Miscellaneous news and views...

Moderator: scott

agor95
Addict
Addict

re: Donald Trump 2016?

Post by agor95 »

Just thinking

1. 'walk to a mountain' That takes you to the foot of the mountain.
2. 'walk on a mountain' That takes you to the summit of the mountain.
3. 'walk in a mountain' That takes you into a cave in the mountain.

T speaks and sounds original and spontaneous like someone who has not done his homework and is winging it.

Respect
[MP] Mobiles that perpetuate - external energy allowed
daxwc
Addict
Addict

Post by daxwc »

Thanks EC1;I agree. Still, I am interested in the history of the first man to push by and reports somebody opened a side door. Why was not a single security person in the rotunda? Maybe what I read is wrong reporting?
This was more than optics; you're underestimating the blind loyalty and faux patriotism of this type of American.
Agreed and witnessed it firsthand before.

What I mean't by optics was that it was mean't to be lax security so Trump hung his poltical life. Looks to me like it was achieved. He is done.
What goes around, comes around.
daxwc
Addict
Addict

Post by daxwc »

agor95:
T speaks and sounds original and spontaneous like someone who has not done his homework and is winging it.
You know I don’t think he realised the power he held in such situations. Most people learn this through a long political life and might never if you are not a populous leader. That is still no excuse for him and the speakers to lather up the crowd into a mob, although the left and right groups do it all the time it is unacceptable as the President. He should have just not conceded and bowed out gracefuly.
What goes around, comes around.
eccentrically1
Addict
Addict

Post by eccentrically1 »

"Bad optics" was given as the reason for the lax security; I pasted the relevant quotes from the article by Robert Reich in the Washington Post on the previous page. But he's right; there should be a full investigation into the chain of command. It might come out that T himself gave the Pentagon the order to stand down. One of the smoking guns is this:

"An hour and a half later, Gov. Hogan suddenly received a call “not through…the normal channels� from the Secretary of the Army asking him to deploy the Maryland Guard."

I'm sure the lax security had nothing to do with hanging t's political life. He was given enough rope to accomplish that alone.
agor95
Addict
Addict

Post by agor95 »

Can someone confirm a person found guilty of a federal offence can not vote and take office?

So let T leave and find him guilty after his fair trial.

Respect
[MP] Mobiles that perpetuate - external energy allowed
MrTim
Aficionado
Aficionado
Location: "Excellent!" Besslerwheel.com's C. Montgomery Burns

Post by MrTim »

The media was reporting the 'breach' as early as 9:30AM, hours before Trump made his alleged 'incitement' speech in the afternoon. If you believe in the media accounts, then you should also be buying all the crap offered in the commercial breaks... ;-)
"....the mechanism is so simple that even a wheel may be too small to contain it...."
"Sometimes the harder you look the better it hides." - Dilbert's garbageman
Silvertiger
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Silvertiger »

REAL news in Twenty-TwentyWON. Sit back, relax, and learn something new every day. :D

Flashpoint with Gene Bailey
WaltzCee
Addict
Addict

Post by WaltzCee »

It's funny how we went from talking about Hunter's hard drive and trips on Air Force 2 to election fraud and inciting riots.

Next thing you know will be dismissing Hillary's hard drive and talking about the Steele dossier.

That's right, we already did that. Never mind.
........................¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ the future is here ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Advocate of God Almighty, maker of heaven and earth and redeemer of my soul.
Walter Clarkson
© 2023 Walter W. Clarkson, LLC
All rights reserved. Do not even quote me w/o my expressed written consent.
Silvertiger
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Silvertiger »

WaltzCee...how about how laptops lead to impeachment? :)
ME
Addict
Addict

Post by ME »

rasselasss wrote:Li Wenliang was not a scientist he was a Doctor/Surgeon who treated diseases of the eye and surrounding area.....his disclosure of covid-19 was from other Doctors who were treating these patients ....he did not treat them...he repeated what he was told from others(a whistleblower)...he died from covid on 7th feb.2020...
Sure, you got the gist of it. Thanks for the correction.
You still confirm it as a valid answer to Daxwc's deflecting argument.
ECC1 wrote:It wasn't an attempted coup, ME called it that.
Seems to me that the suspicion of being a coup-attempt is much stronger than any argument for organized voter fraud - Giuliani (et all.) never admitted there was in court, only yelled it to "believers" outside.

One tweet from T. that Pence "didn't have the courage to do what should have been done" and the Capitol mob started to look for him while chanting.
Just some 'proud' people waving flags trying to 'convince' the senators to 'reconsider' the outcome of an officially acknowledged voter-result by offering zip-ties, automatic weapons, pipe bombs, a pickup truck full of guns, a newly erected gallow outside, and whatever...(♬ five golden rings ♬)

By the way, as with any demonstration:
Has anyone seen the aerial footage of the gathering?
Has anyone heard an official press briefing of this "event"?

In other questionnaires: how about the times that mere blowjobs led to impeachment?
Marchello E.
-- May the force lift you up. In case it doesn't, try something else.---
WaltzCee
Addict
Addict

Post by WaltzCee »

Too bad Mr. Epstein was de-platformed.

Darn cancel culture.
Walter Clarkson
eccentrically1
Addict
Addict

Post by eccentrically1 »

ME wrote:Seems to me that the suspicion of being a coup-attempt is much stronger than any argument for organized voter fraud - Giuliani (et all.) never admitted there was in court, only yelled it to "believers" outside.

One tweet from T. that Pence "didn't have the courage to do what should have been done" and the Capitol mob started to look for him while chanting.
Just some 'proud' people waving flags trying to 'convince' the senators to 'reconsider' the outcome of an officially acknowledged voter-result by offering zip-ties, automatic weapons, pipe bombs, a pickup truck full of guns, a newly erected gallow outside, and whatever...(♬ five golden rings ♬)
Yes, the arguments for organized voter fraud were used to stoke the fire. If there had been any evidence, it would have been presented in the challenges in the courts.

But rather than a coup, which has different subdivisions, this is more of an insurrection. A coup is usually thought of as the violent overthrow of an existing government. This was an attempt to overturn the result of an election of a future administration.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rebellion
Rebellion, uprising, or insurrection is a refusal of obedience or order.[1] It refers to the open resistance against the orders of an established authority.
The articles of impeachment are referring to "incitement of insurrection".

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/11/politics ... index.html
rasselasss
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by rasselasss »

I remember in 1974 Pres. Nixon resigned and Ford his V.P. took office and pardoned him all perfectly legal....If Trump takes this route and Pence agreed this would damage his credibility just like Nixon...i don't think he could ever come back from it...pardoning himself has'nt been tested...yet.
Rasselas busied himself so intensely in visionary bustle he forgot his solitude
WaltzCee
Addict
Addict

Post by WaltzCee »

I'm sure what's going to happen is things are going to keep changing, only faster. President Trump's election was a major change. Normally someone from the swamp, or the deep state, or establishment, or what ever you want to call it was next in line.

Democrats have forever been using courts as legislative bodies. Now they want to use the US Congress as a court to punish this outsider.

Impeachment is to remove a president. If President Trump is out of office and Democrats persist in this process, their motives are unmasked.
Walter Clarkson