Another claim to a working device...

A Bessler, gravity, free-energy free-for-all. Registered users can upload files, conduct polls, and more...

Moderator: scott

Grimer
Addict
Addict

Re: re: Another claim to a working device...

Post by Grimer »

path_finder wrote:After a first step of analysis, I think the only benefits coming from this kind of design is a pendulum oscillating in a non-vertical gravity field.
The drawing below shows the principle, with the non-vertical axis.
The bob of the pendulum follows the light blue path (an arc of circle).
The question now is: what can we obtain from a pendulum swinging inside a not symmetrical gravity field?
Mmm... 3rd derivative energy perhaps?
Who is she that cometh forth as the morning rising, fair as the moon, bright as the sun, terribilis ut castrorum acies ordinata?
murilo
Addict
Addict

re: Another claim to a working device...

Post by murilo »

The Jansen mechanism shows that top axle free and not hold and for that below edge a pure elliptical move.

Amazing, anyhow! The strong build is a need due to 'g' violence, as I said before. Vibration is to be an issue.

If it was a small little construction EVERYBODY would say a lot of jealous stuffs we already know about impossible devices! 8)

TC!
M
Grimer
Addict
Addict

Post by Grimer »

rlortie wrote:OK! gentlemen, take the following link and play with it. Turn it upside down, inside out or whatever. See if you can somehow connect it to what is being built as we interpret it.

http://www.mekanizmalar.com/hoekens_linkage.html

Also not that the crank throw rods under close scrutiny appear to be serrated on the inside face?

Ralph
The elliptical section of that path generates lots of Jerk energy. Imagine an elliptical wheel rolling along a horizontal surface. It's centre of gravity would jump up and down like tonight's Wigan supporters.

In contrast a circular wheel generates no Jerk energy and a point on its circumference describes a cycloid.

I'll have to see if I can get that graphics program of mine to draw the locus for a point on the circumference of an ellipse.

And while on the subject of ellipses, the precession of Mercury might well be explained by the generation of Jerk energy.
Who is she that cometh forth as the morning rising, fair as the moon, bright as the sun, terribilis ut castrorum acies ordinata?
Grimer
Addict
Addict

Post by Grimer »

There are the same 3 interacting variables as in the Carnot cycle.

The atom. The short red one (baby bear).

The molecule (orbiting atom) the middle sized green one (mummy bear).

and the long blue one (the flywheel at the end of the piston (daddy bear).

And we mustn't forget Goldilcks of course.
mickegg
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by mickegg »

An impressive build....but doesn't anyone else thinks it simply looks like a wave energy device?

Mount at right angles to the wave front with floats attached to the
arms and generate rotational energy as the wave passes along the length of the machine?

The patents alluding to energy extraction from "air and water" may be a hint here as to their area of expertise.

Regards

Mick

edit: Grammar
Grimer
Addict
Addict

Post by Grimer »

murilo wrote:The Jansen mechanism shows that top axle free and not hold and for that below edge a pure elliptical move.

Amazing, anyhow! The strong build is a need due to 'g' violence, as I said before. Vibration is to be an issue.

If it was a small little construction EVERYBODY would say a lot of jealous stuffs we already know about impossible devices! 8)

TC!
M
You are quite right, Murilo. I should read your posts more carefully before jumping in with both irrelevant feet.

As for the size of construction, I suppose if a multi-millionaire is going to have an idée fixe then it's going to be a big one.
Fletcher
Addict
Addict

Post by Fletcher »

mickegg wrote:
An impressive build....but doesn't anyone else think it simply looks like a wave energy device?

Mount at right angles to the wave front with floats attached to the
arms and generate rotational energy as the wave passes along the length of the machine?

The patents alluding to energy extraction from "air and water" may be a hint here as to their area of expertise.
Yes it does, BUT, it is built inside a warehouse - the steel construction would rust quickly in water etc.

The silver disks at the joints are a little unusual - they have a pattern of small holes in them that are not symmetrical - I don't know why that would be or just what they are for except to attach drive weights to perhaps ?

The patents talk about compressing a fluid I think ?

If this is some sort of promotional stunt for a very ordinary application I will be disappointed.

The web site definitely says power from gravity & perpetual - hard for people to be confused about that.

It could be a scam & it might also be real & you've gotta think that these people & identities [who presumably value credibility] should know better which leaves me sitting on the fence until the build is further along.
Attachments
then_a_miracle_occurs.jpg
DrWhat
Addict
Addict

Post by DrWhat »

The proof is in the pudding...
murilo
Addict
Addict

Post by murilo »

Grimer wrote:
murilo wrote:The Jansen mechanism shows that top axle free and not hold and for that below edge a pure elliptical move.

TC!
M
You are quite right, Murilo. I should read your posts more carefully before jumping in with both irrelevant feet.

As for the size of construction, I suppose if a multi-millionaire is going to have an idée fixe then it's going to be a big one.
Grimer,
quietly you are getting a believer... 8)
I know some very sad cases of idée fixe sans l'argent... true sad and just like my case... 8(
Not very clear is if Sr. Ribeiro has the disposition to search designs and developments from other. 8]
Ed
Addict
Addict

Post by Ed »

Here is what I think is going on, based on the available information. Fletcher will be disappointed though, because it does seem to be a promotional stunt for an ordinary application.
Advertisement from News-Gazette newspaper in Champaign - Dec. 31, 2012 wrote:New Gravity-Driven Generator Promised for Gilman Soy Processor
Renato Bastos Ribeiro is an economist and entrepreneur of soybeans in Rio Grande do Sul and was the president of Journalistic Caldas Junior Company from 1989 until its sale to Grupo Record in 2007. He worked at Lafarge in 2010 (see his image below). He is Incobrasa's controller. Incobrasa Industries, Ltd. is a soybean processing (crushing) facility in Gilman, Illinois. It has a capacity to process 2,000 tons of soybeans a day. This is where one of these machines will be built after the one in Brazil is complete.
Dave Brew - Tue Apr 23 2013 at 12:26 PM wrote:I'm no scientist but I've known this gentleman for 30+ years and I can vouch for his smarts so I wonder....

I just saw on the web that his crushing plant in Gilman, Illinois he will be building such a generator (the one that is being built at present is down here in "my" town - Porto Alegre.
I think Renato is creating something that will 'power' this oil mill's press by turning a shaft (30 kW equivalent or ~40 hp). This is why it's so large and sturdy, not a PM test, but a production machine. He may well be performing a test in conjunction with building this, but I think he is using his patent applications to make it more efficient. Maybe he thinks it can be PM, maybe he doesn't, but in any case he obviously wants the publicity (we would likely not be discussing it otherwise) or why else release staged photos and articles for the press? Let the press twist it to sound more PM-ish that it really is intended to be, and he will probably just hook up a smaller version of what other facilities use to power these type of presses, due to an increase in efficiency, the real reason of it all.

Compressed air is used quite a bit in industrial processes. Maybe even feed it back to lift the weights, but I doubt it.

Excepts from the three patent applications:

Power multiplier system with levers

Therefore, an objective of this disclosure is to supply a power multiplier lever system that gives an increase in mechanical power generated by the motor thereby giving greater power to the piston giving a greater compression capacity that makes air compression possible without the need to use a large quantity of mechanical power.

To achieve the objective above the power multiplier lever system is made of wheels and levers positioned at distinct angles which operate as a multiplier making the use of a high powered motor unnecessary, in other words, it is unnecessary to produce a large quantity of mechanical power.

The power multiplier lever system can have the selected combination of a system consist of 8 lever pairs, where the first pair is connected to the wheels that are coupled directly to the motor axle.

Therefore this disclosure resolves a problem that has impeded the greater use of air compressors in industry, the high relative cost of power use.

Apparatus for energy production

In the mechanical system, the energy is stored in an inertial flywheel (used to accumulate rotational mechanical energy) and returned to the system via a transmission system.

In this sense, when using a flywheels system to generate energy, the mechanical energy accumulated in some parts of the system is accumulated in at most one flywheel revolution, and returned to the system via transmission.

The aim of the present disclosure consists in providing an apparatus for energy production capable of collecting the energy accumulated in the flywheel's rotary motion peaks, storing and accumulating this energy for use only when it is really required.

To achieve the objective herein, the system comprises flywheels and pulleys that drive each other and transmit the energy generated by these components, entering a self-feeding state.

Air or gas compression system

There is usually an unnecessary expenditure of energy since the compartment where air and fuel are admitted is larger than necessary. To avoid this waste of energy, it is often performed a reduced compression height, in order to that occur, we need a block or to change the machining of the crankshaft, thereby altering the original geometrical projection of the parts.

Any change in the compression system will result in a several malfunctions, which affect mostly the pistons, which suffer from various marks of the system, the crankshaft is reduced resulting in a piston height above the recommended and to correct this height it is used the practice of lowering the top, which changes the original design reducing the life of system components.

The present invention consists of the air or gases compression system carried by the piston where, to solve the existing problems in the prior art, openings are placed along the walls of the cylinder. The portion of the piston stroke that will represent the active part of the gas compression is where these openings are closed. For this to properly occur, the cylinder must have at least two openings always diametrically distributed through the cylinder wails to the chamber within the cylinder body.

By the way Murilo, his patent "Vertical fluid container with endless chain"... ;-)
Attachments
Renato in 2010
Renato in 2010
I marked up the original Fig.4 with my thoughts.
I marked up the original Fig.4 with my thoughts.
Grimer
Addict
Addict

Post by Grimer »

Thanks for that research, Ed.

It makes sense to me.
Furcurequs
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Furcurequs »

Have you all not read or watched the prophetic "To Serve Man"?!

"The aliens soon supply Earth with cheap unlimited power..."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/To_Serve_Man

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/To_Serve_M ... ight_Zone)

...and did you not see where Ralph pointed out the serrated edges on parts of that huge contraption?!

Who exactly are the hungry aliens going to work with if not someone who already owns a food processing plant?!

It could certainly explain the distraught look on the face of that poor fellow in the pictures! ...as he now has to watch the ignorant and smiling grunt workers construct the very means of their own future demise.

;)

Anyway, I can see where some of the concepts in those patent applications might be of use in soybean crushing and oil pressing equipment - maybe.

As far as the bold claim of gravity powered generators, though, I do tend to be rather skeptical. I've not really seen anything about this in the mainstream press, either, so it seems that the companies involved are almost entirely to blame for that with their very own advertisements.

We do see all the time in the "free energy" community pictures of actual machines, though, along with the unsubstantiated claims of their inventors that they are generating excess energy and we even see people apparently so convinced that they have the answers that they seem to believe actually building the device is the trivial part. So, this claim may not be too different from those - other than perhaps the cost and size and the wealth of the claimant. ...well, and a possible actual utility as a crushing machine or somesuch if conventionally powered.

These are apparently privately owned companies and so the owners may be entirely responsible for whatever claims - bogus or not.

Is there a Renato junior and senior? If there is only one, all this has surely turned his hair gray.

Take care.

Dwayne

Edited to change a "those" to a "that".
Fletcher
Addict
Addict

Post by Fletcher »

Dwanye .. they already have a smaller prototype !
murilo
Addict
Addict

Post by murilo »

For a large couple of years this family is dealing to levers and arms... and for sure, with their arrangements together/under 'g'.
Ed
Addict
Addict

Post by Ed »

Fletcher wrote:Dwanye .. they already have a smaller prototype !
Does it work? What is the status of this device?