Forum Index
BesslerWheel.com
Discussion Board

Log inLog in RegisterRegister SearchSearch BlogsBlogs Blog NewsBlog News PollsPolls FAQFAQ FAQWiki
Forum Index
How Difficult can it be?

Page 16 of 16 Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rasselasss
Aficionado
Aficionado

Total Words: 39,443

Acknowledged  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 5:13 pm    Post subject: re: How Difficult can it be? Reply with quote Report Post to Admin

R.I.P. Chris Bell...inventor.. EGGrings..

Last edited by rasselasss on Sat Sep 03, 2016 5:16 pm; edited 1 time in total. (6 percent)
rasselasss

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 5:14 pm    Post subject: re: How Difficult can it be? Reply with quote Report Post to Admin

rasselasss

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:51 pm    Post subject: re: How Difficult can it be? Reply with quote Report Post to Admin

Merry Christmas and good luck to all for 2017..

rasselasss

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:34 pm    Post subject: re: How Difficult can it be? Reply with quote Report Post to Admin

A good explanation about the synchronization of pendulums(huygens)for those interested.....i tried in the past to sustain two pendulums keyed to a fixed torsion bar,with both pendulums opposing each other not to prove synchro but as a means for longitivity of "swing"...alas with limited success,possibly in hindsight i should have preloaded the torsion bar before fitting the pendulums.

rasselasss

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Report Post to Admin

rasselasss

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:23 pm    Post subject: re: How Difficult can it be? Reply with quote Report Post to Admin

Sometimes when i think of Bessler and his Wheel the Hindu idea of Maya comes to mind ...

ME
Addict
Addict

Total Words: 197,208

Well respected  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:40 pm    Post subject: re: How Difficult can it be? Reply with quote Report Post to Admin

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maya_(illusion)#The_Upanishads
Quote:
Hendrick Vroom explains, "The term Maya has been translated as 'illusion,' but then it does not concern normal illusion. Here 'illusion' does not mean that the world is not real and simply a figment of the human imagination. Maya means that the world is not as it seems; the world that one experiences is misleading as far as its true nature is concerned."
Lynn Foulston states, "The world is both real and unreal because it exists but is 'not what it appears to be'."
According to Wendy Doniger, "to say that the universe is an illusion (māyā) is not to say that it is unreal; it is to say, instead, that it is not what it seems to be, that it is something constantly being made. Māyā not only deceives people about the things they think they know; more basically, it limits their knowledge."

Māyā pre-exists and co-exists with Brahman the Ultimate Principle, Consciousness. Maya is perceived reality, one that does not reveal the hidden principles, the true reality.

rasselasss

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Report Post to Admin

rasselasss

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Report Post to Admin

Bessler gets a mention(comparison) in this book ....for those interested in the Vedas....i think the Author is well known to J.C...

John Collins
Addict
Addict

Total Words: 270,883

Respected  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:13 pm    Post subject: Report Post to Admin

Yes, we have corresponded in the past. He apppears to be a clever and highly educated man and his theories are therefore all the more inexplicable given his qualifications.

JC

Page 16 of 16 Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16

Jump to: