How to tell someone is a fraud, lying or deceiving themselves...

a. the intentional perversion of truth; b. an act of deceiving or misrepresenting

Moderator: scott

sleepy
Aficionado
Aficionado

re: How to tell someone is a fraud, lying or deceiving thems

Post by sleepy »

It may be all about fear.I'm afraid someone will figure it out before me.I'm afraid it will never be solved.I'm afraid to build it as it probably won't work.I'm afraid if I don't build it,it might be the answer.I'm afraid to believe anyone.I'm afraid if I don't believe,you all might run on without me.I'm afraid if I do solve this riddle,some one from the big energy corporations will put a "hit" on me and I'll have to assume an identity and hope that Julia Roberts and Denzel Washington will believe and help me.

Or,I can accept that this puzzle is THOUSANDS of years old,and has never been proven to be solved by anyone.So,I will keep building,with the understanding that it should not run my life.
Trying to turn the spinning in my brain into something useful before moving on to the next life.
ovyyus
Addict
Addict

Post by ovyyus »

I'm afraid all I hear is me, me, me from...
rlortie
Addict
Addict

Post by rlortie »

[I'm afraid all I hear is me, me, me from...]

OKay! now that we have talked about me, lets talk about you. What do you think of me? :-)
ovyyus
Addict
Addict

Post by ovyyus »

Don't tell me you're a... scaredy-cat too, Ralph! - LOL

Man, I have to create some more accounts here just to keep up with the Jones'. Let me see, I could call myself Basil Fawlty, or insecticide, or Purple Feet, or Techstuffed, or VANDUGOBS. What about a girl's name, that'd throw everyone off the scent, something like Mandy Mountains or TeresaK, or BarbieWheel... or maybe an old slavic favorite... Ivana Huggankiz

Here's my, ahem, Mandy's, new avatar - me thinks a 'trouble force' is at work - LOL
Attachments
Run Away.gif
ken_behrendt
Addict
Addict

Post by ken_behrendt »

I just noticed this thread and all the talk about "fear". Actually, it's a very interesting concept as relates to inventors, in general.

Someone once told me that the area of invention is probably the only place still left for the average guy to make some sort of earth shaking discovery anymore. It is still a "wild and wooly" frontier where a person can make a difference in how life is lived on earth without the necessity of being a tenured professor at some high power university or being employed by a Fortune 100 company.

What are the fears that drive many to seek PM? "Sleepy" gave a nice synopsis of them, but the biggest fear that may drive most inventors is the fear that they will spend their remaining time on earth achieving nothing of significance to pass on to posterity and will then "pass on" and, shortly thereafter, be forgotten...

How nice to become another Bessler who achieved something of tremendous importance...an achievement so important that we "Besslerians" still revere him centuries later even though we still do not know the exact nature of his achievement...only its net result (i.e., PM)!!!

Many inventors think they are struggling for fame and fortune in this life, but I think it goes way deeper than those fleeting achievements...they are really seeking a kind of immortality...to assure that their names and achievements will be mentioned along with those of Galileo, Newton, Bessler, and Einstein a thousand years from now...

ken

P.S. I like the Mandy avatar...after studying it intently, it has given me yet another idea for shifting masses within a rotating system of weights!
On 7/6/06, I found, in any overbalanced gravity wheel with rotation rate, ω, axle to CG distance d, and CG dip angle φ, the average vertical velocity of its drive weights is downward and given by:

Vaver = -2(√2)πdωcosφ
sleepy
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by sleepy »

Ken,
I did not realize how true was your last statement until I heard myself read it.On some unrealized level,maybe we're all shooting for our little piece of immortality.And what a joy it is to have this PM puzzle to work on.It is the chance for "Joe/Joan Public" to achieve fame and fortune from the comfort of their own basement.But,in all honesty,I would shed tears if I would see a hospital or school in the middle of nowhere benefitting from energy provided by my PM wheel.It could also power the lights at a burlesque show! That would be the bees knees!
Trying to turn the spinning in my brain into something useful before moving on to the next life.