How Difficult can it be?

Miscellaneous news and views...

Moderator: scott

rasselasss
Aficionado
Aficionado

re: How Difficult can it be?

Post by rasselasss »

R.I.P. Chris Bell...inventor.. EGGrings..
Last edited by rasselasss on Sat Sep 03, 2016 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rasselasss
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by rasselasss »

rasselasss
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by rasselasss »

Merry Christmas and good luck to all for 2017..
rasselasss
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by rasselasss »

A good explanation about the synchronization of pendulums(huygens)for those interested.....i tried in the past to sustain two pendulums keyed to a fixed torsion bar,with both pendulums opposing each other not to prove synchro but as a means for longitivity of "swing"...alas with limited success,possibly in hindsight i should have preloaded the torsion bar before fitting the pendulums.
rasselasss
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by rasselasss »

rasselasss
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by rasselasss »

Sometimes when i think of Bessler and his Wheel the Hindu idea of Maya comes to mind ...
ME
Addict
Addict

Post by ME »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maya_(ill ... Upanishads
Hendrick Vroom explains, "The term Maya has been translated as 'illusion,' but then it does not concern normal illusion. Here 'illusion' does not mean that the world is not real and simply a figment of the human imagination. Maya means that the world is not as it seems; the world that one experiences is misleading as far as its true nature is concerned."
Lynn Foulston states, "The world is both real and unreal because it exists but is 'not what it appears to be'."
According to Wendy Doniger, "to say that the universe is an illusion (māyā) is not to say that it is unreal; it is to say, instead, that it is not what it seems to be, that it is something constantly being made. Māyā not only deceives people about the things they think they know; more basically, it limits their knowledge."

Māyā pre-exists and co-exists with Brahman – the Ultimate Principle, Consciousness. Maya is perceived reality, one that does not reveal the hidden principles, the true reality.
Marchello E.
-- May the force lift you up. In case it doesn't, try something else.---
rasselasss
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by rasselasss »

rasselasss
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by rasselasss »

Bessler gets a mention(comparison) in this book ....for those interested in the Vedas....i think the Author is well known to J.C...
John Collins
Addict
Addict

Post by John Collins »

Yes, we have corresponded in the past. He apppears to be a clever and highly educated man and his theories are therefore all the more inexplicable given his qualifications.

JC
rasselasss
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by rasselasss »

I thought this a "good read"at a time when when i was interested in "mercury"as a source for perpetual motion.....may be of interest to some here...
rasselasss
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by rasselasss »

rasselasss
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by rasselasss »

Riortie, did you ever get round to restoring your classic pick-up truck,just curious, i remember you talking about it on here a while back,i do this myself...mostly 1950's-60's motorcycle restoration(easier worked with)when i have the time.
rlortie
Addict
Addict

Post by rlortie »

Hi rass,

It's a 1992 Dodge-Ram D250 with the 5.9 turbocharged Cummins diesel.

So far I have rebuilt the Dana limited slip differential, preformed a complete brake job including a new rear wheel anti-lock system. i trashed the original pickup bed saving only the unitized cross members. Re-installed the cross members and welded 12 gauge diamond plate for a wider longer bed. Removed the rear bumper and wrapped a boat tail rear with 14 gauge.

There are four under-bed (three installed) tool boxes notched and mounted to the cross members and diamond plate. 36" long boxes ahead of the axle and 24" behind blending into a boat tail. Before I can install the right rear box, I have to re-route the exhaust pipe out the rear as seen on some of the new pickups. Also attached at this time was the mounts and brackets for a slide out 5th wheel trailer hitch.

The engine has been gone through, valves adjusted, new fuel pump, new serpentine belt, steam cleaned and painted. The cab body was originally painted with acrylic lacquer (black-silver-black)... I have managed to hoard enough black (now off the market) but will have to use something else to replace the silver, decided to go with aquamarine blue aka Ford Baby Blue.

Black anodized aluminum running boards with splash panels extend from the front wheel wells to the under-body tool boxes. This makes for a long low and mean looking machine especially for a 3/4 ton pickup!

A new interior, headliner and upholstery is still on the "To-do-List". I have not kept track of the money spent, but I have put an estimate of $4,000.00 into it! God knows how many hours have been spent, but it is still cheaper than what a new comparable pickup would cost!

Ralph
rasselasss
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by rasselasss »

Riortie, thats a lot of work and time you put into the resto.i'm sure it'll be real nice when you finish it ,good luck and good health to get it done....doing stuff like this is a real labour of love and satisfaction when completed.....Good Luck.