Peter Lindemann

A Bessler, gravity, free-energy free-for-all. Registered users can upload files, conduct polls, and more...

Moderator: scott

Fletcher
Addict
Addict

re: Peter Lindemann

Post by Fletcher »

Hi Graham .. it's not always easy to see in the minds eye how things will interact & net out & I must confess I was talking in generalist terms about all theories that shift masses to different radii & only use gravity or a by-product of gravity for that shifting force - momentum will be conserved, so no useful energy can be bled from these systems, IMO.

As far as Peter Lindemann's wheel mechanisms go I hadn't given it any thought really - everybody else who posted earlier had covered its short fallings pretty well imo - it has no chance of working & a quick build would prove that & ralph already tried the basic principle in question there - to summarize as soon as the wheel is moving CW the pendulum will swing for sure, but at the same time the pivot will follow a downward arc getting lower & moving away from the direction of swing - this effectively de-powers the swing & it stops prematurely compared to a static pendulum pivot - so it has little chance of getting to the spring let alone compressing it enough to overcome CF's & move it back in again later - & as CF's get larger [if the wheel is spun up] then it initially helps the repositioning but hinders the resetting to a closer orbit later.
graham
Devotee
Devotee

Post by graham »

Thanks again Fletcher.
How's the Summer in N Z ? It's bloody cold here in Connecticut !! I sometimes wonder why I live here .

By the way when I see your name I can't help but think about that famous tale of the "Mutiny on the Bounty"
Just thought I'd tell ya :-)

Graham
ruggerodk
Devotee
Devotee

Post by ruggerodk »

Thanks for a wonderful explanation Fletcher...though I don't have a clue what you are talking about LOL

Anyway - from your last call:
so it has little chance of getting to the spring let alone compressing it enough to overcome CF's & move it back in again later - & as CF's get larger [if the wheel is spun up] then it initially helps the repositioning but hinders the resetting to a closer orbit later.
I hear you say, that a lot of Besslers MT drawings based on falling weight displacement on a rotating wheel, will not work due to the CF force are preventing the weight's displacement...?

regards
ruggero ;-)
Contradictions do not exist.
Whenever you think you are facing a contradiction, check your premises.
You will find that one of them is wrong. - Ayn Rand -
Fletcher
Addict
Addict

Post by Fletcher »

Graham .. been a fantastic summer [one like this every decade I reckon] - continuously fine & hot - the large highs just keep coming across from Auzzy - ~26-27 degrees C since september & should continue till mid may.

My Christian name is fletcher ;) A lot of his descendents with variations of those names live on Pitcairn Island, still a fair distance from NZ, & a protectorate - no relation whatsoever - I like bounty rum occasionally when I'm in fiji & over there I was surprised to find that the main straight between the two big islands was called the 'bligh strait' as that was where that scoundrel fletcher christian set him adrift before heading to Pitcairn, lol.
graham
Devotee
Devotee

Post by graham »

Keeping this thread well off topic Fletcher, I have to say that New Zealand seems to have an "ideal climate" pretty much year round.
Do you know why the country is called New Zealand ?

What's new about it?
Years ago my sister took a trip there to visit her husbands sister. I Don't remember exactly where in N Z but she did say she thought it a beautiful country but the people there did talk with a funny accent. LOL

Graham
Fletcher
Addict
Addict

Post by Fletcher »

It is well off topic Graham - the climates generally temperate ~12 - 27 degrees C with exceptions each end of the range in season & depending on coastal or inland locality - where I live it usually rains quite a lot which can be a bummer, the lawns always need mowing.

It's called New Zealand because it was discovered by a dutchman called Able Tasman & one of our major parks is named after him - it wasn't spelt that way originally & was later changed to the English equivalent when captain cook re-discovered it for england about the same time the french were here also trying to claim it [circa 1769] - the english won out & colonised - the local indigenous Maori people [polynesians] had already been here for 600 years & today make up about 15% of the population.

Interestingly a native tree 'Pohutukawa' was found in an old spanish town square a few years ago that was dna tested & carbon dated to be around 600 years old & spanish helmets are uncovered in sand dunes occasionally - that would mean that the spanish got here a lot earlier - history is the propaganda of the victorious.
graham
Devotee
Devotee

Post by graham »

the climates generally temperate ~12 - 27 degrees C
That is VERY mild , you probably don't even need antifreeze in the old jalopy.
No need for air conditioning in the summer and practically no need for heat in winter !! Feeling chilly ? Just light a candle !!

It sounds like a paradise , a heaven on Earth.

Do you need an Apprentice wheel maker?/

Graham
Fletcher
Addict
Addict

Post by Fletcher »

No need for antifreeze unless you live up in the mountains - air conditioning & winter heating optional lol - I tell my wife we only need a fire every second night in winter - don't need one the night I cut the fire wood ;)

Do I need an apprentice wheelmaker ? I'd need a good idea to build first & then you'd have to be able to understand my accent - we sound a lot like Australian's only less feral *grin*.
ovyyus
Addict
Addict

Post by ovyyus »

I heard that Fletch :D At least we aren't confused when someone says 'six' - lol
ssmyser
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by ssmyser »

Lindemann obviously put a lot of time and effort into this design, and alot of the pieces seem to fit, although I too believe it is a non-runner. Isn't it worth a try in 'working model'? Just to be sure? I would do it myself, but I don't have the full version. I'm seeing a slight positive on the right side even taking the pendulums' changing pivot point into account. However, the re-latch at position 5 seems "overly-optimistic" and that will probably be the killer. I just want to be sure, before we dismiss this. And no, a build is out of the question (for me at least), it's 13 degrees outside right now.
greendoor
Devotee
Devotee

Re: re: Peter Lindemann

Post by greendoor »

ovyyus wrote:I heard that Fletch :D At least we aren't confused when someone says 'six' - lol
he he ... i'ts sex-o'clock right now as I post this ...

@ anyone interested: i'm in the South Island of New Zealand, and sadly we do need antifreeze in the winter down here. New Zealand is a great place because you can find all the extremes in a single day ... literally you could get frost bitten snow sking down a mountain, and then get sunburnt surfing at the beach, on the same day. It's not densly populated, and hence it's a mecca for film makers (e.g. Lord of the rings etc).

We need gravity wheels here too ...
Anything not related to elephants is irrelephant.
AB Hammer
Addict
Addict

Post by AB Hammer »

Greetings All

Alone got back with me and we have agreed to show this wheel. To look at it from a glance, it looks like it should run, but of course is does not. One of the neatest ideas was the slide weights, which shifted in and out.
Attachments
S2010038.JPG
"Our education can be the limitation to our imagination, and our dreams"

So With out a dream, there is no vision.

Old and future wheel videos
https://www.youtube.com/user/ABthehammer/videos

Alan
pstroud
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by pstroud »

Hi Alan!

Thanks for sharing the picture of your test wheel. I've been analyzing it and have a thought. More downward force may be gained if "stops" were used when the weights shift on the descending side. if both the driver and shifter weights were to hit a stop right before their final resting place, it would change the position where the weigh is applied.

Its just a thought. But then again, from all of the physical testing that I have done, everything that looked like it would work didn't and this thought will probably balance as well.

Preston
AB Hammer
Addict
Addict

Post by AB Hammer »

Greeting Preston

I will post more on the other sight.
Alone
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Alone »

Alan,

I am almost sure that you are not far from solution with your « walker » idea.
Remember that Bessler was inspired by a spit motor in an inn.
I have search all the spit motors used in the XVI and XVII centuries.
The one that stroked my mind was a hamster cage!...
I think that Bessler replaced the hamster by weights.

Alone