Working Models Ratchet Making Code

A Bessler, gravity, free-energy free-for-all. Registered users can upload files, conduct polls, and more...

Moderator: scott

Tinhead
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

re: Working Models Ratchet Making Code

Post by Tinhead »

Ufffffff,
thanks Ed, I ripped my brain appart trying to figure what you were talking about *laugh*. My recipe, never response before you have had your 2nd cup of coffee ;o)

Cheers,
Rainer
bluesgtr44
Devotee
Devotee

Post by bluesgtr44 »

OK, doing this one Jim_Mich's way:

Draw a polygon (3 sides) and then go to script and then geometry. copy the attachment numbers and then paste them in the box. It is a vey crude "ring"...it has done some good work for me. In the open slot...make a rectangle .515 X .4 and get the direction right and fill up that gap!

Steve

P.S. any questions...I'll do the best I can..
Finding the right solution...is usually a function of asking the right questions. -A. Einstein
bluesgtr44
Devotee
Devotee

Post by bluesgtr44 »

OK, doing this one Jim_Mich's way:

Draw a polygon (3 sides) and then go to script and then geometry. copy the attachment numbers and then paste them in the box. It is a vey crude "ring"...it has done some good work for me. In the open slot...make a rectangle .515 X .4 and get the direction right and fill up that gap!

Steve

P.S. any questions...I'll do the best I can..
Attachments
nicering2.rtf
(3.29 KiB) Downloaded 293 times
Finding the right solution...is usually a function of asking the right questions. -A. Einstein
Jonathan
Addict
Addict

Post by Jonathan »

The inside of that ring is nice Steve.
Now most of you guys are gonna love this, but those who did such a good job making ratchet codes won't: I've discovered a simple way to make rotary ratchets, in such a way that it doesn't hog time or memory.
It only requires two pieces! First make a circle, bar, or whatever you want to only go one way. I'll refer to it as Body[1]. Then attach a rod between a point on this body and a point on the background. Double click the rod, and uncheck "Active when: Always". In the dialog below that, type: "Body[1].v.r<0". This will activate the rod when the object turns cw. If it ends ">0", then the rod activates when the object turns ccw. (When the rod activates, the thing locks up and can't move).
Enjoy!
EDIT PS "Locks up" is misleading, if a force reinitiates motion in the desired direction, then it will turn.
Disclaimer: I reserve the right not to know what I'm talking about and not to mention this possibility in my posts. This disclaimer also applies to sentences I claim are quotes from anybody, including me.
bluesgtr44
Devotee
Devotee

Post by bluesgtr44 »

Dang it! Sent the one that hadn't been fixed on the out side. Well, it was the inside I was after at that point, Jonathan....tried to get the inside smooooth. Thanks! Going to try your stuff soon.

Steve