Design Status Update

A Bessler, gravity, free-energy free-for-all. Registered users can upload files, conduct polls, and more...

Moderator: scott

sleepy
Aficionado
Aficionado

re: Design Status Update

Post by sleepy »

Looking good!
You can take your time and build it well once.Or you can rush and build it poorly 5 times. I have gone both routes. Keep the future in mind and try to construct it to accommodate many builds.
Trying to turn the spinning in my brain into something useful before moving on to the next life.
daxwc
Addict
Addict

Post by daxwc »

Keep the future in mind and try to construct it to accommodate many builds.
Isn't that the truth.
What goes around, comes around.
cloud camper
Devotee
Devotee

Post by cloud camper »

Hi ST - nice sturdy build.

Did I read (or misread) in one of ME's posts that he had duplicated some of your results in simulation?
Silvertiger
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Silvertiger »

ME wrote:I don't know what ST did exactly, and that shouldn't really matter other than I hope he did something different.
This was his last post. If he has, I am not aware of it.

Thanks for all the compliments and feedback guys. :)
Philosophy is the beginning of science; not the conclusion.
ME
Addict
Addict

Post by ME »

http://www.besslerwheel.com/forum/viewt ... 891#154891
Here's an animation of my attempt: no "tricks" other than some invisible mechanism. 100 kg mass on a very low-weight lever-arm.
I still hope ST has something else.

Good luck SilverTiger.

ETA:
1. It relates to this post: http://www.besslerwheel.com/forum/viewt ... 479#154479
2. Silvertiger asked me "not to share any details". I'll respect this wish, but not indefinitely as requested.
Attachments
ST_Recreation_Attempt.gif
Last edited by ME on Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Marchello E.
-- May the force lift you up. In case it doesn't, try something else.---
cloud camper
Devotee
Devotee

Post by cloud camper »

Silvertiger
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Silvertiger »

The weight of the lever arm is not critical, but the weight that sits at the end of it is.
WaltzCee
Addict
Addict

Post by WaltzCee »

Hello Silver,

I was wondering how much weight
are you going to use for your build.

Thanks
........................¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ the future is here ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Advocate of God Almighty, maker of heaven and earth and redeemer of my soul.
Walter Clarkson
© 2023 Walter W. Clarkson, LLC
All rights reserved. Do not even quote me w/o my expressed written consent.
Silvertiger
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Silvertiger »

Took a little break. Got another job too! Anyways, the sims work but the build failed - which I fully expected. It was mostly a $200 stress test rig. It stressed EVERYTHING. Every steel bolt bent, even when I strengthened them with steel struts. The wood where each bolt was mounted flexed and cracked as well. The test seemed to indicate a real-world application would be impractical. It might make a neat rich man's toy, but if one were built strong and rigid enough to actually work, it would still break and fail fairly quickly. I just don't know of any material that could withstand an instantaneous torque shift from negative to positive with a surplus of 8,000 Ft-Lbs without shattering to pieces (1000 Lbs sitting on the end of an 8 Ft I-beam.) Sad face time... :(

Anybody here versed in strength and materials?
cloud camper
Devotee
Devotee

Post by cloud camper »

Really sorry to hear that ST - was really hoping to hear some good news.

I know how hard it is to realize an idea you've been passionate about for so long did not work out.

It is truly an amazing effect. I could not find any obvious simulator errors.

From the simulations you provided it did seem the forces generated were extreme so maybe you just need to build a much stronger ultra rigid test rig - who knows? Remember that Edison had to try hundreds of different combos before he got something to work!

It seemed to me that any flex or slop anywhere in the rig could dampen or kill the effect so maybe there is still a chance!

Lets stay in touch and good luck!
Fletcher
Addict
Addict

Post by Fletcher »

Or ... just detune the sim and the real build to less ambitious figures that hopefully will make it last a bit longer and the POP can be proven.
Silvertiger
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Silvertiger »

Fletcher: If it can't work on something small, it won't work on something big. That's basically what I was saying. What good is a POC if it constantly breaks? Yes, writing a paper explaining and proving new lever laws is cool, but I don't think it would solve this particular issue lol.

Cloud Camper: Thanks. It's ok. It wasn't built to work. I would've been surprised if it had since it was a stress test rig. I'm pretty sure it would work if everything were to remain rigid. But the payoff may be similar in the end result to transmuting lead into gold. It costs more money to do that. This may also be the case here. It may be too strenuous a design to be economically viable. Why buy a machine that would constantly break several times an hour and need replacement parts? That's what I'm seeing here. A better test rig is too expensive for me, as I would need materials like titanium and ballistics grade plastic and precision-machined parts and fabrication to yield a possible substantial result. I would also need an engineer who knows strength and materials and structural design really well.
cloud camper
Devotee
Devotee

Post by cloud camper »

OK ST, I hear what you're saying.

But if there's a chance this effect is real, it needs to be developed.

Bent, broken POP'S mean nothing in the grand scheme of things.

If the effect is real, even for a few seconds, the rest is just engineering!
Fletcher
Addict
Addict

Post by Fletcher »

Then start writing up your 3 new classes of lever ST :)

Should they prove theoretically sound (possible if not practical at this time with materials available etc) under review then you'll have made a ground breaking contribution to the mechanical sciences and reserve a place in the annals of history. Not a bad legacy tho you might want to use your real name lol.
Silvertiger
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Silvertiger »

Fletcher, are you by chance any good at structural design and building?