Clue Translations

A Bessler, gravity, free-energy free-for-all. Registered users can upload files, conduct polls, and more...

Moderator: scott

rocky
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Clue Translations

Post by rocky »

Instead of having to search the thousands of posts on this forum for clue translations, let's put them all in this one topic. I'll start it off.
- Rocky (Robert)
"All the clues become clear when you see the working machine." - Rocky
"Perhaps God will allow you to invent it, and fathom the mystery of true motive power." -Johann Bessler AP 265
rocky
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

re: Clue Translations

Post by rocky »

Apologia Poetica Little Book Translations (page 295 in download version)

a. Collins/Senior translation
“Those who are keen to ask questions should ask them of this little book. My deeds will not be revealed prematurely. Should anyone wish to speculate about the truth, let him ponder on the rich pageantry of words which I now cause to shower down upon him!
For greed is an evil plant. An anvil receives many blows. A driver drives. A runner runs. The seer sees. The buyer buys. The rain drips down. Snow falls. The shotgun shoots. The bow twangs. A great herd of fat, lazy, plump horses wanders aimlessly. The flail would rather be with the thresher than the scholar. Children play with heavy clubs among the broken columns.
Acrobats and shadow-boxers are as fleet and nimble as the wind. The cunning cat slinks silently along and snatches nice juicy mice. The dog creeps out of his kennel just as far as his chain will stretch. He knows how to please by playing with his little toys and knick-knacks. He wags his tail, creeps through the hoop and is rewarded with a pat on his paws by the stiff fops who watch him.
A wheel appears - is it really a wheel, for it does not have a normal rim. It revolves, but without other wheels inside or outside, and without weights, wind or springs. Seen sideways or full-face it is as glorious as a peacock’s tail. It turns to the right and to the left; it spins around in any direction, whether laden or empty. All things belong to one of the three kingdoms ( animal, vegetable or matter) and you have the physical evidence before you. Without such things as sulphur, salt, and mercury all things will come to a standstill - the qualities of the elements are necessary to keep things going. Saturn, Mars and Jupiter are ready to join in any battle.
Even the things we eat do not lose their elemental influence - for it spreads itself through every limb and sinue of our bodies. A crab crawls from side to side. It is sound for it is designed thus. Poltergeists wander freely through locked doors. But softly! - speak softly of all these marvels, lest the enemy grows wise! He will drench me with his spittle so that I will lose my temper and in a sudden fit, cast aside the mantle that conceals my wheel. But he shall be thwarted in his desires.�

b. Stewart translation
“Who indeed is keen to question, question this booklet. &c. My deeds will not [be] revealed before time, yet who wants [to] guess, contemplate, which word-pageantry I now mix/blend into one another: a Gärtner/gardenerG is no fence-breaker a Wagner/wainwrightW wants boreholes/to bore holesB avariceG is a rootW [of] evilB an anvil receives many blows. A driver/carter drives, a runner runs, the rain flows, the snow that falls, the rifle fires, the bow shoots/springs; here wander a large herd [of] very fat, lazy, thick horses, flails/louts want in general [to] be with threshers, not with doctors/teachers; children play on the small columns with loud/many heavy little [Schniebe]-clubs; acrobats Federfechters are [as] quick and nimble as the wind, the cunning cat creeps quietly, and catches nice fat mice, the dog also from the kennels creeps, only so far [as] the chain reaches, the beautiful little treasures and machines he knows to serve/operate very friendly/kindly/nicely, he wags well with his tail, crawls on the belly through the frost/ring, therefore him soon the skinny dolls/puppets also rap quite on the paws; &c. one sees a wheel, and also no wheel, because it has rims and also none, runs without internal and external wheels, cymbal-weight, wind and clock-spring, &c. here it looks half, there it looks whole, it boasts like a peacock's tail, &c.
it moves to the right and to the left, one may wave/beckon/motion him just with fingers, it spreads itself the length and breadth, here it is full, there it is empty; a thing consists of the three realms/kingdoms, you have clear sign(s), without sulphur, salt, mercury also soon a thing must lapse. &c. The elements' qualities are also necessary [for/to] all things; Saturn, Mars, Jupiter are nicely prepared for all wars. &c. The thing also, (from which one feeds) through intestine and marrow and bones goes; &c. A crayfish/crab crawls forwards and backwards, and is healthy (well prepared.) Poltergeists freely walk frequently through locked doors;�

c. Rufus Gartz translation
It was translated using the "Dictionary of the English and German Languages, 1901 edition, published by Thieme-Preusser in Hamburg, Germany". Where a word has two meanings then both are shown separated by a /. Where a word translates to a phrase then it is shown in ' ' quotation marks e.g laufer lauffet = 'one is let go/escape'. I took the liberty of defining the X marks as a new paragraph.

Those who are keen to ask questions should ask them of this little book. My deeds will not be revealed prematurely. Should anyone wish to speculate about the truth, let him ponder the rich pageant of words which I now cause to shower down upon him!

The mean/greed is the root evil/negative. An anvil gets many impacts. A carrier carries, 'one is let go/escape'. The Seer sees, the buyer/purchaser bought, The rain 'begins to flow', the snow that falls; The box/gun shoots, the curve quickens; Here wanders/strays one/a large herd/flock Very fat, column, depth horses; This flail wants generally/commonly 'to be' threshed, not with the doctor be. The 'childish playing' over then columns with only weight/gravity edge-'to make rough' Airtight-jumper feather/'light spring'-fencer/fighter be Swift and quick like the wind. This cunning cat glides quietly, And catches his fat mouse. The hound/dog also out the iron creeped, but only 'about' this chain reaches. This beauty cloaked/shaded and mechanism white/blank it is very friendly to work/operate 'it is' shaken well with its toil Creeped out that middle/internals through/across the tear/crack/opening 'For it'/that them almost this aridity/dryness trick/prank Also nearly over this scrawled thread/weaving;

I see a wheel, and 'not any'/'not just a' wheel, Because 'to provide a wheel' and also 'not any'/'not just a' had/'done what was needed'. Turns without inner and outer wheels, without 'Cymbala hoisted weights', winch/winder and watch-spring,

Here seen half, there seen whole; It boasts like a peacock tail.

It turns 'to the' 'right hand' and 'to the' 'left hand'; I 'be allowed' it just/only with fingers beckon. It widens/broadens itself this long and diagonal, Here is it full, there is it empty; A thing stood out then three 'to reach'/'to extend'; It had/have hand-grabbed proof/sign/drawing, Without brimstone/sulphur, salt, quicksilver/mercury. Also soon a thing away obliged/compelled.

The elemental qualities Also/'as well' every thing be needing. Saturn, Mars, Jupiter be to every 'to get' willing be.

That thing also, ('from which' I myself fed) Through internals/intestines and border/marrow and leg/trip driven/driving;
One crabs forward and backward crawling And it sound (well prepared/designed) The ghostly-crashing freely "walks leisurely/'at a slow pace' " For/as frequently through closed doors.�

d. Ralf translation
The stinginess/miserliness/love of money is an evil root/radix. An anvil gets a lot of blows/hits/shocks. A wagoner/carter/driver rides/drives, a runner/rotor/grinder runs/works; the seer/beholder sees/beholds/looks/spots/views/checks, the buyer/vendee buys/purchases, (89) The rain flows, the snow falls; The gun/can/bushing shoots, the bow/arc/crescent-shaped-object accelerates/moves quickly; here moves a large herd/group/flock [of] very fat, lazy, thick horses; The flails/boors want in secret to be at/with the threshers, not the doctors/physicians/scholars. The children play on the columns/pillars with lots of/louder heavy/hard Schniebe-käulgen [in the] Air-jumpers/jacks feather/spring-fencers are spry/fast and rapid/brisk like the wind[ing/thread?].

The smart cat slinks/tiptoes/sneaks/creeps and catches/snatches fine fat mice. The dog creeps/slinks also out of the hut/kennel/house, but only as far as the chain/thread/string reaches/permits. The beautiful treasures/estimate and machines/mechanisms he knows to operate/serve them very well/friendly. He wags/waggles/waves well/deliberately/probably with his tail crawls/creeps/slinks on the belly through the hoop/tire/bracelet/rime, for that/therefore soon the scrawny/slim jacks/poppets also hit/tap/knock/thump [him] on the paws; X

One sees one wheel, and also no wheel[a not/un-wheel?], because it has rims/felloes and also none at the same time. [it?] Runs/works without inner and outer wheels, cymballa-shaped weight, wind[ing/thread?] and clock-spring/feather, X
Here you see it half/in half/in part, there you see it complete/entire/whole; It brags/boasts/shows off like a peacock-tail. X
It runs/works to the right and to the left [-wards/-hand sides]; one only needs to wave/beckon with the fingers/pegs/hand. The length and width broadens itself, here it is full/complete, there is is empty/blank/barren;

A thing is made up/built/consists of/out of the three realms; [there] you have [my/the/your] obvious/tangible/handy/seizable cues/signs/gestures, Without sulfur/brimstone, salt, mercury/Mercur soon a thing is bound to lapse/flow away, too. X The qualities of the/these elements are required/needed for every thing. Saturn, Mars, Jupiter fine/pretty/swell are willingly ready for every[-one's?] war. X The thing, too (on/by which one nourishes/feeds) through intestines/bowels and pith/core and legs drives/is driven [goes right through]; X A crab/cancer/crawfish creeps/crawls/slinks forward and backwards/on its back and is wholesome/well/healthy (well done/prepared.) The poltergeists[rumble/scuffle-ghosts/spirits/specters] are roaming/walking around freely on occasion/often through locked/closed doors/doorways.�

e. Oystein translation
“Greed is the root to evil. An anvil get many hits. A carter carts, a runner runs; The seer sees, the buyers buyes;
The rain flows, the snow falls; The socket shoots, the curve shoots up; Here walk a big herd Very much fat, decayed, thick horses; The "punks" wants generally to be on the doorstep, not with their teachers. The children play on the boxes With louder heavy marbels.

Aerial jumpers and showfighters are Fast and swiftly like the wind. The clever cat quietly creep, And catches fine fat mice. The dog also from the hut creeps, However, only so far the chain reaches. The nice treasures and machines If he knows how to behave very nice; He waves his tail Creeps on the belly through the dust / frost / snow. Then he soon shakes dry And as proper, the paws shakes.

One sees a wheel and also no wheel, Because it has rims and also none. Runs without inner and outher wheels,
Hanging weighs, wind and watch spring. Here seen half, there seen completely; It shows off like a peacock's tail.
It runs to the rights and to the lefts; One may wave to him only with fingers. It spreads out the length and across; Here it is full, there it is empty.

A thing exists of three empires; Without sulphur, salt, Merkurius. Soon a thing must pass. Of the elements qualities Also to every thing are needed. Saturn, Mars, Jupiter looks nice In all wars they are willing. The thing also (from what man feed itself) Go through Bowel and ?body and soul? ; A crayfish forward and backwards creeps And is healthy for you (properly prepared). The Poltergeists freely walk From time to time through closed doors.�
- Rocky (Robert)
"Perhaps God will allow you to invent it, and fathom the mystery of true motive power." -Johann Bessler AP 265
rocky
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by rocky »

Das Triumphirende, 2nd edition, Johann Bessler, Kassel, 1719, pp. 20-21:

1: Henry Dirks/Goez and Beauchamp translation

"The inward structure of the wheel is of a nature according to the laws of mechanical perpetual motion, so arranged that by disposed weights once in rotation they gain force from their own swinging, and must continue their movement as long as their structure does not lose its position and arrangement. Unlike all other automata, such as clocks, or springs, or other hanging weights which require winding up or whose duration depends on the chain which attaches them, on the contrary these weights are the essential parts, and constitute the perpetuum mobile itself; as from them is received the universal movement which they must exercise so long as they remain out of the centre of gravity; and when they come to be placed together, and so arranged one against another that they can never obtain equilibrium, or the punctum quietus which they unceasingly seek in their wonderous speedy flight, one or other of them must apply its weight vertically to the axis, which in its turn must also move."

2. Glenn Rouse(Al Bacon of Michigan)/Andrew Witter (Ted of Chicago nom de plumes) translation

“Except for a small change in the external dimensions of the wheel for raising weights (or so-called "running wheel"), I have organizedmeverything together in accordance with those structures of the previous machine which I had broken to pieces. These small changesmoccurred by chance and do not need to be defended.mAround the firmly placed horizontal axis is a rotating disc (low or narrow cylinder) which resembles a grindstone. This disc can bemcalled the principle piece of my machine. Accordingly, this wheel consists of an external wheel (or drum) for raising weights which ismcovered with stretched linen. The base of the cylinder is 12 Rhenish feet in diameter. The height (or thickness) is 18 inches. The axlem(or shaft) passing through the center is 6 feet long and 8 inches thick cross-sectionally.mThe internal structure of this drum (or wheel) consists of weights arranged according to several a priori, that is, scientificallymdemonstrable, laws of mechanical perpetual motion. After the wheel completes a single rotation, or after a single force is applied to themwheel, the motion drives the wheel unceasingly. As long as the wheel’s whole structure does not change, the wheel continues itsmrevolutions without any further assistance from external motive power. Other automatic machines, such as clockwork, springs, andmhoisting weights, necessarily require an external restoring force.mAs long as the upper weight remains outside the center of gravity, it incessantly exercises universal motion from which the essentialmconstituent parts of the machine receive power and push. These parts are enclosed in a case and are coordinated with one another somthat they not only never again reach an equilibrium (or point of rest) for themselves but incessantly seek with their admirably fast swing tommove and drive on the axis of their vortices loads that are vertically applied from the outside and are proportional to the size of themhousing.mThe mechanical wheel not only bears the name of the long sought perpetual motion machine; it deserves to be named for suchmmotion. It uses one of the best known implements for mechanical power, namely, a true circular wheel which rotates about its central axis.�

3. John Collins/Mike Senior translation
“The internal structure of the wheel is designed in such a way that weights applied in accordance with the laws of Perpetual Motion, work, once a small impressed force has caused the commencement of movement, to perpetuate the said movement and cause the rotation to continue indefinitely – that is, as long as the device retains its structural integrity – without the necessity of external assistance for its continuation – such as the mechanisms which are to be found in other ‘automatics’ – e.g. clockwork, springs or weights that require rewinding. For this concept, my 'principle of excess weight’ ... these weights are themselves the PM device, the 'essential constituent parts' which must of necessity continue to exercise their motive force (derived from the PM principle [excess weight]) indefinitely - so long as they keep away from the centre of gravity. To this end they are enclosed in a structure or framework, and coordinated in such a way that not only are they prevented from attaining their desired equilibrium or ‘point of rest’, but they must for ever seek it, thereby developing an impressive velocity which is proportional to their mass and to the dimensions of their housing. This velocity is sufficient for the moving and raising of loads applied to the axis of rotation.�

4. Stewart Hughes translation
German:
“The inner structure of this tympanum or wheel is of such a nature, after which a number of weights arranged according to 'a priori' (that is, scientifically demonstrable) laws of mechanical perpetual motion, continuously drive the wheel after/from [a] single received rotation, or after/from [a] single impressed force of the swing/impetus/momentum, and its revolution must continue so long as that is to say the whole structure maintains itself, without any further assistance and help [from] external motive forces which would require restitution.�
Latin:
“[The] interior structure [of the] tympanum or wheel is so constructed, in order that weights, arranged according to 'a priori' or scientifically demonstrable laws of mechanical perpetual motion, may drive the wheel without rest [from a] single received impulse & revolution, and may cause perpetual motion, as long as of course [the] structure itself [does] not lose its position and order/arrangement; and without any further help & without another added source of motion which may need to be restored.�
- Rocky (Robert)
Stewart
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Stewart »

Rocky wrote:Apologia Poetica Little Book Translations (page 295 in download version)
Seriously? Did you not read this post:

http://www.besslerwheel.com/forum/viewt ... 401#150401

Not a good start!

Stewart
Sam Peppiatt
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Sam Peppiatt »

To@

One things for sure, Bessler's Wheel isn't something you can figure out by natural smartness! (MT)

Sam
Stewart
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Stewart »

Ok, I've addressed the first item: AP Part I, Chapter 46. See the following topic for my latest translation and in-depth explanation:
http://www.besslerwheel.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7022

Please disregard the translation attributed to me and posted by Rocky in the second post as it's a really old one. In fact, if it's still possible to edit your post, please could you delete it Rocky? Thanks.

One of the key errors in other translations I'd like to point out is that the children are playing with balls (marbles) and not clubs, and in fact the small columns are likely to be a reference to skittle pins (see this post: http://www.besslerwheel.com/forum/viewt ... 495#150495 ).

Die Kinder spielen auf den Säulgen
Mit lauter schweren Schniebe-Käulgen;

the children play on the small columns
with loud heavy marbles;

Stewart
WaltzCee
Addict
Addict

Re: re: Clue Translations

Post by WaltzCee »

Sam Peppiatt wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:11 pm To@

One things for sure, Bessler's Wheel isn't something you can figure out by natural smartness! (MT)

Sam
So there's still hope for you and me, Shammy. :)
The inward structure of the wheel is of a nature according to the laws of mechanical perpetual motion, so arranged that by disposed weights once in rotation they gain force from their own swinging, and must continue their movement as long as their structure does not lose its position and arrangement.
Do you see that emboldened clue in your present design?

The driver drives clue makes me think the driver also rides on what's driven.

What do you think?
........................¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ the future is here ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Advocate of God Almighty, maker of heaven and earth and redeemer of my soul.
Walter Clarkson
© 2023 Walter W. Clarkson, LLC
All rights reserved. Do not even quote me w/o my expressed written consent.
Sam Peppiatt
Devotee
Devotee

Re: Clue Translations

Post by Sam Peppiatt »

God, Waltcy, did you have to dig that up? Me and my big mouth----------but, yes I do, now that you mentioned it. Maybe swinging refers to the rollers rolling outward; a superior force if you will, driving the freqing wheel. Now I don't have to build it---------------------Sam
Last edited by Sam Peppiatt on Tue Jan 03, 2023 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
andyblues
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by andyblues »

Nice one Rocky happy new year i was reading through your 300 years clues page over Christmas and i could not help but notice that there could be a outer rim here driven by a inner system the prime mover in my mind , there where points where Bessler said weight not weights this made me think a heavy rim externally mounted and lifted at the right angle may be 2 oclock fall finishing at 430 which i picked up from some where else ,if as we know if this lift angle could be 90 degrees then the turning force could be quite high obviuosly there's a keel from the inner system but it looks rely light ,not sure how to do the maths here but i know the loss's are all about distance from the center so i will have to build a test jig and measure and see ,the thing that really stands out is contraption has to stay coordinated ,not loose its alignment , things are beginnig to make a bit more sense thanks to your work thank you rocky and Stuart too ,with out your du diligence we would be none the wiser happy new year all
only by making mistakes can you truly learn
Leafy
Aficionado
Aficionado

Re: re: Clue Translations

Post by Leafy »

Sam Peppiatt wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:11 pm To@

Sam
Sammy without h,

Something small could worth gold.
I would trade everything to see her again, even a perpetual motion machine…
Leafy
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by Leafy »

Yawn: we need a machine. I sold mine.
I would trade everything to see her again, even a perpetual motion machine…