The next closest star has an earth sized habitable planet...?

Miscellaneous news and views...

Moderator: scott

Jim Williams
Aficionado
Aficionado

The next closest star has an earth sized habitable planet...

Post by Jim Williams »

Make up reality
Art
Devotee
Devotee

re: The next closest star has an earth sized habitable plane

Post by Art »

Discovering an earth type planet around our nearest star and multiple other planets around other stars over the past few years significantly change the expectations of possible extraterrestrial intelligent in the Universe predicted from the Drake equation .

But still we see nobody waving back !

Where is everybody ?
Have had the solution to Bessler's Wheel approximately monthly for over 30 years ! But next month is "The One" !
Jim Williams
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by Jim Williams »

I wonder if dinosaurs would have developed radio communication if they hadn't have been wiped out. Humans might be pretty unique on the scale of such things.

I'm still of the persuasion, with only five simple elements (Carbon, Hydrogen, Oxygen, Nitrogen, and Phosphorus) necessary to build DNA, we aren't looking so much for life as we are DNA based life.

So, has anyone heard us?
Make up reality
Fletcher
Addict
Addict

Post by Fletcher »

When the dinosaurs roamed the earth (for an extraordinarily long time compared to upright mammalian apes) they had it pretty much to themselves. Earth, sky, and water. Prior to them were another group for a very long time (cold blooded lizards) from which dinosaurs evolved until an extinction event happened. At the same time as dinosaurs and overlapping for a long time were small mammalian species that just never got a good start until the way was cleared for them to inherit the earth with less competition after another major extinction episode. But dinosaurs still dominate/d the sky. Invertebrates took back the oceans.

I notice that there appears to have been species differentiation during all these epochs from fossil records. What I call biological selection ectropy. While entropy rules the cosmos, at least in biological terms evolving order and speciation seems to be the norm i.e. order from chaos. That means that every niche had an animal evolved to take advantage of it, with a competitive advantage, so that its species could survive and prosper. Much like today and according to Darwin.

So what were the bipedal big brained, not so strong and fearsome humanoid analogues of dinosaur heritage that roamed in the days of the dinosaurs (to invent radio) and what happened to them, and where are they today, assuming they weren't wiped out and even existed to fill the niche of humans today ? It seems plausible that a niche existed for them to proper in, and if smart enough to thrive in.

Red dwarfs are (and will be) in far more abundance than earth sized stars, and 'exist' for far longer. They have goldilocks zones like our solar system. They have been around longer and will last longer than our meagre star. The earth is only 4.5 billion years old in a universe of 13.8 billion years. How many red dwarfs have been around before our star flamed into existence and life evolved on earth ?

The question isn't so much is there other DNA based life forms but are they close enough to see us waving. Its a big universe. And then there is the argument that we ourselves prove that panspermia is the rule. We exist and the universe is for all intents and purposes infinite therefore if it happened once it happened (or will happen) a gazillion times when conditions are right which seems quite commonplace.
Jim Williams
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by Jim Williams »

There are 10 to the 78th power number of atoms in the known universe while there's 10 to the 2000+ combinations of a single DNA molecule, according to a Time/Life science book.

Is it better to think of the universe as containing life, or the universe as a living entity containing matter?

Well, we have our living planet so far.
Make up reality
Wubbly
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by Wubbly »

But still we see nobody waving back !
Where is everybody ?
They have been here for millions of years and probably manipulated existing, evolving DNA to create our species.
Linda Moulton Howe believes something along these lines.

I'm not necessarily a Lloyd Pye fan, but here's a presentation where he explains why he believes we are the product of extraterrestrial intervention.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5qJYwfAju8
So, has anyone heard us?
If you believe the response to the Arecibo message was not a fake, then yes, someone heard us and responded with a crop circle reply.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Q0NjXqAy8M

The ETs are probably waiting until we evolve spiritually to the point where all nations can peacefully coexist until we are allowed to join the larger intergalactic community. In the mean time, we are quarantined on planet Earth.

They send us gentle hints not to play with nuclear weapons.
e.g. shooting down ICBM test missiles:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4wL4lbwwNU

or shutting down nuclear missiles in their silos.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkZWHpP17Rc

And then there's the Citizen Hearing on Disclosure from 2001, and again in 2013. There used to be hours and hours available on youtube on the hearings from 2013, but now they want you to pay for the content. You can still find snippets on youtube.
www.citizenhearing.org

There is plenty of evidence out there to prove we are not alone in the universe,
and yet the official statement from the white house is "there is no evidence..."
Is it better to think of the universe as containing life, or the universe as a living entity containing matter?
Erwin Schrodinger said the total number of minds in the universe is One.
Art
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Art »

I think the problem with this topic covered from different aspects in each of the above posts is that our environment (physical and temporal ) has become so immensely complicated and involved that we have practically no chance of ever really knowing what is going on .

At the best of times even figuring out very recent historical facts is almost impossible and that's even without coming to terms with happenings that are outside our normal experiences .And the more entrenched our thinking becomes the easier it appears - and the easier it appears the more entrenched we become .

I don't think most humans (like 99% of us) have the capability even to accept concepts that are not close to our "normal" interests and proclivities .

Dogs for example must think - :) - that we are incredibly dense not to take an interest in the myriads of interesting smells that they notice .

Maybe there could be a race of Dogbeings out there that are frustrated that we don't even notice their smell communication .

Have you ever noticed a dog sit up straight all of a sudden and sniff the air and you can almost hear it thinking "phawk - what the hell was that ! ? "

Come to think of it , it would probably be of more value bringing a dog into a crop circle and asking it to evaluate than to try and get the average academic to even look at pictures of crop circles without parroting "Dad and Dave"

Well I suppose if we ever get really bored with the Bessler puzzle there is heaps more stuff in the wings to exercise some curiosity on .

As soon as I finish my wheel I'm off to a crop circle with a dog !
Have had the solution to Bessler's Wheel approximately monthly for over 30 years ! But next month is "The One" !
Jim Williams
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by Jim Williams »

Perhaps alien life isn't routinely found by detecting radio transmissions because life evolved enough to send them has also evolved to the point of being aware of its mortality. During life's entire existence on Earth, how many species are capable of radio transmissions and are aware of their death?

Perhaps not unlike how a hummingbird's beak reaching into flowers can only evolve to be so long, a species with excessive brain awareness is short-lived.

In that regard, Perhaps that lack of radio transmissions explains a lot. I think we should be congratulated for lasting as long as we have.
Make up reality