Question for Scott

Miscellaneous news and views...

Moderator: scott

winkle
Devotee
Devotee

Re: re: Question for Scott

Post by winkle »

rlortie wrote: Would I hit your green after your above post? no I will not, will you hit my red for my response, Your choice. If you do and it drops me a notch, will I loose any sleep over it, no I will not, but I will consider the possible source. Ralph

Ralph

whatever i have to say will be done with my crappy typing
i don't wont to come down with button finger
the uneducated

if your gona be dumb you gota be tough

Who need drugs when you can have fatigue toxins and caffeine
scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: re: Question for Scott

Post by scott »

winkle wrote:buttons
a lot of commotion about nothing

For once I wholeheartedly agree with you, winkle. Too many people take the reputation system here far too seriously. If you'll recall, I only introduced it after *much* debate about what to do about the likes of vandugegs, who had been an unwelcome parasite here on the board for far too long.

As a means of enforcing a minimum bar of ethical conduct, and giving me the ability to ban someone without being arbitrary about it, the reputation system has worked perfectly. As Gene points out, if you show a pattern of abuse, deceit, or breaking the Terms of Use agreement in any way, I will definitley use the reputation system against you as a service to the community as a whole. Toward this end, I'm sure most would agree that the system has been quite effective and beneficial.

Beyond that though, you're absolutely right. The rep system's value is limited and mostly overblown.

-Scott
Thanks for visiting BesslerWheel.com

"Liberty is the Mother, not the Daughter of Order."
- Pierre Proudhon, 1881

"To forbid us anything is to make us have a mind for it."
- Michel de Montaigne, 1559

"So easy it seemed, once found, which yet unfound most would have thought impossible!"
- John Milton, 1667
winkle
Devotee
Devotee

re: Question for Scott

Post by winkle »

never mind
the uneducated

if your gona be dumb you gota be tough

Who need drugs when you can have fatigue toxins and caffeine