Steorn on Fox

A Bessler, gravity, free-energy free-for-all. Registered users can upload files, conduct polls, and more...

Moderator: scott

Michael
Addict
Addict

Steorn on Fox

Post by Michael »

Michael
Addict
Addict

re: Steorn on Fox

Post by Michael »

This is posted from a member on the Steorn site. I think everyone better sit up and take notice.

For those interested in the actual claims of the invention, Steorn's PCT (Patent Cooperation Treaty) patent application can be seen at http://www.wipo.int/ipdl/IPDL-IMAGES/PC ... 035419.pdf As you can see from the application, Steorn intends to seek patent protection for its invention not only in all of the major commercially important jurisdictions, but in dozens of others as well. Patent applications of this type don't come cheap. Given the controversial - if not to say blasphemous - nature of the invention and the number of jurisdictions in which patent protection is to be sought, I reckon that the costs of the application process could well exceed USD1,000,000. As you can also see from Steorn's application, there are no claims contradicting the First Law of Thermodynamics. In the US, such claims would be summarily rejected. But this doesn't matter. There is no need to claim that the invention is more than 100% efficient; one need only claim the particular structures as shown in the diagrams of the application for effective patent protection. The efficacy of the invention is not really an issue for the patent office. Whether of not the invention works is more of a commercial issue. This is why bringing in a panel of scientists and engineers makes sense. As a retired patent attorney I reckon that Steorn's patent application will be one of the most contested in patent office history. Hang in there, guys! This is going to be one hell of a fascinating ride...

Edit; it's been mentioned this patent link didn't work. It's been fixed but this was a direct quote and the file is nothing that hasn't been put up here already. I wanted to clarify in case anyone misjudges the authors relevence because Steorn has already said this patent is not the core of their technology. Personally I think this patent idea is probably the worst case or low end senario construction for their idea and they published this first to cover all of their bases and because it might be the safest thing to do, to test the waters so to speak, just my thoughts.
Michael
Addict
Addict

Post by Michael »

Steorn is getting fishier and fishier. Check out this article from May 2006.

http://archives.tcm.ie/businesspost/200 ... y14326.asp
ken_behrendt
Addict
Addict

Post by ken_behrendt »

On the surface their technological research sounds legitimate. For example, I read in the May, 2006 article:
Sean McCarthy, the cofounder and chief executive of Steorn, said the firmÂ’s products were based on the same principle as kinetic energy generators in watches. The products should be ready by the summer of 2007.
Coming up with some sort of device that, like a Seiko "Eco Drive" watch would use a user's body motion to recharge the batteries in a device like a cell phone is probably an interesting idea that an investor might want to risk some money on.

However, I think it very easy to cross the line from such useful technological innovations into the gray area of obtaining investor capital to develop various "free energy" devices. Of course, if the investors are informed, in advance, what their funds were being spent on and that there was an extremely high probability that all of their investments would be lost, then I guess even that would be acceptable.

But, any company that is seeking research funding for the development of a free energy device should keep the investors fully and promptly informed of what progress, if any, is being made and making overly optimistic predictions should be avoided.

ken
On 7/6/06, I found, in any overbalanced gravity wheel with rotation rate, ω, axle to CG distance d, and CG dip angle φ, the average vertical velocity of its drive weights is downward and given by:

Vaver = -2(√2)πdωcosφ
Michael
Addict
Addict

Post by Michael »

Ken it seems fishy because they are always contradicting themselves. The current tagline is they discovered the effect by trying to make more efficient wind turbine motors for atm machines and it was suppose to have been discovered close to three years ago. They claim they spend over 2.5 million developing it. The article sites the 2.5 million but the developement senario is different.
Joel Wright
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Joel Wright »

Wind turbine powered ATM machines?Makes me wonder where in the hell there located?
Work with gravity and gravity will work for you.There are more than two sides to a wheel.
coylo

Post by coylo »

Wind turbine powered ATM machines?Makes me wonder where in the hell there located?
No, that's wind powered security cameras (independent power supply) at ATM machines to catch crooks scamming the system.
ken_behrendt
Addict
Addict

Post by ken_behrendt »

Joel Wright wrote:
No, Joel, the ATM machines were not wind turbine powered. The company was involved with security for ATM machines and came up with a way of catching creeps who like to steal card holders information so that they can empty their accounts and be on their way. The system involved multiple camera monitoring of the ATM machine and the company came up with both miniaturized solar and wind powered generators to power the cameras in the event that a crook disabled the power to the ATM machine or there was some sort of power blackout at the local of the machine.

I am not sure what to think about this company. On several levels, they do sound legitimate. Well, time will tell. IF they do, in fact, have OU generators, then we will eventually see them mentioned in the news. If NOT, then the story, like all others before it, will fade of into the dim mists of free energy "history"...

ken
On 7/6/06, I found, in any overbalanced gravity wheel with rotation rate, ω, axle to CG distance d, and CG dip angle φ, the average vertical velocity of its drive weights is downward and given by:

Vaver = -2(√2)πdωcosφ
PIMAN
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by PIMAN »

Well I read about this over a week ago, and my gut reaction was to forward the link to nobody. I'm not sure why this is so, but I got the notion that this is really just web development/marketing students who have put their class project on the internet. Notice the silly counters and the fact that they update in real time if you enter an e-mail. Also, I find the 'public forum' a bit telling since the 'public' apparently must register to post a comment. How exactly does one go about choosing the 12 "best" scientists to critique the claim? I hope this does not involve a swimsuit competition. E-ghad! In addition, there is a poll on the front page as to whether the science community should accept "The Challenge". Huh? This is pretty stupid, wouldn't you agree? It's like asking if a man stranded in the desert should accept "The Water". Whoa! I'm not done yet... How is it that these bozos have the time to repeatedly post reply's (in person) to mindless forum babble and they are still able to solve all of the world's energy problems. Wow! They bring home the bacon AND fry it up in the pan! According to the patent, all you need is a Tic-Tac and a gutted out Pez dispenser. Boy, am I ever kicking myself. Ok, now I'm done.

I should like to summarize with a rhetorical question....

Cacti?

Fox, I want to believe, really.

As for Steorn, I give them a B+ for the site and the right to remain silent for the fraud. I hope to be made the fool for writing this, though. That's the truth.

PIMAN
The Sky is the Limit
KAS
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by KAS »

Ok, IÂ’ve read the blarb on the website. I feel I know the inventors personally and now (FWIW) I am ready to give my two pence worth on this subject.

Firstly, the money!

If the figures are correct, this is either going to be the most expensive investment scam attempt in history or a display of confidence in their invention so high that it can only mean that they already have a working prototype.
The stakes are very, very high here. If this goes pear shaped, they will be laughed at for the rest of their broke and disgraced lives and it will undoubtedly spawn a new generation of Irish jokes.
My guess is that the latter is the most likely scenario which means they think they have truly discovered the unthinkable - PERPETUAL MOTION.

Perpetual Motion
My opinion on the feasibility of perpetual motion is straightforward. Every ounce of my sole believes that PM is impossible in the sense that a device could work using the energy produced by its own parts. – It can’t be done! I’ll say it again, it simply can’t be done!!!
They appear to have discovered an oscillation in a swinging magnet which is measurable and appear to show some positive over unity results. If this is all theyÂ’ve got without a working prototype then I think they are in deep sh*t
There are errors abound in mathematics that is performed by a human.
How many of us on this forum have designed a scenario that showed positive calculations only later to discover that one vital mathematical component was missing?

I know what you thinking. If I firmly believe that PM is impossible, why do I regularly submit designs and concepts and join in with the discussions on this forum?

IMO Bessler did not discover PM despite what his witnesses say. He discovered a method for converting gravitational energy into useful work. This is where I come in.
I donÂ’t believe that the current laws of thermodynamics and conservation of energy take into consideration the ability to fool the effect of gravity into producing clean energy.
And when (as I believe) a gravity powered (not PM) method is discovered it will be a major turn around in current thinking.

As for Steorn, well if you have discovered PM, I will be astounded beyond belief and take back everything with shame. You will also be elevated to scientific deities in my eyes. So, best of luck Steorn, Your going to need it!

Kas
“We have no right to assume that any physical laws exist, or if they have existed up until now, that they will continue to exist in a similar manner in the future.�

Quote By Max Planck father of Quantum physics 1858 - 1947
Michael
Addict
Addict

Post by Michael »

Steorn hoax is for a reality t.v. show? Just an idea.
Jon J Hutton
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by Jon J Hutton »

I hope it is for real, then maybe we can get back to 1914 when the country was on its way to electic energy instead of taking the fork in the road which lead ( or should I say, where we were pushed ) to fossil fuels.
ken_behrendt
Addict
Addict

Post by ken_behrendt »

KAS wrote:
IMO Bessler did not discover PM despite what his witnesses say. He discovered a method for converting gravitational energy into useful work.
This is basically what I've been saying for years. The problem is that it is not possible to get any energy out of a gravity field unless the field is allowed to move some part with mass. Once that happens, the part will lose a minute amount of its mass which will, via its interaction with the gravity field, be converted into kinetic energy that accelerates the part downward.

A gravity wheel can only continuously run so long as its working parts have some mass and as long as there is a gravity field present. If either of these critical elements is removed, then the wheel will stop. Even if the gravity field remains constant for billions of years, eventually, a turning wheel will exhaust the mass content of its working parts and MUST come to a stop. Billions of years is certainly a long time compared to the average lifespan of a human being...but it is not eternity.

ken

Vaver = -2(√2)πdωcosφ
Jetrix
Dabbler
Dabbler

Post by Jetrix »

They have over 50000 registered users and their email addresses... I wonder if those addresses are worth anything since all the registered are more or less interested in technology...
Michael
Addict
Addict

Post by Michael »

Hey Coylo,
Are you coyotech on the Steorn forum? Is that picture in your avatar you?