Miscellaneous news and views...

Moderator: scott

agor95
Addict
Addict

Toy Page [B]

Post by agor95 »

Hi All

I most likely seeing what I want to see.

What angle do you get from the vertical to the right slope at B?

What angle do you get between the two sloped lines?

These are not critical to my current research.

Just doing a sanity check.

Regards
Attachments
Angles.png
Angles.png (798 Bytes) Viewed 6015 times
[MP] Mobiles that perpetuate - external energy allowed
Trev
Aficionado
Aficionado

Re: Toy Page [B]

Post by Trev »

"What angle do you get from the vertical to the right slope at B?"

45*

"What angle do you get between the two sloped lines?"

57*

That might not have been his original intention though, as we have to remember it's from a small 300+ year old woodblock print and if you blow it up you just exaggerate any errors. It looks to me like there was originally a hand holding the left slope and it's either been removed or broken off, so that might have obscured the correct angle slightly.
JUBAT
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by JUBAT »

I was always lex to believe there was supposed to be a hand holding the top of Jacobs ladder and we are seeing one of the flip flops caught in the act of flopping down. I don't think this is a magic KB 'Y' piece.

Ymmv
agor95
Addict
Addict

Post by agor95 »

Trev wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 1:00 pm "What angle do you get from the vertical to the right slope at B?"

45*

"What angle do you get between the two sloped lines?"

57*

That might not have been his original intention though, as we have to remember it's from a small 300+ year old woodblock print and if you blow it up you just exaggerate any errors. It looks to me like there was originally a hand holding the left slope and it's either been removed or broken off, so that might have obscured the correct angle slightly.
My protractor is not the best.

Thank you for your replies. I would like to get an average of several members measurements before explaining my thoughts.
If possible to one decimal place. I expect it is time to do some trigonometry.

Much Appreciated
Last edited by agor95 on Wed Apr 19, 2023 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trev
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by Trev »

On closer inspection I see 44* on right and 13* on left, still same total of 57* though.

agor95
Addict
Addict

Toy Page [B]

Post by agor95 »

Hi Trev

I printed off an enlarged image. Then placed lines down the middle of the vertical and the two slopes.

After marking a horizontal line.
I was able to get the lengths of two right angle triangles.

So with two angles at the bottom and the slopes being hypotenuse. With the horizontal as the opposite side
of these triangles.

Well I got 15.73 and 41.89 with a total 57.62.

It's just a curio that 1 radian is 57.2 degrees and that titled pendulum angle linking back to the AP Wheel 21.7.
Double that to get 43.4 which is around 41.89.

I am sure there are other odd maths links all over Blesser's clues.

Just thought I would drop this one out there.

Regards All
daxwc
Addict
Addict

Post by daxwc »

Kepler's triangle

Angle A: 90 degrees
Angle B: Approximately 57.29 degrees
Angle C: Approximately 32.71 degrees

1: 1.272: 1.618
You should be able to recognise the last ratio.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kepler_triangle
What goes around, comes around.
daxwc
Addict
Addict

Post by daxwc »

ChatGPT: The facts I provided earlier about Kepler's right triangle still apply to the "Kepler's triangle with a right angle." Here's a recap:

1: Formation: The triangle is formed by connecting the Sun, a planet, and the line segment connecting the planet to its aphelion in an elliptical orbit.

2: Right Angle: The triangle has a right angle, with the line connecting the planet to the Sun serving as the hypotenuse.

3: Angle Measurements: The angle between the line connecting the planet to the Sun (the hypotenuse) and the line connecting the planet to its aphelion (the longer leg) is approximately 57.29 degrees. The angle between the line connecting the planet to its aphelion and the line connecting the planet to the Sun's perihelion (the shorter leg) is approximately 32.71 degrees.

4: Area Relationship: Kepler's triangle is associated with Kepler's second law of planetary motion, the Law of Areas, which states that the area swept out by the line connecting the planet to the Sun is the same for equal time intervals.

5: Time Relationship: The constant rate of area sweep in Kepler's triangle is related to the planet's orbital speed. The planet moves faster when it is closer to the Sun (in the perihelion) and slower when it is farther away (in the aphelion) to maintain the constant area sweep rate.

The facts provided describe the essential characteristics and principles associated with the "Kepler's triangle with a right angle" in the context of Kepler's laws of planetary motion.
What goes around, comes around.