WM2D

A Bessler, gravity, free-energy free-for-all. Registered users can upload files, conduct polls, and more...

Moderator: scott

jim_mich
Addict
Addict

re: WM2D

Post by jim_mich »

Is this what you want? Modify the "Active when" to read 'Body[139].v.r < Body[160].v.r' so that the pendulum only turns the wheel when the pendulum's gear swings CCW relative to the second gear. For reference Body[139] and Body[160] are the two circles that this Gear[171] is attached to.

WM2D hint: An easy way to find how to write a formula is to use the Measure button and then look at the equation that is in the properties of window of the graph.

Attachments
WM2D one way clutch formula.
WM2D one way clutch formula.
Gregory
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by Gregory »

Thanks!

It is almost good. The only problem, that it does not have the freewheel effect the real clutch model have. After the pendulum turned the wheel and the gear go off, unlike in the real clutch model the wheel does not rotate towards just suddenly freezes into position. Otherwise it would be good, if I could solve this...
graham
Devotee
Devotee

Post by graham »

I've got a question regarding setting the speed of a "motor".

What I want to do is have the motor speed increase in steps.
I want to have it start at "0 deg/sec" then increase in 1sec steps to 5, 10, 15 , 20, 25, and so on, increasing by 5 deg per sec every sec up to about "50 deg per sec".

My lack of expertise with wm2d gets in the way unfortunately and so I am hoping someone can show me the way.

Thanks.
Graham
jim_mich
Addict
Addict

Post by jim_mich »

Graham, open the properties window for the motor. Set the motor type to velocity and enter the following formula for the value:

ceil(t)*5

This math function truncates the time value (seconds) into whole values. If you want a smooth speed up then just use t*5 without the ceiling function.

This will continually increase, so you probably want it to free wheel after 10 seconds (50 º/sec) so set the motor's Active when formula to t<10.

graham
Devotee
Devotee

Post by graham »

Thankyou Jim, I guessed it would be you who had the answer.

I Have an idea to eliminate "back torque" when using springs to restore a weight. I need to simulate "acceleration" and observe resultant force vectors.

If wm2d gives me the results I'm looking for I might even try a
physical build.
Thanks again.

Graham
axel
Aficionado
Aficionado

Re: re: WM2D

Post by axel »

I'm sure tired of using the demo. Most times it explodes or there's some other hangup I wish I could go back to a point before.
jim_mich wrote:Nenamas,

The demo has a Licensing window (under the Help button) where you must enter a valid serial number to change the demo into a fully functioning program. After downloading you will get a follow-up email from a MSC.Software Sales and Marketing representative. To buy the program you would need to contact that sales person. The price is quite high. The demo will never ask you to buy the program and doesn't have a time limit. It won't save or load the models you make unless you enter a valid serial number.

broli
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by broli »

Wm2d is one of the few software out there that still has an astronomical price for what it does. The most expensive ones I was used to were 3d software. But that's no exception since they are used professionally in multi million businesses on a daily basis. They even have different plans going from small businesses to recreational versions that cost a fraction of the full commercial price. Design Simulation would earn more money if it had a recreational plan that had a sub 100$ price tag. People are pirating it anyway.
bluesgtr44
Devotee
Devotee

Post by bluesgtr44 »

Hey Broli....at work for the time being. Probably be tomorrow before I can load them up, I'll put them here.

Steve
Finding the right solution...is usually a function of asking the right questions. -A. Einstein
bluesgtr44
Devotee
Devotee

Post by bluesgtr44 »

Hey Broli, here's one for that reciprocator. I have many of these that I messed with at the time. Patrick was the one who came up with the idea as far as I know. It shouldn't keep going like this, but it does......

Steve
Attachments
reciprocator_base7.wm2d
(9.44 KiB) Downloaded 263 times
Finding the right solution...is usually a function of asking the right questions. -A. Einstein
bluesgtr44
Devotee
Devotee

Post by bluesgtr44 »

Broli....took me awhile to find the other one. I had renamed it and forgot what I had called it....a mind is a terrible thing! oh......to waste! to waste! A mind is a terrible thing to waste! The thing I really like about this one, is that the axis of the weights are always offset to one side. That's pretty much how I see the (+1) scenario I mention a good bit. I had to slow down the action to get rid of the reaction forces and thus the big ass flywheel on the side. Have fun!

Steve
Attachments
innerredeaux.wm2d
(28.03 KiB) Downloaded 277 times
broli
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by broli »

what makes you think the first one would react differently in a real setup. It has the amazing ability to stabilize itself and maintain a constant speed regardless of any drag that's applied. Just to be sure I rebuild it using my own "standards" and it still ran.
bluesgtr44
Devotee
Devotee

Post by bluesgtr44 »

what makes you think the first one would react differently in a real setup. It has the amazing ability to stabilize itself and maintain a constant speed regardless of any drag that's applied. Just to be sure I rebuild it using my own "standards" and it still ran.
I have applied a load and it doesn't maintain. So, I'm not sure how you're applying the drag.....I have used the motor function on a very low setting going in the opposite direction and it's a no go....even with the kick start, it dies down. I also geared to another device with a pretty good ratio difference and put a very low value weight on the ascending side and it dies out....does not sustain. The only way I get it to work is with no load. I can do a direct gear ratio 1:1 with a weight and it will maintain with a lope....but the weight is applying itself for half of the trip and then detracting for the other half so it balances out. You just get a bumpy cycle....

Steve
broli
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by broli »

Oke I've been playing with it for a bit now and can confirm there's a glitch. It has something to do with the air resistance. Switching it on keeps the thing spinning for a reason. Most kind of drags stop it, but once you apply air resistance they don't matter since it keeps going and going. Hmmm.
ectropy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by ectropy »

A force applied to a piston in a cylinder compressing the air within, which volume of air must be exhausted to 2nd cylinder and in turn apply a force to the 2nd piston. The said force is not constant. Is it pssible to simulate/emulate this feature in WM2D?
bluesgtr44
Devotee
Devotee

Post by bluesgtr44 »

Hey Broli.....yep, try the ball trick inside the circle...it really goes crazy!

Steve