New gravity-magnetic fulcrum seems to work in WM2D

A Bessler, gravity, free-energy free-for-all. Registered users can upload files, conduct polls, and more...

Moderator: scott

hartiberlin
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

New gravity-magnetic fulcrum seems to work in WM2D

Post by hartiberlin »

Have a look at this.
It seems to work at least in WM2D:

http://www.overunity.com/index.php/topi ... l#msg14976
Bessler007
Aficionado
Aficionado

re: New gravity-magnetic fulcrum seems to work in WM2D

Post by Bessler007 »

It looks like a variation of the magnetic pendulum. The momentum the pendulum has when its close to it's lowest point pushes through a magnetic field. When the pendulum is on the other side of the field, the field repells the pendulum up hill.

This seems to vary in two ways. One of them is the wheel on the left. In part it converts the swing into circular motion. Since it uses magnetics it would be argued they are the energy input of the system.

I would call it a self sustaining pendulum if frictions are set realistically. If frictions aren't real it's another idea that works in a simulation that can't be built. It is neat.

☯
Jetrix
Dabbler
Dabbler

Post by Jetrix »

Another example of how much you can rely on WM2D...
LustInBlack
Devotee
Devotee

Post by LustInBlack »

Wm2d can't be trust for magnetic simulations.
rlortie
Addict
Addict

Post by rlortie »

What Happened to the sim or gif on the link? First it was there and then the link was changed to another web site. Now it appears to have disappeared completely. How do you open the darn thing?

EDIT: Just tried again, and now I cannot open;
http://www.overunity.com/index.php/topi ... l#msg14976

Ralph
Last edited by rlortie on Fri Oct 20, 2006 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LustInBlack
Devotee
Devotee

Post by LustInBlack »

It works for me. You need to be logged on overunity to see the attached images.

Or you need to remove the spywares on your computer.. ;]
rlortie
Addict
Addict

Post by rlortie »

LIB,

If I could get the darn link to open, then I would be more that happy to log on.:-)

I did not have any problem the first time, I should have saved it to my documents then.

Ralph
LustInBlack
Devotee
Devotee

Post by LustInBlack »

Well try this, go manually on www.overunity.com
and search that topic :

"Gravity magnetic lever" wheel working in WM2D (could this work in reality!)"
jim_mich
Addict
Addict

Post by jim_mich »

Ralph, I have the same problem with the overunity web site. It stalls out when loading then sometimes I get an error and what has already loaded disappears and I get an error message page. I just hit the refresh button and on the second or third try it usually finally loads. I think the page has advertisments that are programmed to load first and when my PC-Cillin blocks them then my browser gets confused. But I could be wrong. I seldom visit overunity anymore because it's a pain trying to get it to load on my slow dialup connection.

Bessler007
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by Bessler007 »

The animation works for me whether I'm logged in or not. I need to be logged in to view the gifs.

☯
Attachments
Mag Lev.JPG
rlortie
Addict
Addict

Post by rlortie »

Jim_Mich

I have been a member of over-unity.com since it's beginning. Just never used it much since the new format.

If you think it was slow on dial-up, my DSL could not load it either.

I re-registered with the same profile and password. It did of course tell me that that name and password were already in use. I then hit "Home page" and it opened up for me. I then added a shortcut to desktop. I do not know what happened but I can now access it as quick as besslerwheel.com and my pop-up blocker is working just fine.

Any way I now see that the .gif has been added as an insert, so that solves all the problems.

Thanks for the input!

Ralph
hartiberlin
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by hartiberlin »

Hi All,
it is this one:

I have just changed a few things on overunity.com
to make the adsmore compatible with different browsers.

Otherwise use IE 6.x SP1 with the latest updates
or Firefox 1.5.0.7

Many thanks.

Regards, Stefan.

P.S:What does WM2D do with magnet simulations ?
Why can´t it be trusted in this case ?
Attachments
gravity_magnet_fulcrum.gif
rlortie
Addict
Addict

Post by rlortie »

Stefan,

Yes that is the one, Thank you for posting it here.

I am very surprised that Eric's group, "minatowheel.com" is not jumping all over this. They must all be asleep as I have heard nothing from that forum for some time.

This is a good one for the Flying Dutchman to pick up on.
http://www.fdp.nu/default_cached.html

I will be adding this to my deck of cards, when the fancy strikes me I will dig out some expensive magnets and give it a go!

Ralph
ken_behrendt
Addict
Addict

Post by ken_behrendt »

Stefan asked:
What does WM2D do with magnet simulations ?
Why can´t it be trusted in this case ?
Actually, WM2D can do a fairly realistic simulation of the interaction between two magnets. To simulate magnets, simply turn on the Electrostatics by left clicking World>Electrostatics>On. Once this is done all of the parts in one's assembly will acquire the same polarity of electrostatic charge. One must then open the Properties windows for the various parts one wants not to behave like a magnet and set their charge to zero.

Let's say that one then has two parts that are to function as magnets. Highlight those parts and give them equal electrostatic charges of opposite polarity if they are to attract and opposite polarity if they are to repel. Assuming that you've selected electrostatic units of statcoulombs on your Numbers and Units window, then you will have to experiment with magnitudes of charge until you get the degree of "magnetic" interaction you want. Generally, for models on the scale of a foot or so, I've found that values of several hundred statcoulombs work well.

Of course, all of the fake magnets you make this way will always attract or repel each other whereas in the real world two magnets can both attract and repel each other based on the orientation of their pole faces with respect to each other. To simulate a real magnet more accurately, one can make each pole face of opposite magnetic polarity with oppositely electrostatically charged parts and then pin the parts to a third electrostatically neutral piece to keep them at a constant distance and orientation from each other.

I think late last year I made a variety of magnetic Minato wheel type designs in an effort to see if I could get some continuous motion out of such a device. No way! Those models convinced me of the extreme difficulty of using magnetic fields to achieve continuous motion and, finally, turned me into a die hard gravity man.

I even came up with a few interesting "rocking beam" type magnetic motors, but none of them was workable. Below is a sample.

ken
Attachments
Ahhh...if only it was so simple...
Ahhh...if only it was so simple...
On 7/6/06, I found, in any overbalanced gravity wheel with rotation rate, ω, axle to CG distance d, and CG dip angle φ, the average vertical velocity of its drive weights is downward and given by:

Vaver = -2(√2)πdωcosφ
LustInBlack
Devotee
Devotee

Post by LustInBlack »

Personnally, I was saying WM2D can't be trusted for magnetic simulation, based on the fact that it can be barely trusted to simulate physical world accurately if you are not careful (Exploding models, strange collisions etc).. ;]

But using it correctly can lead to success .. Ken seems to know more than me about magnets, so I think someone with the knowledge can simulate a magnet correctly.