The meaning of free energy

Miscellaneous news and views...

Moderator: scott

AB Hammer
Addict
Addict

The meaning of free energy

Post by AB Hammer »

What do feel about the meaning of Free Energy is?

I look at is as, free to the earth for it doesn't take away anything but uses the environment. The wind is there, the rain is there, the sun is there, and gravity is there. It is there and we only have to know how to use it. But it does cost to build these devices to collect these energies. So to us it will be only less expensive in the long run for us, and it won't destroy the economy.

This is my opinion
Alan
"Our education can be the limitation to our imagination, and our dreams"

So With out a dream, there is no vision.

Old and future wheel videos
https://www.youtube.com/user/ABthehammer/videos

Alan
Fletcher
Addict
Addict

re: The meaning of free energy

Post by Fletcher »

Once a gradient or differential is identified it can be exploited - the process of R&D, building a plant, financing, maintaining it & ongoing supply has a cost - the payback is when the revenue exceeds the establishment & production costs, assuming you sell an energy product.

The gradient or differential that you use is provided to you from natural resources or the environment - chemical energy from chemical reactions, hydrothermal from the earths pressure & temperatures [gravity & thermonuclear], & hydro etc from solar energy with gravity a part of the equation.

Either way Joules of energy is extracted from a system that nature provides & is freely available to you to harness.

When Joules out exceeds Joules in [plus any start up energy in Joules] then you have OU & FE.

A FE engine will output more Joules than it takes to run, notwithstanding the accounting issues of building an engine & maintaining it etc which is common to all mechanical devices.
AB Hammer
Addict
Addict

Post by AB Hammer »

Fletcher

I am glad you posted for you have a fantastic way of explaining over my primitive ways.

Thanks
Alan
Jon J Hutton
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by Jon J Hutton »

Fletcher,

Very well stated. Do you think systems such as Coal based power plants are actually free energy? If you were to take all the expenses that it takes to run a power plant, including the electric for all the computers and gages, lighting etc. I wonder what the most efficient system would be.

...never mind I found the answer here. www.eia.doe.gov/cneaf/electricity/epa/epat8p2.html

JJH
Euphoria, Big dreams, Oooops I forgot about that, Recalculate, Bad words edited out, Depression, Tare up everything, I wonder what would happen if I changed.......Yes!, Euphoria, .......
Fletcher
Addict
Addict

Post by Fletcher »

When we here talk about OU & FE we generally mean a stand alone engine capable of out putting Joules of energy for work purposes - that could be just covering system frictional losses & more efficient theories doing external work as well - we see them as independent closed systems that once having been started continue to run until parts need replacing so in essence no fuel is required to be dug up, refined or transported to the engine for it to operate as intended - therefore it supposedly has minimal establishment & operating costs - in accounting terms we would disregard the capital costs & just look at the revenue & expenses to see if we are ahead i.e. OU or FE in Joules.

Coal & any other fossil, hydro, nuclear source etc is not FE in the sense we mean it because the fuel is outside the system & must be brought to the engine whilst a gravity PM engine [if one existed] would always have an abundant inexhaustible supply of gradient to 'fuel' the engine & would always have a surplus of Joules outputted.
iacob alex
Addict
Addict

Post by iacob alex »

.....as you can see at : https://youtu.be/1hPXivsrqnk
This time the common saying (" understanding is a two-way street ") ls the basic of a simple theory...
Al_ex
Simplicity is the first step to knowledge.
rlortie
Addict
Addict

Post by rlortie »

Having worked at McNary Dam, located on the Columbia River bordering Oregon and Washington, I remember a special event.

It took 51 years to pay back the cost of its build to the United States treasury.
The project runs 14 General Electric generators each capable of originally producing 80 megawatt each. With technology upgrades these same units are now producing 112 megawatt.

It is my understanding that most private and commercial investors expect a pay back within seven years.

Ralph