The summary of my latest studies

A Bessler, gravity, free-energy free-for-all. Registered users can upload files, conduct polls, and more...

Moderator: scott

rlortie
Addict
Addict

re: The summary of my latest studies

Post by rlortie »

I have been on this route with a 72" (1.8288m) diameter wheel with eight weights using over 10' (3.048m) of chain. The back torque was horrendous!

Ralph
path_finder
Addict
Addict

Post by path_finder »

Dear riortie,
In that state I don't hope any torque. The pendula are here only for the constitution of a reference stable plane and to fix that plane as stopped as possible (second crown of the epicycloidal train) in accordance with the drawing 'engine400e.gif' above.
In addition, what is not visible on the shot, each roller is a freewheel (clutch).
The torque will be provided by the double elbowed pendule, not implemented yet in the shot.
Only the final assembly will say if the concept is correct.
I cannot imagine why nobody though on this before, including myself? It is so simple!...
path_finder
Addict
Addict

Post by path_finder »

One more time: think simple!
The same doubler, more simpler...
Attachments
SlimDoubler_Simple.gif
I cannot imagine why nobody though on this before, including myself? It is so simple!...
path_finder
Addict
Addict

Post by path_finder »

Few shots of the next step of the building, in accordance with the latest animation.
The purpose was to find a correct and reliable motion, with an acceptable level of friction.
The next step now is the implementation of the tripod in view to fix the center of the doubler permanently on the main wheel axis.
Attachments
SlimDoubler8c.jpg
SlimDoubler8b.jpg
SlimDoubler8a.jpg
johannesbender
Addict
Addict

Post by johannesbender »

apart from not having looked at the functional aspects
of your device ,may I just say that , it is really really
quite sexy , a certain artful display I would look at for
long periods just to admire it from all kinds of angles.

I love looking at pin gears
jb
path_finder
Addict
Addict

Post by path_finder »

The slim doubler sub-assy, now completed.
The tripod and the center gear are sticked together.
A pin located on one of the tripod's arm will drive the end of the double elbowed pendula short arms.
Attachments
SlimDoubler8d.jpg
Andyb
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by Andyb »

Hi Pathfinder as ever sir you create and create, it must be the best way to be, i solute you sir, as i always have,i was attracted to the drawing of weights rolling in chambers, i know you were running them in system you say was not connected to the rim or the wheel for that matter but what if it was ,would not the torque to rotate these weights be low, meaning that moving only one could have enough imbalance to see the system rotate ,i only say this to try and help i feel your very cleaver and passionately built designs will lead you me and every one else to one place of research the principle of lightness in rotation,all of this is of course imho with great respect good sir.
Only by making mistakes can you truly learn
path_finder
Addict
Addict

Post by path_finder »

Just one shot for showing a small detail but an important improvement.
Sometime during a rapid rotation one roller jumps out of the inner rim.
This is coming from the clearance due to the non perfect shape of the rim circle, one or two millimeters being sufficient for the trouble.
Two rollers are now with a fixed remote distance, the third one able to compensate this clearance.
Attachments
SlimDoubler8e.jpg