Another claim to a working device...

A Bessler, gravity, free-energy free-for-all. Registered users can upload files, conduct polls, and more...

Moderator: scott

poa_engineer
Dabbler
Dabbler

Post by poa_engineer »

The event is free software forum, in Porto Alegre. I didn't find out the background of the lecturer, only that he run for town counselor of Palmas, capital of a poor Brazilian state, in 2008.

About RAR Energia he said he invited Mr. Ribeiro to give a lecture on that event to show the machine but he declined. Mr Ribeiro said the machine will be ready on June or July and then he will make a public announcement.

I'm waiting sited...
Last edited by poa_engineer on Tue May 13, 2014 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
murilo
Addict
Addict

re: Another claim to a working device...

Post by murilo »

The lecturer profile at LinkedIn is not very complete.

poa, have you guess some stuff upon my design?
Liked it at least a bit?
Any intelligent comparison with 'avalanchedrive' will show that all PM turning wheels are only baby's toys!
Mark
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by Mark »

comment deleted - I didn't see poa_engineer's comments until after I posted it
Grimer
Addict
Addict

Post by Grimer »

poa_engineer wrote:The event is free software forum, in Porto Alegre. I didn't find out the background of the lecturer, only that he run for town counselor of Palmas, capital of a poor Brazilian state, in 2008.

About RAR Energia he said he invited Mr. Ribeiro to give a lecture on that event to show the machine but he declined. Mr Ribeiro said the machine will be ready on June or July and then he will make a public announcement.

I'm waiting sited...
Thanks for the info - perhaps I should not use abbreviations so -
thanks for the information. Please keep in contact with him and chase him up if he doesn't come up with the goods by August.

I did not understand what you meant by:

I'm waiting sited....

Excited? Sited locally to RAR? Or what?

I've given you a greenie for your valiant efforts. Image
Who is she that cometh forth as the morning rising, fair as the moon, bright as the sun, terribilis ut castrorum acies ordinata?
Grimer
Addict
Addict

Re: re: Another claim to a working device...

Post by Grimer »

Grimer wrote:If a pendulum swings though 360º it's is easy to see it spends much more time around the top than at the bottom of the circle.

A series of pendulums loosely coupled together like the aforementioned beads will be closer together at the top than at the bottom so we have a greater mass at the top of such a system than at the bottom.

From a scientific point of view this leads to an interesting outcome.

Materials consist of separate "beads" coupled together by force fields. At the top of a rotating field the material of a wheel will be in compression, at the bottom in tension.

This alternating compression and tension gives out energy since even supposedly "elastic" materials exhibit hysteresis.

So even if a wheel were rotating in a complete vacuum with zero axle friction it would eventually come to a halt.

If this expansion and contraction can be angled to the vertical then we have differential loading on the two sides of the axle.

Interestingly enough this is how the RBM (Rubber Band Motor) works as I keep pointing out.

People imagine it is a heat engine because a source of heat is involved. But this is only required to replace losses and control the adiabatic expansion-contraction direction.

I had a long argument with someone on another forum who even howled me down when I pointed out that the RBM would not work in the horizontal plane. Eventually he came to his senses and sullenly admitted I was right.

Breaking up a material into its component pebbles is implicitly employing the integral calculus. Doesn't calculus mean pebble - or have I misremembered? :-)
I've drawn a diagram of successive weights allowed to fall and rise round a circular arc.

The static picture looks unstable with the greatest mass concentration at the top. Paradoxically, it is dynamically stable. It's interesting the way an instantaneous view leaves out the time dimension.
Attachments
Frank_08.JPG
Who is she that cometh forth as the morning rising, fair as the moon, bright as the sun, terribilis ut castrorum acies ordinata?
murilo
Addict
Addict

Post by murilo »

Grimer,
this draw looks like a photo under strobo lights - sure, at fixed time intervals.
Any intelligent comparison with 'avalanchedrive' will show that all PM turning wheels are only baby's toys!
Grimer
Addict
Addict

Post by Grimer »

That's an interesting observation, murilo.

One could use a strobe light on the path of the RAR weight to see if it came out as a skewed dynamically stable mass distribution.
murilo
Addict
Addict

Post by murilo »

Yes, Grimer,
strobo are great for many studies and checks in general.
poa_engineer
Dabbler
Dabbler

Post by poa_engineer »

Grimer wrote:I did not understand what you meant by:
I'm waiting sited....
You see, my English is not that good :-) I forgot "sit" was an irregular verb. I whould have written something like "I'm sat waiting" or "I'm sitting waiting". It's a Brazilian expression and I was really not sure it would work in English.

The meaning is something like: As I will need to wait forever (or for a long time), it is better to sit, otherwise I will get tired.

BTW, the RAR Energia website seems to be offline right now.
poa_engineer
Dabbler
Dabbler

Post by poa_engineer »

murilo wrote:poa, have you guess some stuff upon my design?
Liked it at least a bit?
Hi Murilo, I've posted something at the specific topic.
Furcurequs
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Furcurequs »

poa_engineer wrote:
Grimer wrote:I did not understand what you meant by:
I'm waiting sited....
You see, my English is not that good :-) I forgot "sit" was an irregular verb. I whould have written something like "I'm sat waiting" or "I'm sitting waiting". It's a Brazilian expression and I was really not sure it would work in English.

The meaning is something like: As I will need to wait forever (or for a long time), it is better to sit, otherwise I will get tired.

Hey poa_engineer,

It might have worked if you had written it as "I'm waiting seated."

I think I would have then gotten your meaning.

"I'm waiting (while) seated." ...or.. "I'm waiting while sitting."

"I'm sitting (and) waiting" doesn't seem to have the implied futility. ..lol

There are those subtle nuances in all our languages, I guess.

Dwayne
I don't believe in conspiracies!
I prefer working alone.
Grimer
Addict
Addict

Post by Grimer »

I found the following on a geek blog site, sited. :-)

"FRIDAY, MAY 16, 2014

Regular verbs

I was reading something on a blog today which I found intriguing.

http://besslerwheel.com/forum/viewtopic ... ht=#123324

A non English speaking person had posted a blog entry and used the phrase "I'm waiting sited". Several English speaking members of the forum had not understood this phrase. I guess they thought he he meant the word sited (the position or location of a town, building, etc.) but what he in fact meant was "I'm sat waiting".

When he finally clarified the the reason for his mistake it boiled down to the assumption that the verb 'to sit' (sitting) was a regular verb (e.g. play/played happen/happened) and not an irregular verb (e.g. sit/sat run/ran).

The thing is, I was confused by the explanation too since I did not know immediately what he meant by regular and irregular verbs (i.e. I had to look it up). I always associate the use of terms like regular, irregular, past tense, present tense with the study of French when I was a school. Obviously however they are just as applicable to one native language (English) as other languages.

I think the reason for this may be because one learns ones native language by osmosis and trial and error. I did not learn english by applying grammatical rules to prose (as a machine would) but by trial and error. If a 5 year old child said 'sited' instead of 'sat' they would likely receive a gently rebuke from a peer like "not sited, sat silly !".

Is this scientific approach towards language the best approach ? In my experience it is not. Here's are some observations to support my theory.

----------------------------------------------

I used to play snooker and table tennis sufficiently often to get a fairly good standard. I found that to get to the stage where you were any good you effectively had to just train yourself how to hit certain shots.

I joined a table-tennis club and the teacher showed me how to return smashes. Essentially, it boils down to simply putting one's racket directly in the line of attack of the ball and then angling one's bat so that the return path of the ball hits the oppenents end of the table. It is a little like reflecting the light from the sun into a certain spot using a mirror or concentrating the sun's energy onto a certain point using a magnifying glass to generate heat. The main point is that you just learn how to do it by NOT returning a sufficient number of smashes. One learns by ones mistakes. Once one is proficient at returning smashes it almost feels as if the mathematical/scientific rules aspect are burned into ones brain a little like installing a program into a computer.

I noticed a similar feeling when playing snooker shots. When one is trying to calculate the glancing angle between the cue ball and the object ball in order to correctly hit the pocket it just becomes instinctive after a while. Once one has learned how to play if one trys to calculated the angle manually you will more often than not MISS.

I also taught myself to touch type but I cannot quickly tell you the position of the keys although I must know where they are since I am able to type quickly without looking at the keys."
poa_engineer
Dabbler
Dabbler

Post by poa_engineer »

Really curious!

Dwayne, yes, every language has lots of nuances, hard to get. Thanks for the explanation!
murilo
Addict
Addict

Post by murilo »

poa_engineer wrote:
murilo wrote:poa, have you guess some stuff upon my design?
Liked it at least a bit?
Hi Murilo, I've posted something at the specific topic.
Oi, poa,
thank you!
My anxiety forced me to send you a 2nd msg, but I resisted... One of my hard issues to deal is 'precocious erection'...
Best!
Grimer
Addict
Addict

Post by Grimer »

poa_engineer wrote:....

http://www.websitedown.info/rarenergia.com.br

According to websitedown it appears to be back up.

I wonder how many members, apart from me, believe that RAR have achieved what they claim. How about you murilo?

Logically, you'd think that many members might. After all, I imagine that virtually all of them believe it's possible or they wouldn't be here.

Poa may be a cynic but I doubt many others would own up to outright unbelief.