Miscellaneous news and views...

Moderator: scott

Fcdriver
Devotee
Devotee

History repeats

Post by Fcdriver »

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2016/06/24 ... tcmp=hpbt1

This is not a new concept, but the same old same old repeating. In the 1860's Robert E. Lee and fellow Virginians did not like being told to invade, South Carolina, or that Union military forces could use Virginia land to stage a war with South Carolina, which was trying to succeed from the Union? Virginias did not feel that the Federal Government had the authority to do such. The rewriting of history by the winners, much clouded the true reasons as to why Virginia, interred the conflict on the side, of South Carolina.
Whether Virginians fought to protect the sovernity of their own border, vs fighting over slavery, was rewritten by the victors of the conflict, totally clouding the lesson learned.
Basically the over reaching power of the European Union, has caused England to succeed from the Union. There will be no Lincoln to claim United we stand, divided we fall. There will be no New York and Michigan bankers putting up money to fight such a conflict, and still no lesson will be learned by a over reaching Federal authority.
Instead of the union authority protecting the combined border, from things like the disease, war, and illegal products, it choose to have a open border, which conflicted with the pride of self determination.
I find it odd that here we have someone running for President, that could be running on a platform of a open border, vs a screened border. Our Federal Government was created to mainly only protect that common border, which means it is a total oxymoron for such a person to run for President, of a authority which it was designed to protect. The confusion over the writings on a statue, could become the sole purpose of our Federal Government, is just plain crazy!
Hopefully we can keep Hillary and her nut case ideas, out of the White House!
Forget your lust for the rich man's gold
All that you need is in your soul
And you can do this, oh baby, if you try
All that I want for you my son is to be satisfied