Forum Index
BesslerWheel.com
Discussion Board

Log inLog in RegisterRegister SearchSearch BlogsBlogs Blog NewsBlog News PollsPolls FAQFAQ FAQWiki
Forum Index
KE PE and torque effect?

Page 4 of 4 Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
View previous topic :: View next topic  
agor95
Aficionado
Aficionado

Total Words: 55,461

Appreciated  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:22 pm    Post subject: re: KE PE and torque effect? Reply with quote Report Post to Admin

Sam

I also do not draw. That is why I use free software to do the drawing for me.

I am using two principles one to sustain motion after putting energy into the conceptual design. The other to bring energy into the device from outside.

The principles need to be there to base a design.

Sam Peppiatt
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Total Words: 13,095

Acknowledged  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:10 pm    Post subject: re: KE PE and torque effect? Reply with quote Report Post to Admin

Agor95,

That's what I meant; far easier for me to figure out Bessler's wheel than try to draw with a computer---------------it's beyond me. Software has passed me by like a freight train, Sam

Grimer
Addict
Addict

Total Words: 523,744

Acknowledged  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:41 am    Post subject: Re: re: KE PE and torque effect? Reply with quote Report Post to Admin

agor95 wrote:
Sam

I also do not draw. That is why I use free software to do the drawing for me.

I am using two principles one to sustain motion after putting energy into the conceptual design. The other to bring energy into the device from outside.

The principles need to be there to base a design.

Could you give me a link to that free software you are using for your drawings.

Thanks.

Sam Peppiatt

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:58 pm    Post subject: re: KE PE and torque effect? Reply with quote Report Post to Admin

I don't think anyone is interested, but if someone might be; the best I can tell; bell cranks won't work for resetting the sliders. Also I'm fairly certain that they have to be lifted at the 6 O'clock position or soon after. See MT-15. Horizontal does't work. For what ever it's worth---------------
Sam Peppiatt

agor95

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:28 pm    Post subject: re: KE PE and torque effect? Reply with quote Report Post to Admin

Sam: we a reading and will take your insight.

Grimer: The drawing software is in tech support 'Moray & POV'

Regards

Sam Peppiatt

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:54 pm    Post subject: re: KE PE and torque effect? Reply with quote Report Post to Admin

Agor95,

I'm fairly certain, ( for what ever it's worth), MT-15 is the right way to replicate Bessler's Wheel. MT-15 shows CCW rotation, with the slider starting to lift at 45 degrees before bottom dead center, (BBDC), and fully lifted at 6 o'clock I suspect that is exactly right. In this way the wheel is always top heavy, always falling down.

Also the "lifter" has to be double acting, as are the sliders. Please don't ask me how to do it, but maybe one of you can figure it out.

Sam

agor95

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:22 pm    Post subject: re: KE PE and torque effect? Reply with quote Report Post to Admin

Sam :-)

Quote:

Please don't ask me how to do it, but maybe one of you can figure it out.

Fine with me

Sam Peppiatt

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:04 am    Post subject: re: KE PE and torque effect? Reply with quote Report Post to Admin

Ridicule? Great! I never learn, do I--------------------Peppiatt

agor95

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:55 am    Post subject: re: KE PE and torque effect? Reply with quote Report Post to Admin

LOL

Seriously we are all in the same boat.

All trying to figure things out.

Grimer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:50 pm    Post subject: Report Post to Admin

As I see it an essential requirement it to generate 3rd derivative motion one side and not the other. This essentially means some element of freefall in a circle one side and not the other.

Straight line free fall won't wash as it only generates 2nd derivative motion.

View user's profile Send email Blog Visit poster's website AIM Address Skype Name
Post new topic  Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 4 of 4 Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Jump to: