Question for Jim.

a. the intentional perversion of truth; b. an act of deceiving or misrepresenting

Moderator: scott

Michael
Addict
Addict

Question for Jim.

Post by Michael »

Hi Jim. You live in Michigan, any truth to any of this?
http://www.cbc.ca/dragonsden/video.html?955634032

I saw it on T.V. last week
meChANical Man.
--------------------
"All things move according to the whims of the great magnet"; Hunter S. Thompson.
DrWhat
Addict
Addict

Post by DrWhat »

jim_mich
Addict
Addict

Post by jim_mich »

I first heard about Magna Coaster a few month ago when Richard Willis joined InventorEd.org (an inventors email list server). The members there basicaly told him to take a hike because they thought he was a fraud since his invention seems to be a perpetual motion type machine. His website (http://www.vorktex.ca/home) doesn't tell much. As far as I can figure out his machine uses a battery to switch magnets on and off to produce electricity then uses the output to recharge the battery with extra power left over. This in much like Bedini's motor/generators. It seems that rather than wait around for others decide if it works or not he is just forging ahead by building units that do work and is now setting up manufacturing plants.

It seems that his initial units produce low voltage. It would seem better if he produced a unit that puts out normal household line voltage.

I'm taking a 'wait and see' stance.

PS. I'm down in beautiful WARM North Carolina for a few days.

Jim_Mich
Michael
Addict
Addict

re: Question for Jim.

Post by Michael »

I was wondering if you heard anything to his claims about getting something going with the state of Michigan.
meChANical Man.
--------------------
"All things move according to the whims of the great magnet"; Hunter S. Thompson.
ovyyus
Addict
Addict

re: Question for Jim.

Post by ovyyus »

The voltages are low because he seems to have designed his setup to fit in with existing low voltage renewable energy systems, ie; wind, solar, etc.

Of course, when the batteries in his device stay fully charged, while it remains connected to a renewable energy system, he will claim that as proof that his system works - even though the sun keeps shining and the wind keeps blowing ;)
greendoor
Devotee
Devotee

Post by greendoor »

Judging from his website, I wouldn't be surprised to learn he goes to jail fairly soon ...

If he's genuine, it's shame his website is so illiterate and his communication/PR/marketing skills are so dodgy.

It certainly seems like a Bedini/Tesla type of thing, but it isn't decribed very well at all. No claims of overunity are made, so I don't know what to make of this. I can't see anyone actually ordering a unit on the basis of that website ...

Maybe it is simply a voltage regulator? So that when photovoltaic cell voltage falls off, it maintains voltage?? There might be a small gain in that ... increased efficiency, rather than overunity ...

This is why i'm more interested in gravity wheels ... harder to fake than electric or magnetic stuff.