How Difficult can it be?

Miscellaneous news and views...

Moderator: scott

rasselasss
Aficionado
Aficionado

re: How Difficult can it be?

Post by rasselasss »

This post is more of a response to J.C.'s blogsite which i can't seem to post a sketch on regarding the Bessler X's,to me its in relation to the "lazy tongs"and their use in leverage through the axle.....this is a very rough sketch to show the "starting point"for this "x"design.....unworkable in this state...
Attachments
x lever 002_opt.jpg
John Collins
Addict
Addict

Post by John Collins »

Sorry about that Rass (Mark?) I'll look to see if I can add that feature so you can post images of some sort. Like the idea with the X's!

JC
rasselasss
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by rasselasss »

This is an idea i looked at searching for a Mechanical Solution in the past,...fixed backplate/axle/crank,unworkable in this state but,to show the use of a "crank"in the axle...rough sketchs to illustrate.....I wish you all Good Luck and a "Healthy and Happy New Year" ..
Attachments
axle negate 001_opt.jpg
axle negate 003_opt.jpg
axle negate 004_opt.jpg
rasselasss
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by rasselasss »

As above fixed backplate/axle/ cranks.....This is another idea i looked at ,double crank ,with a one inch hole outboard of the weight arms in the shaft ,as usual i wanted minimum number of parts(2 rough sketchs to show principle)if i rem.correctly Besslers drum would be deep enough to contain this mech.and conceal,again the one inch hole is important to this design which i am sure folk can devise their own ideas if interested......
Attachments
double crank and 1 inch hole 002_opt.jpg
double crank and 1 inch hole 001_opt.jpg
rasselasss
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by rasselasss »

Familiar to many here,as a child we used to make these little paper "heat mills"driven by the heat rising from the hand(stirling type effect?)..anyway i had a work colleague who installed some ventilation fans in a copper mine in Zambia (many years ago)the mine was over 2 miles deep and the temp.was 45-60degrees C. (Dantes inferno hellhole)he made a 2 foot mill similiar to the photo out of alloy,with a low friction bearing and a pointed tungsen tipped shaft vertically placed in the ground on the floor of the mineshaft ,he said it went round really quick,at that time no-one was interested,energy prices were cheap.....just a thought for any interested in this type of topic.
Attachments
heatmill 001_opt.jpg
murilo
Addict
Addict

Post by murilo »

Rasssss,
this was a beautiful experiment!

The guys that recover 'geothermal' energy use same system but together to more mech apparatus!

Geothermic is an indeed huge goal... almost as our faithfully 'g'!
Any intelligent comparison with 'avalanchedrive' will show that all PM turning wheels are only baby's toys!
rasselasss
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by rasselasss »

Developed in the 17th century...
rasselasss
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by rasselasss »

rasselasss
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by rasselasss »

Mark
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by Mark »

Boy, this surely must be a wrinkle free thread now. I mean, with all this irony going on?

:D
rasselasss
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by rasselasss »

"Irony"..a good word Mark,unfortunately the "pity"is in the reading of other threads here of the never ending "patenting and what if"which reminds me of Bessler's condemnation of Wagner ,though used in a different context ..."He puts the cart before the horse"..
rlortie
Addict
Addict

Post by rlortie »

IIRC, there is mention of Bessler being innovated to build his machine after watching a "Smoke jack" roasting meat.

An excerpt from Wikipedia with a picture found at:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roasting_jack

Leonardo da Vinci sketched a smoke-jack with four vanes. Smoke-jacks were also illustrated in Vittorio Zonca's book of machines (1607), and in Wilkins's Mathematical Magick. The 1826 A Treatise of Mechanics describes a smoke-jack:

Smoke-jack is an engine used for the same purpose as the common jack; and is so called from its being moved by means of the smoke, or rarefied air, ascending the chimney, and striking against the sails of the horizontal wheel AB, which being inclined to the horizon, is moved about the axis of the wheel, together with the pinion C, which carries the wheels D and E; and E carries the chain F, which turns the spit. The wheel AB should be placed in the narrow part of the chimney, where the motion of the smoke is swiftest, and where also the greatest part of it must strike upon the sails.—The force of this machine depends on the draught of the chimney, and the strength of the fire.

Smoke-jacks are sometimes moved by means of spiral flyers coiling about a vertical axle; and at other times by a vertical wheel with sails like the float-boards of a mill: but the above is the more customary construction.

You may also find this link of interest: http://www.history-science-technology.c ... es%201.htm
Art
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Art »

Hi Rass ,

This guy sounds like he is from over your way ?

His video is titled " Free Energy My Ass " : )

I feel for him !

http://youtu.be/FmXBebQzMyQ
Have had the solution to Bessler's Wheel approximately monthly for over 30 years ! But next month is "The One" !
Mark
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by Mark »

I love the joke at the end of the video.
rlortie
Addict
Addict

Post by rlortie »

Viewing the above link, lead me to this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACmXLLqTnSs

I found it of interest with the recent discussion of flywheels and the energy they can store.

The largest flywheel I have ever heard about or seen pictures, was a massive 40 feet in diameter. Used to pump water out of a mine in Nevada, IIRC the depth was over 3,000 feet.

Ralph