Theoretical Perpetual Pendulum

A Bessler, gravity, free-energy free-for-all. Registered users can upload files, conduct polls, and more...

Moderator: scott

john.smith
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

re: Theoretical Perpetual Pendulum

Post by john.smith »

I've thought of a way to simplify the design, I'll show it this weekend. Am still waiting on the block I ordered, only bought one so they might be holding off on making it.
john.smith
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by john.smith »

Using 2 weights around each drum or wheel, easier construction. a full circle can be used for the grindstone. Then an A-frame can be used for a stand for the double pendulum to swing from. The grindstone will not rotate.
The drum the 2 weights are suspended from will have 2 lines suspending the drum from the arms. Only one drum will need to rotate.

This can be tested at each step to see if at any point there is an obvious reason it would not work. There would be 2 reasons for this. The first is that everyone would have a good idea of how it's supposed to work and if someone else builds it then they'll have a better understanding of it's mechanics. And anyone with basic mechanical skills would be able to build this. And at the end of the day hopefully it can be remembered that this will helpfully show/explain some of what is needed to build a real working Bessler wheel.

edited to add; The most likely place that energy will be lost is if the drum on the left takes too long to roll to it's outer position. This is where if the arm is pointed downhill a little then when the weight rolls out it can release a toggle letting the arm fall. Also using 2 straight arms might work just as well with the weight rolling on top of the arm. Until something is tested there are a lot of unknowns.
Attachments
Simplified Double Pendulum Design with A-frame.jpg
Simplified Double Pendulum Design.jpg
john.smith
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by john.smith »

I will be simplifying the design. I have built something similar to this in that I had two arms 90° to each other and it rotated almost 90°. The retraction method is unique because the weight is not pulled into the arm but inward along it's length.
The arm will need to be held in the up position while the weights roll outward. Then it release a latch. Very simple but have little to work with.
With this a spring might allow the drum to roll out a little quicker. The extra force might be needed because a latch would need to be released.
Attachments
Untitled 1.jpg