All the great discoveries began as heresy.

A Bessler, gravity, free-energy free-for-all. Registered users can upload files, conduct polls, and more...

Moderator: scott

ArchCalc
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

All the great discoveries began as heresy.

Post by ArchCalc »

George Bernard Shaw
gravitationallychallenged
Aficionado
Aficionado

Re: All the great discoveries began as heresy.

Post by gravitationallychallenged »

When new discoveries contradict established theories someone's reputation is going to get damaged. Some people are more concerned about being accepted by their peers than having an open mind that will honestly examine new evidence. Honest scientists don't discourage and censor scientific debate but encourage it and let the facts speak for themselves. When 'settled science' is worshipped as a religion, all contradictory evidence is discarded as heresy. Money is a huge factor in deciding what is 'settled science.' When I read a new scientific study I immediately want to know, who paid for that study and what motives may have influenced the outcome of that study? Human nature has never changed throughout the ages.
Last edited by gravitationallychallenged on Mon May 13, 2024 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
"...it is a mere question of time when men will succeed in attaching their machinery to the very wheelwork of Nature."
Nikola Tesla
Robinhood46
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Robinhood46 »

I agree GC.
I think the response to the coronavirus was a good example of all the 'not so scientific aspect of science'.
We literally got to see all the bad bits, and they were all conveniently accelerated so we could better appreciate them.
Humans will be humans, or as you say "Human nature has never changed throughout the ages".
Gegyx
Dabbler
Dabbler

Post by Gegyx »

Hello
The first example was Newton's attitude towards the Bessler wheel.
He was very interested, then detached himself from it completely.
He had a long established scientific career as a discoverer and originator of classical mechanics.
And this extraordinary wheel risked darkening it.

In his defense, he was over 70 years old, and it is not easy to get back into default.
John Collins
Addict
Addict

Post by John Collins »

But he did draw a hypothetical perpetual motion machine. So he may not have been as sceptical as we might think, but didn’t want to go down that particular rabbit hole!

JC
Read my blog at http://johncollinsnews.blogspot.com/

This is the link to Amy’s TikTok page - over 20 million views for one video! Look up amyepohl on google

See my blog at http://www.gravitywheel.com
ArchCalc
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by ArchCalc »

Just think if another working wheel was built, how it would upset Newton's laws of motion, and the four laws of thermodynamics.
Would everything have to be rewritten?
Would the person discovering how to do it again be a shoo in for the Abel Prize?
agor95
Addict
Addict

Post by agor95 »

Hello ArchCalc

I believe a working wheel will not upset Newton's laws or the current laws of thermodynamics.

It's the insight that will change in the way 'The Rattleback' required a change of understanding

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nq_ZoYr ... SMUPhysics

P.S. I know it's heresy to think such a thing.

Regards
Last edited by agor95 on Tue May 14, 2024 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
[MP] Mobiles that perpetuate - external energy allowed