Joe Newman's turn!

Miscellaneous news and views...

Moderator: scott

Art
Devotee
Devotee

re: Joe Newman's turn!

Post by Art »

Is it possible to access the documentation he would have submitted in the course of a patent application ?
Have had the solution to Bessler's Wheel approximately monthly for over 30 years ! But next month is "The One" !
Furcurequs
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Furcurequs »

Hey Art,

I don't think Newman's U.S. patent application was ever published. If I remember correctly, he was granted a patent in Mexico or somewhere else, though. I'll see if I can find that one.

Here is his patent for his exercise weights:

https://www.google.com/patents/US3171652

If I remember correctly, my own brother may have once had a weight set with those concrete filled plastic weights. That would have been Joseph Newman's invention, then.

Newman had several editions of a self published book that had his theory and other information related to his Energy Machine. I don't know if it has his patent application in it or not, but there are copies available online. There is even one at archive.org. I think it has close to 700 pages or so.

It's probably technically still in copyright, though I don't know who would receive royalties from it now.

I started thinking about the possibility of extracting energy from magnets before I ever heard of Joe Newman, so when I heard about and saw what he had, I thought that maybe he might have actually been on to something.

When I heard his actually theory, though, and how he thought the energy (if there was any excess energy, of course) was coming from the atoms of the copper wire, that's where his ideas didn't make sense to me. I thought that if his device worked, the energy would have to be coming from the magnets themselves - though still maybe a form of atomic energy.

Anyway, what I've been seeing lately in my own magnet experiments is exactly what I had hoped to see. I really couldn't have asked for better test results. My theory and the real world tests actually do seem to match.

I've yet to build the fully cyclical device with energy feedback, though, so there is the chance I'm overlooking something.

The experiments that I've been doing are to examine the different stages of what will be the complete cycle, and it looks like they should all add up to a net gain. As I examine the stages of the cycle, there is a power stage, a loss stage and for part basically a null stage.

The energy loss in the loss stage seems to be less than half of that gained in the power stage of the planned cycle, so again, it appears that there should be an overall gain in a complete cycle.

It sure would be nice to actually have something to share eventually, so I really need to keep at this one. ...fingers crossed.

ETA: Newman's South African patent application is shown at the bottom of the following web page:

http://www.rexresearch.com/newman/newman.htm
I don't believe in conspiracies!
I prefer working alone.
Art
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Art »

Thanks Dwayne for those very interesting articles in the above link .

I can see why Newman was so pissed off with the Patent office !

Should your experiments prove positive on your device , I think you will have to give some pretty hard thought to how you word the patent application .

I don't think it was a very good strategy of Newman to try and explain his alternative theory in the application .

It really needs to be more of a "when you do this and this you get this effect - and I want protection for my method of doing it ! " .

I don't think giving the Patent office hacks the opportunity to theorise about the theory works ! : )
Have had the solution to Bessler's Wheel approximately monthly for over 30 years ! But next month is "The One" !
Furcurequs
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Furcurequs »

Hey Art,

You're welcome.

That a judge rejected the opinion of the special master that he himself had chosen - and who had an electrical engineering degree, a law degree and who had even been a former commissioner of patents - it did seem rather suspicious. I think the documentary I watched even said that the fellow had spent about a month and a half or so alone with one of Newman's devices examining it before making his positive recommendation.

That Newman never found a way to remove the batteries was probably his downfall (if it possibly worked, of course). As long as those batteries were connected, any claims of excess energy production could be written off as measurement error.

...though rigorous tests should have been able to answer the question conclusively.

Of course, the other argument would be that those doing the tests that showed negative results - like the National Bureau of Standards - made the errors, which of course is what Newman and his supporters did.

Newman said that he had his theory about his gyroscopic particles first and that his energy machine was just to demonstrate that his theory was correct. So, I guess that is why he added that information to the patent application.

I agree with you, though, about being careful as to what to claim in a patent application.

If my magnet gadget were to ultimately work, I would highly suspect the energy would be coming from the magnets themselves - and so likely be a new form of atomic, though not necessarily nuclear, energy.

Of course, if you claim you have a new atomic energy device of some kind, that might raise some red flags somewhere! ...lol

Though, if one were to say the energy is being created from nothing or is some sort of space energy extracted from the vacuum instead, that would have its own problems - and the application would likely end up in the "perpetual motion" trash bin.

First things first, of course. So, I'll just concentrate on getting my device built. ...but if I were to be successful, I would then have to start seriously considering questions as to how long it could run and what might be the real consequences of its operation.

"You know those nuclearly stable ferromagnetic iron atoms? Well, they aren't nuclearly stable anymore!" ...God forbid.

I do agree with you, though. On the patent application it should just be "when I do this and this, I get THIS!!" ...but how did you know?!

They would then be too caught up in the notion that it's a perpetual motion machine to consider the real consequences - which hopefully by then I would be sorting out on my own or with the help of others.

The patent lawyers I would likely go to probably do some work for people at the Oak Ridge National Laboratory, so I suspect we would be able to find interested parties to help with testing.

Anyway, that's getting ahead of myself for now.

If you can find the new Newman documentary, I would again recommend it. I don't think anyone has uploaded it to any legal sites yet, however, and so that the producers can get their royalties.

Dwayne

PS: I managed to kill my only white Habanero seedling. ...and I took my other pepper plants outside, but they aren't doing all that well. They just don't get enough direct sunlight near my cabin. The one brown Habanero looks fairly healthy, but it is still rather small.
I prefer working alone.
Art
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Art »

--------

"...but how did you know?! "

You could try .... " God told me ! " : )

----

"PS: I managed to kill my only white Habanero seedling. ...and I took my other pepper plants outside, but they aren't doing all that well. They just don't get enough direct sunlight near my cabin. The one brown Habanero looks fairly healthy, but it is still rather small."

My crop of one and a half (largely unidentified ) chillies are still languishing on my kitchen window shelf - still on the plants !.

Both plants contracted some sort of invasion from hundreds of tiny little web producing spiders , which were so small that I had to use 20X magnification just to see them .
The web they produced was equally gossamere like and they had highways built out of it from leaf to leaf of the plants .
Just when I was thinking "neat !, a spider that likes chillie plants - must be Australian Mexicans" , - the leaves of both plants promptly withered and started to drop off !
So I started a bit of chemical warfare and put a few drops of pyrethrum strategically on their "highways" which caused them to wither too .

About a week later both plants started to put out new leaves and now about a month later both plants look like they would like me to try and nurse them through winter indoors . So I'm leaving them with the one and a half chillies on them as encouragement .Might have to postpone my harvest festival to next year !

All my outdoor ones have pretty well given up too . I'm just leaving them to see if some of them might do a Lazarus for me after the winter outdoors !

I think what I learned from them already is that temperature is more critical than light intensity. The temperature needs to be about 27 Degrees C or thereabouts and I think full sun stressed them too much even when they had lots of water.

I'm still hoping to double that crop to at least 3 chillies next year ! : )
Furcurequs
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Furcurequs »

When I was having bug problems, I mixed up a solution of chili powder, vinegar, dish washing liquid and water to spray on the plants - thanks to some information I found online. That seemed to do the job.

My current pepper plants are becoming rather spindly. They get so little sun where they are that they seem to be growing taller in trying to reach the light. The one exception is the chocolate Habanero. It looks more leafy and of normal height.
I prefer working alone.
Art
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Art »

"a solution of chili powder, vinegar, dish washing liquid and water"

-----

I just noticed mine are starting to develop a black rust disease now !

Maybe its a good opportunity to try variations of your above mixture (might add some white oil as a secret principle though for the rust)

If food production is as challenging as building a PM machine (and my experience tells me it is) , - then I think future generations are in trouble !

What we probably most need for the wheel are not simple carpenters but some simple farmers to work out these "secret principles " ! : )
Furcurequs
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Furcurequs »

A youtube link to the Newman documentary was posted at overunity.com by Stephen Hartmann.

Here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrJIzrmX1mI

I would highly recommend it, and hopefully with it being on youtube there aren't many copyright/royalty issues. I assume they sort that stuff out, but that may not necessarily be the case.

Stephen Hartmann also posted a video to youtube of his own visit to see Joseph Newman in 1987. It has some footage of Newman devices that I'm not sure I had ever seen before and some better footage of some of those I had seen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fi8FbMHNc8Y
I prefer working alone.
Art
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Art »

Just finished watching the first link .

Just Incredible !

I'm so wasted I don't know whether I'm up to watching the second link until I've had a stiff drink ! :)

Why isn't even hearing about the achievements and interactions of people who pursue free energy simple ?

Its like a Greek Comic/Tragedy play with scenes from Shakespeare's MacBeth but without the theatre and your watching it in real life.

If I wake up with a hangover after this shecond drink , I'm holding youtube pershonally reshponsible too Dwayne.
Furcurequs
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Furcurequs »

Hey art,

It seems youtube may have had a rough week with the shooting and all, so try not to be too upset with them. Of course, though, they may to some extent be making money off of people's copyrighted works without proper compensation to the copyright holders, but anyway, I guess that's another issue.

I thought the Newman documentary was really well done, and it was nice to see so much information. It was hard to find much of anything back in the day. I remember maybe one major article in Discover magazine, if I'm not mistaken, and not much else. I was lucky if I found even a few paragraphs on him in the science news type magazines.

I'm pretty sure Newman believed he had what he claimed, but unfortunately after many decades we still don't have reliable enough information to know.

I will say that Stephen Hartmann was one of the earliest replicators that I knew about. I used to go to the library to check out his internet website as early as I could. As we can see from his video from 1987, it seems he actually had direct access to Newman and his machines. ...and yet, and as far as I can tell, after years of trying to replicate Newman devices, he's not signed off on any of them and he's searching for working devices even still.

Soon after college, probably around 1987, I had some vague ideas that I thought might work and so I believed that perhaps Newman really was on to something. I naively contacted a former college professor and he gave me the name of another electrical engineering professor who was president of the local inventor's club or something and who had some pretty impressive technological patents of his own.

I talked to him for a few minutes and he seemed rather dismissive of Newman and me, of course, but at the same time he also told me that he had read the National Bureau of Standards report on Newman's device! ...which means he had already done a better job researching Newman's claims than I had been able to do, and I had spent hours and hours looking for information!

So, don't be fooled. Even though highly educated people in the mainstream know to publicly toe the line, they can privately have as much fascination with such claims as we do.

Newman's story does seem to play as a proper tragedy, though. It sure would be a shame if he actually did have something, though we may never know.
I prefer working alone.
agor95
Addict
Addict

Post by agor95 »

I understand the perception above.

However Joseph Newman's and John C Bedini work is not lost.

Actual support by others with builds of running devices, is a mark of their success.

I trust they end their time knowing they have changed our perceptions for the good.

Has others have on this site.
[MP] Mobiles that perpetuate - external energy allowed
Art
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Art »

Interesting Utube :- "Teslas Generator Vs J Newmans Energy Machine "

By Vinyasi .

Selected Excerpts from "The Energy Machine Of Joseph Newman - 8th Edition "

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nM2LkXrUxWs