Connecting the Clues.

A Bessler, gravity, free-energy free-for-all. Registered users can upload files, conduct polls, and more...

Moderator: scott

Silvertiger
Devotee
Devotee

Connecting the Clues.

Post by Silvertiger »

We have them. Let's connect them here.

I'll begin with some of my own thoughts.

There is a particular clue that caught my attention more so than most other clues: "The weights which rest below must, in a flash, be raised upwards. How suddenly the excess weight is caused to rise (as does a weight above the point of application of a lever)."

I assume that Bessler was a very skilled mathematician and understood well the concepts of physics and mechanical engineering, which gives me pause on this clue.

"The weights which REST below." This is very, very intriguing. Combined with the clue, "There can be nothing involved in it which remains STATIONARY ON the axle," tells a great deal, does it not?

to REST: to cease work or movement

STATIONARY: not moving or not intended to be moved

These are not contradictory clues. Rather, they tell when a weight is engaged and when it is disengaged from the system. An engaged weight is not stationary and not at rest; a disengaged weight IS at rest. The weights are being transported and dropped off and then picked up at a later time like a very very busy metropolitan bus transit system on a tight schedule. That's how I see it anyway.

Moreover, if they are resting below, they are resting on something, such as the rim. If they are resting on the bottom of the rim, then "rest" means that, although they may be rolling a little, they are no longer being lifted or dropped. They are vertically at rest. The only other thing I can think of is some sort of platform or cubby or whatnot suspended beneath the axle, which I think would technically be allowed if they are NOT engaged, thereby satisfying the implicit condition from the the two clues combined that only engaged weights cannot remain stationary on the axle.

Also, in the statement "the weights which rest below..." the word weights is plural, indicating that more than one weight may be at rest at a time, or perhaps one weight's disposition overlaps another's for a brief moment whereby one is not "picked up" until another is "dropped off." I still think of someone getting off a bus saying hi to friend who is getting on. They converse until the bus's wait time is over and the friend boards.

Thoughts?
Philosophy is the beginning of science; not the conclusion.
daanopperman
Devotee
Devotee

re: Connecting the Clues.

Post by daanopperman »

Hi Silver tiger ,

I would like to spend some time on your post before making a comment , but meantime I have some of my own for the topic .

Bessler said with one cross bar , the wheel turns very slowly , as if it almost can not turn itself .
If the weight driving the wheel was a ob weight , the weight would cause the wheel to speed up as the weight lost pe from 12 to 6 .
But if the driving weight lose pe contiguously , throughout the rotation of the wheel , one weight cannot speed the wheel up , for the weight does not change leverage position from 12 to 3 . It mearly bobs up and down close to 12 ( although it might reside at 3 all the time to apply max leverage , just lifting and falling around the 3o clock position )
This will also fit the clue as to one side being full and heavy , the other light and empty .
Also , I think the wheel covering was to hide not the prime mover as so much , but to hide the fact that the driver was not a wheel at all . If for the last 300 yrs the quest was to find a ppm wheel , in stead of a motion , Bessler succeeded in hiding his secret for another 300 .

Daan
Silvertiger
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Silvertiger »

Cool beans Daan. Can't wait to hear your thoughts on this. As for the crossbar clue you mentioned, I'm working on tieing that into one the biggest run of clues which, to me at least, describes definitions and terms, the principles of operation, the components, the nature of the motion and disposition of the weights, etc. I'll have it posted shortly.
daanopperman
Devotee
Devotee

Post by daanopperman »

Hi ,

For a weight to remain " fixed " to the axel , would imply it is moving with the axel in a frame of rotation .
The wheel was just a method to go from reciprocal motion to rotational motion , with one cross bar , a ratchet would be needed , to drive a balanced wheel in small increments .
There are 2 of 3 MT's that is not a wheel , but driving a axel .
Bessler also said in one clue , the wheel would turn longer if it was empty , iow balanced

Can't wait for shortly

Daan
Silvertiger
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Silvertiger »

The Clues:

"An anvil receives many blows. A driver drives. A runner runs. The seer sees. The buyer buys. The rain drips down. Snow falls. The shotgun shoots. The bow twangs. A great fat herd of fat, lazy, plump horses wanders aimlessly. The flail would rather be with the thresher than with the scholar. Children play with heavy clubs among the broken columns. Acrobats and shadow-boxers are as fleet and nimble as the wind. The cunning cat slinks silently along and snatches nice juicy mice. The dog creeps out of his kennel just as far as his chain will stretch. He knows how to please by playing with his little toys and knick-knacks. He wags his tail, creeps through the hoop and is rewarded with pats on his paws by the stiff fops who watch him."

- Bessler, AP

The Breakdown:

Components and their Functions:

1. An anvil receives many blows.
2. A driver drives.
3. A runner runs.
4. The seer sees.
5. The buyer buys.

Principle Operation:

1. The rain drips down.
2. Snow falls.
3. The shotgun shoots.
4. The bow twangs.
5. A great fat herd of fat, lazy, plump horses wanders aimlessly.

A Crucial Component:

1. The flail would rather be with the thresher than with the scholar.
2. Children play with heavy clubs among the broken columns.
3. Acrobats and shadow-boxers are as fleet and nimble as the wind.
4. The cunning cat slinks silently along and snatches nice juicy mice.
5. The dog:
a. Creeps out of his kennel just as far as his chain will stretch.
b. He knows how to please by playing with his little toys and knick-knacks.
c. He wags his tail, creeps through the hoop and is rewarded with pats on his paws by the stiff fops who watch him.

My Interpretation:

Components of the Wheel:

1. The Anvil: the crossbar where and when torque is applied.

2. The Driver: the framework or structure that is the prime cause of motion; he gets things moving and is in control of acceleration, velocity, route planning, and proper timing and keeping to his busy tight schedule of picking people up and dropping them off.

3. The Runner: a weight traveling along; in motion, constant in it's path and speed.

4. The Seer: a weight at rest, ready to transition from "disengaged" to "engaged," taking a break from everything, watching everything go by, waiting for his moment to act...but not yet...not yet.

5. The Buyer: a weight transitioning from "disengaged" to "engaged;" he gets picked up soon; the seer sees the buyer looking for his opportune moment to "get on board" and buy some stock at low market value.

Principle Operation:

1. The Rain: the first phase of motion (acceleration) - weights falling fast and hard; the bus takes off quickly enough to keep to its schedule and cause the passengers to press into their seats.

2. The Snow: the second phase of motion (deceleration) - weights dropping slowly, steadily, landing with a soft impact; the bus eases to a halt to let off it's passengers.

3. The Shotgun: the third phase of motion (abrupt acceleration) - weights being propelled upward at an insane acceleration; the driver had better not let any passengers on who are prone to motion sickness! The shotgun is also the drawn bow being released (destressed) and the "bow twangs" is the bowstring going taught (pulley cord) as whatever tensioner was used expends its stored energy, whether it be a drawn bow or a compressed spring.

4. The Bow: the fourth phase of motion (the spring/tension release) - a pulley cord under high tension from being drawn like a compound bow snaps back into its taught position of equilibrium with its spring-like counterpart that keeps the tension on it constant. It's work is now finished, until it is time to be drawn yet again.

5. The Fat Herd: the fifth phase of motion (the GPE reset??) - all those weights that were launched upward by the shotgun, from my interpretation, are now almost at a standstill as KE goes to zero at the top; they may even wobble a little as they get ready for the descent. (This is the clue that I am the most uncertain about.) It describes the weights being herded together into one general vicinity and acting collectively as one. the word "aimless" to me describes no direction and very little movement. But there IS movement to some degree.

A Crucial Component:

(It has been listed separate from the first five components in AP and gets a much longer and descriptive sentence.)

1. The Flail: this describes a component of Bessler's wheel. A flail is an old hand tool for those can't afford the modern day threshing machines. One long stick is double jointed together by a rope to a short stick and resembles nunchuku. I'm pretty sure I know what the mechanism is and what it's purpose is in the wheel. "The flail would RATHER be with the thresher than with the scholar." The flail was invented to thresh (to remove grain from plant) and if I were a flail and I new my true purpose for being created, I would choose to be with the thresher - the farmer that knows how to wield me. BUT, it just so happens that the scholar, who is not a farmer, picked up a flail one day and figured out a DIFFERENT use for it. The flail protested but chose to stay and got used to its new job.

The scholar, by the way, is none other than Bessler himself.

2. "Broken columns" doesn't only perfectly describe a flail - it also says there is more than one. Playing with heavy clubs among the broken columns describes an interaction between two components, one being the flail; the other the club. Since this is the only mention of "club" it is difficult to guess its meaning with any certainty whatsoever. The child with a club could be a reference to MT138, but that is merely a guess.

3. Description of the motion of the "flails." Acrobats have timing down to a T and are able to land their moves flawlessly, as this is what they have trained for. Wiki: "Shadowboxing is an exercise used in the training for combat sports, especially, as its name implies, in boxing. It is used mainly to prepare the muscles before the person training engages in stronger physical activity." So the flail has been "trained," which means it has been put to use through trial and error until finally its "muscles" were prepared, meaning the "scholar" (the trainer, Bessler) found the proper method of its use in his wheel.

4. Once again, yet another analogy to describe the flail: the cunning cat who snatches up juicy mice...yummy! Once again, the cat: he is also acrobatic and hits his intended target and lands on his feet every time. He has perfect timing when making the kill. He snatches that juicy mouse at the most opportune and perfect moment. But THIS cat ALWAYS gets his mouse...that's rare. The cat-like flail is a quiet component...you may not hear it while the other stuff is making noise. I'm fairly certain that a "juicy mouse" is a weight and if that is true then we have our first description of our bus stop: the flail.

5. The dog...my, my, the DOG.

A. He's actually a juicy mouse that has just been discarded by the cat (flail), lol...it's a weight, suspended by cord, perhaps on a pulley system. I imagine the yo-yo trick called "walking the dog." So from the above list of wheel components, the dog is "The Runner." He goes out as far as his chain will stretch and sits in one spot on the rim I think, like the "weights which rest below" perhaps?

B. I think this part is over-reaching on Bessler's part if it means what I think Bessler meant in stating it. It describes a length of a period of rest. I think that the dog is just killing time while waits for its ride on the Shotgun Express. Dogs play when they have nothing else better to do. They either play or lie down.

C. He wags his tail - is this some sort of swinging pendular activity? Anyway, he creeps through the "hoop", meaning that he just boarded the "bus," a.k.a. "The Shotgun." He is then rewarded with pats on his paws by the stiff fops who watch him. This amazes me, really, how it all comes round together, because a "stiff fop" is a "seer" who is "seeing," and the dog is the "buyer" who's buying! A pat on the paws means that an incoming disengaged weight released by the flail component contacts the "dog" weight that is about to be engaged by the Shotgun Mechanism.

Note: I have a theory as to why the flail and all of its associated components were listed last and separate from the first five components, but am hesitant to specify as it would give a new indoctrination for our imaginings of a working design. I may say later. I'll give it some thought.

Thoughts anyone? :)
Philosophy is the beginning of science; not the conclusion.
helloha
Devotee
Devotee

Post by helloha »

Here's my interpretation, only for a portion, too lazy for the rest
An anvil receives many blows. (opening sentence)
A driver drives.
A runner runs.
The seer sees.
The buyer buys.
The rain drips down.
Snow falls.
The shotgun shoots.
The bow twangs.
A great fat herd of fat, lazy, plump horses wanders aimlessly.
The flail would rather be with the thresher than with the scholar. (closing sentence)
First what are these short sentences trying to achieve.
A driver drives.
A runner runs.
The seer sees.
The buyer buys.
The rain drips down.
Snow falls.
The shotgun shoots.
The bow twangs.
The role of the driver is to .... drive;
the role of the runner is to .... run;
the rain .... can drip;
and what the snow do is to .... fall, etc etc.

Basically these short sentences are establishing every persons & objects have a role/function/objective to play;
which bring down to the next sentence
A great fat herd of fat, lazy, plump horses wanders aimlessly.
What are the function of these fat, lazy horses .... wanders aimlessly .... nothing, these horses have no role to fulfil.
And are these horses a metaphor of something or someone else ?
Now look at the next sentence
The flail would rather be with the thresher than with the scholar.
Flail with thresher... these are used for separating grain from crops, these work involves sweat and tear, it's hardwork.

And the opposite of hardwork is lazy, so
- if flail choose thresher over scholar, then
- it means hardwork over lazy;
- meaning the scholar is lazy;
- now connect this lazy scholar with the previous sentence of "fat, lazy, plump horses"

Other interpretion can also be
- Bessler would rather work with hardworking people than lazy people
- Bessler would rather focus on practical work than deal with talkers
- basically an insult to those lazy and "wanders aimlessly" scholars

Which now bring back the opening sentence
An anvil receives many blows.
Two ways to interpret, either
(1) plain and simple, the role/function of anvil is to.... receive blows, or
(2) the anvil is a metaphor of Bessler himself getting hammered down by his opponents, which are the lazy scholars

Lastly, for the closing sentence,
The flail would rather be with the thresher than with the scholar.
As this is describing choosing hands-on (or hardwork, or practical) over the lazy (or insulting those scholars),
it also indicates the transition from the insult to the practical stuff,
so the following next sentences onward would be focus on the wheel.
‘If you can’t explain it to a 11-year-old, you probably don’t understand it yourself.’
For simplicity is genius.
silent
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by silent »