywheel is just a storage facility for energy. What is needed, but not found (AFAIK), is the ablity to give more than we take.

The flywheel in itself is not a multiplication tool.