A simple build to demonstrate conservation of momentum

A Bessler, gravity, free-energy free-for-all. Registered users can upload files, conduct polls, and more...

Moderator: scott

Allen_T
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

re: A simple build to demonstrate conservation of momentum

Post by Allen_T »

@AB Hammer,
I do owe you an apology. As you said, you can't get me banned. The red dots in this forum come from more than one person.
And since Bessler did quote the Bible, this is one quote in the Bible that I am mindful of;
Mark 6:11

And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear you,
when ye depart thence, shake off the dust under
your feet for a testimony against them. Verily I say
unto you, It shall be more tolerable for Sodom and
Gomorrha in the day of judgment, than for that city.

It seems if I were to follow Bessler's lead, I would have to consider this scripture. Maybe you have a rebuttal ?
Me ? I'm just kind of bummed no one really finds engineering that interesting.
@Fletcher, where you use compression on your build, reverse it so that when a lever drops, it draws your hydraulic fluid upward or into your cylinders.
You'll find that flow rate will become dependent on the orifice the hydraulic fluid is being drawn through. It'd be about the same as a well pump then.

Jim

edited to change formatting

edited to add; @Fletcher, I checked your album. Didn't you do a build with hydraulic cylinders ? I thought you did.
Allen_T
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Allen_T »

It is funny. Someone on facebook wants to know my website. They're not American.

@AB Hammer, about all the math a person needs to know to understand Bessler's work is trigonometry. I've always encouraged that. It does allow for an analysis to be done to consider load and stress/torque. But if someone doesn't have time to learn a little math, I think Bessler is the wrong subject for them.
Allen_T
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Allen_T »

@All,
To make the guides for the dowel that catches and releases, I am using trigonometry to do my layout. I am using both a right and left triangle.
Basically, mirror images. The guides will allow for a 90° rotation before releasing the dowel.
As you can see in the picture, I am making my own radius tool and am using a basic routing table made from 1/4 in. thick plywood.
If I want, I can layout the guides on the routing table to ensure dimensions before selecting or cutting any wood.

Jim

the link is to a trig calculator ( http://www.carbidedepot.com/formulas-trigright.asp ) . With this build, the vertical drop of the weight multiplied by 1/2 of it's over balance will give an idea of the amount of extra force.
With this specific build, 1 3/8 in. 93.5 cm's) divided by 2 = 0.68 in. (1.75 cm's) and about a 20 in. (50 cm) drop. If desired, this allows for conversion into newton meters of force.
From there, it allows for the newton-meters to be quantified as velocity as gravity accelerates at 9.8 m/s/s. What ever % is calculated should be close to the speed of rotation.

edited to space 2 characters.
Attachments
guide mfg..jpg
AB Hammer
Addict
Addict

Post by AB Hammer »

Allen_T wrote:It is funny. Someone on facebook wants to know my website. They're not American.

@AB Hammer, about all the math a person needs to know to understand Bessler's work is trigonometry. I've always encouraged that. It does allow for an analysis to be done to consider load and stress/torque. But if someone doesn't have time to learn a little math, I think Bessler is the wrong subject for them.
So Jim L, Someone whats to know your website? With all your anti American talk. It could be isil.

Understanding balance, leverage, and you cant pick up yourself with your boot straps is the common since needed. Then the math is easy and not even complicated. I won't wait at the finish line for you. I'll have better things to do.
"Our education can be the limitation to our imagination, and our dreams"

So With out a dream, there is no vision.

Old and future wheel videos
https://www.youtube.com/user/ABthehammer/videos

Alan
jim_mich
Addict
Addict

Post by jim_mich »

oops - posted in wrong thread.
Allen_T
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Allen_T »

AB Hammer wrote:
Allen_T wrote:It is funny. Someone on facebook wants to know my website. They're not American.

So Jim L, Someone whats to know your website? With all your anti American talk. It could be isil.

Understanding balance, leverage, and you cant pick up yourself with your boot straps is the common since needed. Then the math is easy and not even complicated. I won't wait at the finish line for you. I'll have better things to do.
Alan,
How did you ever get 5 green dots when you've been asking me for an invention ? I bet you are scared just as Jim_Mich is.
I am not anti-American Alan, just anti-you. It is funny the way you discredit Bessler while building yourself up.
Bessler kept no secrets. He wanted his wheel to become known. But he did not want a someone who was of a lazy man to discover his wheel. This for the simple reason Alan that one such as yourself will never appreciate Bessler's work.
After all, your friend Jim_Mich quotes Wagner. This should make people wary of the both of you, deception and cunning.
What was it you posted earlier in this thread ? You WILL defend your credibility. Yet between you and Jim_Mich, neither of you can show any real work. You say your credibility can not be based on known work but what you allude to having.
You know, like your claiming to being a disabled Veteran when you aren't. That one is sad.
AB Hammer
Addict
Addict

Post by AB Hammer »

Well Jim L

I got 5 green because I am not a jerk. Learn from that.

Show anywhere I discredit Bessler? It doesn't exist, but in you foggy brain. So quit telling lies and you might get some greens.

Once a wheel is running. Bessler will be given credit for being inspiration and most likely did have a running wheel. But only those after him will be able to prove it and show how it was done.

So get to work.
Allen_T
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Allen_T »

AB Hammer wrote:

That is funny Alan, you are trying to associate me with ISIS yet you can't get their name right.
Would you like to know something even funnier ? Check my friends on facebook. Probably half or more are Arab and Muslim.
I think you and Jim_Mich need to consider how the 2 of you attack someone, you are treading on dangerous waters Alan, like being a major bigot who spreads hate.
If you check the groups I belong to, I am an administrator in the facebook group Desalination of Sea Water and have actually been proposing innovative ideas.
While the Middle East and North Africa have a far worse fresh water situation than the U.S., the U.S. does have the Ogallala Aquifer which is slowly being depleted while the bedrock aquifer in California is about gone.
Americans really see no need to be innovative when it comes to protecting our agricultural production. If working with people in the Middle East/North Africa helps the U.S. so we won't have to drain the Great Lakes like Russia has drained the Aral Sea, I don't know WTF your problem is.
And that is a secondary reason I am building. The first isn't any of your business. Besides, if fresh water were made more available, it might keep the U.S. military at home as the Middle East/North Africa region could stabilize.
Alan, maybe one day you will MAN UP, but I won't hold my breath.
Allen_T
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Allen_T »

AB Hammer wrote:Well Jim L

I got 5 green because I am not a jerk. Learn from that.

Show anywhere I discredit Bessler? It doesn't exist, but in you foggy brain. So quit telling lies and you might get some greens.

Once a wheel is running. Bessler will be given credit for being inspiration and most likely did have a running wheel. But only those after him will be able to prove it and show how it was done.

So get to work.
Yet I am building and you aren't. You got your greenies by being dishonest.

edited to add; Alan, I will have to consider that the reason you associated me with ISIS is because you did check out my friends on facebook. It is a seemingly innocent way for you to try and discredit me.
After all, if you know who my friends are, other people in this forum might also. And to me, I think that shows what a bigot you really are.
As for your friends in here Alan, they can have you.
AB Hammer
Addict
Addict

Post by AB Hammer »

Yet I am building and you aren't. You got your greenies by being dishonest.

edited to add; Alan, I will have to consider that the reason you associated me with ISIS is because you did check out my friends on facebook. It is a seemingly innocent way for you to try and discredit me.
After all, if you know who my friends are, other people in this forum might also. And to me, I think that shows what a bigot you really are.
As for your friends in here Alan, they can have you.
Jim L

You need to understand what is going on before trying to correct someone.

The President calls them ISIL, the media calls them ISIS, they call themselves the Islamic state. But they are all radical extremist.
I laughed when I read that half your friends on facebook are Muslim for I did not look and see. I judged by what you said only, nor would I have brought that up.

LOL, You know what they say. Give an idiot enough rope,and they will ____ ____ ____.

Alan
Allen_T
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Allen_T »

Alan,
Whether they are ISIS or ISIL doesn't matter. What does matter is that you said you believe that I am associated with them.
And that makes you a bigot because you know my father was an immigrant. Anything to discredit me.

edited to add; and anyone can check and at no time have you mentioned anything in this thread that relates to what I am building. I guess if you knew something, then you could say something like Bessler was smart. But you don't know enough to realize how much Bessler actually knew. You keep wanting to talk about your opinion. I think that's funny.
AB Hammer
Addict
Addict

Post by AB Hammer »

Alan,
Whether they are ISIS or ISIL doesn't matter. What does matter is that you said you believe that I am associated with them.
And that makes you a bigot because you know my father was an immigrant. Anything to discredit me.
Jim L

A liar and a bigot always twist words to try to redirect blame form themselves.

I said, what would be more of a warning.
Not is!

I had many immigrant friends and many friends from other countries over the years and still do. I don't know your father but I believe he would be sad at your actions. I judge people for their character just a Dr Martin Luther King Jr. said to do.

Alan
AB Hammer
Addict
Addict

Post by AB Hammer »

Thing I have posted to help the string.

1. The only thing I would suggest you look out for is when using complex pulleys that you have the room to make them function.

2. hings to remember are all actions have to take place in a very limited amount of time. 60 RPM all actions have to happen in 1 second, 30 RPM all actions have to happen in 2 seconds. To a complex group of pulleys also called compound pulleys are dealing with the same as a lever. The more weight you lift, the longer the arm or action of length of the cable/rope. The more needed actions the longer it will take to make such actions.

3.Most of what you are showing is still a trade off. I have had a lot of experience with trade offs. I don't use them anymore. You say I have never shown. LOL I have to much to post so here are the links.

Here on Bessler's Wheel

http://www.besslerwheel.com/forum/download.php?u=1116

You Tube

The funny part is, I don't know why you keep saying such.

The problem is Jim L is you don't listen.

Alan
Allen_T
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Allen_T »

@All,
The diagrams show how I am considering the basic forces. Since i am building, what the heck. And inertia is 90° perpendicular to the axis of rotation.
Centrifugal force is any direction in a straight line away from the axis of rotation. And linear and angular momentum, the over balanced weight is actually angular momentum.
Since gravity is a linear force, I calculate the extra potential as linear momentum and the weights when stationary as angular moment. This basically considers the wheel as a whole.
This allows for considering 2 opposing weights 20 in. from center. If the weight at 90° after TDC rolls out 1 in. and the weights are 1 lb. each, then the over balance is 1 in. lb. of torque.
And since the weight swings to a position of balance, it's force is actually 1/2 in. lb. of torque. And if this design works, then by using a standard arrangement of force and calculations, then if bigger and better is desired, there will be a basis to understand design changes.

@AB Hammer, This is how I talk wheel. In the years I have known you, you have said that you have just as much right to anything I am working on. You don't. this thread is about what I am building and not what you want it to be.
Still, you could only have known I got banned from a wood working forum if you were there. And yet you are not a wood worker and you constantly say I am wrong 100% of the time.
If you don't understand math or science, you really have nothing credible to add. After all, you have said many times that none of Bessler's drawings are runners.
If what I am building works, I think if I ask Scott nicely, he will ban you for the years long smear campaign.
Attachments
forces.jpg
Allen_T
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Allen_T »

@AB Hammer,
I feel sorry for you. You're still mad because I posted in overuniy.com as p-motion and my account on youtube was whowants2know. That was a long time ago.
If you weren't so busy trying to discredit me, we could've made some money but that's not what you want, is it ?
You want to discredit me because you have to be better than me. I've told you many times Alan, no one but you has kept you from opening a book and reading it. And it is you that has refused to work with me in the past.
I think you should get over it.

deleted some stuff. I think until Alan does an open build, he should refrain from trying to act like he is teaching someone. It'd only make a bad joke out of Bessler's work.
Last edited by Allen_T on Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:57 am, edited 3 times in total.