Kinetic energy

A Bessler, gravity, free-energy free-for-all. Registered users can upload files, conduct polls, and more...

Moderator: scott

LustInBlack
Devotee
Devotee

Kinetic energy

Post by LustInBlack »

Ok, what happens when you have 2 objects .

1 of 10 lbs
1 of 0.1 lbs

They are linked together.
I put them at say 9 o'clock, let them fall, when they reach 6 o'clock, the 10 lbs one will unlink from the 0.1 lbs.

What happens to the kinetic energy of those 2 !? .

Is it splitted in half or is it conserved ?!
BootCamp
Dabbler
Dabbler

re: Kinetic energy

Post by BootCamp »

Hello LustInBlack.

Kinetic energy is based on mass. When the weights are seperated at 6 o'clock each mass has a portion of the total energy based on their proportion of the total mass. The lesser mass will have 1/101 and the 10 pound weight will have 100/101.

At 6 o'clock that energy will transition into momentum. It will be working against gravity. The lesser weight will need less momentum to reach the same level as the 10 pound weight. They will reach the same level.

Hope that helps.

BC
hassan
Dabbler
Dabbler

Post by hassan »

To add the BootCamp,you just will be interested in the energy which you expended to set the system.

Thanks..
LustInBlack
Devotee
Devotee

Post by LustInBlack »

Ok, well what I want to do is that .

Let go a pendulum at 10 o'clock, let it knock other weights during it's descent, but those weight must take 100% of the kinetic energy of the pendulum ..

I wonder if that is possible.
hassan
Dabbler
Dabbler

Post by hassan »

I think it is impossible.Because the knocks during its descent aren't perfect.They aren't elastic collusion.The conservation of kinetic energy is only possible with elastic collision.
BootCamp
Dabbler
Dabbler

Post by BootCamp »

Put these around a wheel?

BC
LustInBlack
Devotee
Devotee

Post by LustInBlack »

Boot, quite similar, but different, I don't want the last ball to swing alone, I want all balls to swing, even the one that knocked the bunch .
hassan
Dabbler
Dabbler

Post by hassan »

A nice idea LustInBlack.When I first tried to imagine your idea,it came like a bunch of molecules of gas in a chamber.They collide with each other and also each molecule vibrates.On the other hand,if we analyses the system,we can say that because of not being elastic collusion,each molecule loses energy at a result of every collusion.And they vibrate because of their heat.And they just can vibrate forever if they are in an adiabatic-calorimeter.On the other hand it loses heat and of course each molecules vibrates.In the chamber thermodynamics laws work,and for the weights,law of conservation of momentum works.Maybe if you have an idea like an adiabatic-calorimeter for the weights,we can talk on.

Thanks..
LustInBlack
Devotee
Devotee

Post by LustInBlack »

Hassan, I am not familiar with heat/gas chamber, however I am interested in learning more about it and the relation with my idea..

I have an idea, that I simulated and it worked.
However, the simulation is not mechanical, I've coded the mech. Which is surely the reason why it's working, however, if I find the answer to my question, the result is a working wheel .

I can't really tell how I simulated it, because it will reveal the idea, which is very simple..

But I only told the simulation to change the weight of an object when it passes at a certain point on the wheel [in reality, the weight would change + or -, because it would latch a weight on the component or release it].. I did keep it logical, it doesn't violate common sense, in that it doesn't cheat, if an actual mech was found, that do the same thing, it would work .. I found a mech, that latches and release.. But it doesn't work, due to slack tolerance and also because I didn't implement it correctly..

So I seek for something that already exists and act that way ..
: Kick the bunch of ball and all balls linked together shift to the right..
Bessler007
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by Bessler007 »

But I only told the simulation to change the weight of an object when it passes at a certain point
?^1,000,000,000

☯
LustInBlack
Devotee
Devotee

Post by LustInBlack »

Yeah same thing here.

Can you express yourself in any language that could provide some form of question that is understandable?

I just coded a script that change the weight of an object when it crosses an X coord.. simple ..

If your comment is offensive, I don't even want a reply from you (I specifically specified that it's NOT the way to simulate something).