The secret behind Bessler's wheel...

A Bessler, gravity, free-energy free-for-all. Registered users can upload files, conduct polls, and more...

Moderator: scott

raj
Addict
Addict

re: The secret behind Bessler's wheel...

Post by raj »

@Gregory.
Your linkage is not correct.
When the pivot point of the cranking arm of the small wheel is at the six o'clock position as the pendulum swing downwards, the cranking arm and the pendulum must be aligned as one vertical line and straightaway its direction will be changed by the force of the rotating wheel, making the pendulum swing upwards but backwards, like a treadle mechanism.
Thank you for help.

@Mrvibrating.
You have caught on to what I am proposing with my wheel concept.
Thank you.

Raj
Keep learning till the end.
ME
Addict
Addict

Post by ME »

Oh well, here's my attempt, I think I accidentally had it mirrored.
Presented as still frames from a simulation: It acts like a pendulum.
Attachments
Raj-170723-Autogravity3.jpg
Marchello E.
-- May the force lift you up. In case it doesn't, try something else.---
Fcdriver
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Fcdriver »

It is real easy to just chase top dead center back to a new location.
raj
Addict
Addict

Post by raj »

Marchello, a BIG thank you.

Your simulation drawings are 100 % exactly as I have conceived my wheel concept mentally in my drawings.

Raj
Fcdriver
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Fcdriver »

This balances like a plump bob, not two opposing pendulums, which set a frequency? Is there suppose to be a series of these ,to create a frequency?
It might make a out of balanced wheel to appear to turn smoothly?
Fcdriver
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Fcdriver »

The secret is: there are three masses rotating around within the wheel, one works one way, another another way, the combined total makes the wheel act as if the total mass has shifted directly to the right, for clockwise, or to the left for counter clockwise rotation!

Any work done by the wheel has its own shifting set of weights, where they are balanced when not in use. These weights only shift, equal to the center mass of the work being done.
Fcdriver
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Fcdriver »

Please do not confuse this, I am not saying they rotate in different directions, they just rotate in the same direction, differently. Lifting a dropping creates a rotating mass with a center mass.
ovyyus
Addict
Addict

Post by ovyyus »

Who is plump bob?
Ed
Addict
Addict

Post by Ed »

Plump Bob. He’s the guy with four lifetimes of experience and who also has a working wheel.
Fcdriver
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Fcdriver »

rlortie
Addict
Addict

Post by rlortie »

Plumb bob:

I just spit down along side of what ever I want vertical, if the spit falls parallel I consider it plumb and nail it! This method allows for leeway if the wind is blowing.

As for pendulum's, hang two. Attache one bob to the rod with it's COM to the left and the other to the right and see what happens.

Ralph
ME
Addict
Addict

Post by ME »

Fcdriver wrote:It is real easy to just chase top dead center back to a new location.
That seems subjectively true.
Though easiness (and difficulty) distracts the eye of the spectator.
Raj wrote:Marchello, a BIG thank you.
Your simulation drawings are 100 % exactly as I have conceived my wheel concept mentally in my drawings.
Cool. You're welcome.
Fcdriver wrote:This balances like a plump bob, not two opposing pendulums, which set a frequency? Is there suppose to be a series of these ,to create a frequency?
It is a pendulum but it clearly doesn't act like Plump Bob.
Plump Bob is a self-centered tool because, as mentioned earlier, it's CoM equals it's RoG hence Plumb Bob's radius of operation determines Plump Bob's frequency (but has some complexities when going full circle). Its torque is simple and known to be τ = F x r = m·g·Sin(θ)·r

Raj's construction is interestingly only slightly more difficult than Plump Bob and it does have a frequency series on its own.
Here torque values approximate a shape as like the following series (not to scale, rounded and according to the geometry I used):
τ ~ Sin(1·θ + 138°) + Sin(3·θ + 280°)/9 + Sin(5·θ + 94°)/32 + …
We can determine zero torque to be around 46.5° and 226.5°, max. torque around 299.8° and 119.8°

Somehow I guess this was not the "frequency series" you meant...
raj
Addict
Addict

Post by raj »

@Marchello.
I have never done any computer mechanical simulation with any simulation software.

One thing I know the simulation will as good as the data you feed in.

I am so please with your kind effort to do a simulation and present static frames graphs, showing two diametrical points of low torques and two points of high torques.

Unfortunately, I am unable to come to a conclusion about what your simulation is really showing about my concept.

I would dearly love to see your complete simulation.

What have you learned more about my concept from your simulation?

Raj
ME
Addict
Addict

Post by ME »

True what you say about I/O. I think the main difficulty with any form of abstraction and interpretation...

I'm not an expert in your concept, but as mentioned, I find it interesting that the maximum velocity and (0 acceleration) does not occur at the lowest point (minimum PE, and 0 torque). At this moment I'm a bit puzzled why 0 acceleration does not happen at 0 torque - I don't think it's a mistake, hopefully it's easy to figure out.
Attachments
Raj_170723-Autogravity3_w_pendulum.gif
Marchello E.
-- May the force lift you up. In case it doesn't, try something else.---
raj
Addict
Addict

Post by raj »

@ Marchello.

What outside force have you used in your simulation?

I am continuing to understand your simulation of my concept wheel.

1. I have converted your gif image back to video.
From this video, I find your simulation wheel does only one revolution, of 0.04 sec duration.
This would give us the average speed of rotation at 25 rpm, which is close to what Bessler's wheel did.
It is nice to note that the resetting of the pendulums/bobs/weights is done back to the starting point, easily, in one revolution.

2. Zero acceleration doesn't happen at zero torque, because zero torque last only a flickering of the eye-lid, too short an interval, to show change in acceleration, as the wheel continues to turn from acquired momentum and one pendulums instantly and swiftly swing downwards helping wheel rotation.

3. Bessler's wheel needed outside force to start moving and that needed a reasonable push or pull.
If the push/pull force was not sufficient, the wheel would hardly move.
The push/pull outside force should be enough for the wheel to make one or two revolutions, before the wheel begin to pick up speed.
And this acquired speed/momentum that deny zero acceleration at zero torque.

My auto gravity wheel requires a wheel which works as a perfect flywheel, storing energy at high speed/acceleration and imparting energy to counter deceleration and low speed.

Raj
Last edited by raj on Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.