Another really dumb Poponov question...

A Bessler, gravity, free-energy free-for-all. Registered users can upload files, conduct polls, and more...

Moderator: scott

nicbordeaux
Addict
Addict

Another really dumb Poponov question...

Post by nicbordeaux »

Starting from the beginning we're not missing much to attain "100% efficiency" from letting a weighted wheel spin vertically from standstill ( first part of http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=182feHKEB7U )

So, we have Bessler Wheels, Magic Wheels http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magic_wheel , and now maybe a Poponov wheel.

The Poponov wheel illustrated (hopefully) below is a wheel with one fixed weight as per vid (actually, that is a magnet, two opposing polarities fixed onto metal plate, don't ask me why), and one sliding weight. Reposition that sliding weight if you want. Have it as a tube half full of water or SAE 40 even. Stick it on the other side of the rim (facing outwards) if that's better, Poponov doesn't care remotely. Try different proportions of weight between sliding and fixed. Try and control rate of slide by a bungee strap, anything.

Question is, all these hinged wheels, contraptions with multiple sliding weights (the building of which I really admire), they ain't working. Poponov doesn't believe in infinitely adding more complexity to a system because it don't work. It kind of gives Poponov a headache.

So, to the dumb question : why wouldn't a design like that work ? Is it the "jolts" and shocks slowing things down ? Is the weight translation not happening fast enough ?

And now for a not so dumb question : if this type of contrpation isn't working, and it isn't or we'd have heard about it by now, who can try different variables as described, describe excatly why it's not working, and from there see what sppeds etc would be necessary to make it work. And just build one ?
Attachments
Poponov wheel
Poponov wheel
If you think you have an overunity device, think again, there is no such thing. You might just possibly have an unexpectedly efficient device. In which case you will be abducted by MIB and threatened by aliens.
laikkis
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

re: Another really dumb Poponov question...

Post by laikkis »

It is not difficult to do that kind of wheel.

If you use two bearings and what I call legs then you are able to make ellipse movement. You can try that in WM.

pay attention to variable speed when wheel is rotating in two leg´s system :D [/img]
laikkis
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by laikkis »

Ellips movement
Attachments
Ellips
Ellips
nicbordeaux
Addict
Addict

Post by nicbordeaux »

So if it's not hard to do, someone has done it, and PM already exists ?
AB Hammer
Addict
Addict

Post by AB Hammer »

nicbordeaux

Here is one of my old experiments I posted on youtube over a year ago. What you showed is old hat for me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhskB-0S ... re=related
"Our education can be the limitation to our imagination, and our dreams"

So With out a dream, there is no vision.

Old and future wheel videos
https://www.youtube.com/user/ABthehammer/videos

Alan
nicbordeaux
Addict
Addict

Post by nicbordeaux »

AB, your experiment looks nice, and I very much admire the build.

I don't purport to show anything, I asked a simple question :) If you mean the vid I showed with the mag driven wheel and the oscillated fork, it was just general principles, like hmmmm... what could be done with this... and actually this pertains to some claim I made. No rocket science or glory seeking there :))

So, this wheel of yours runs with an input (manual) which you can quantify, what is the runtime if that's info you're willing to impart ? And what's the decay pattern, you say constant 66 rpm. Constant like until the end of time ? What effect does harnessing it to do a small amount of work (some form of dynamo or drive to something mechanical) requiring energy of of a known amount have ?

Don't take offense, I'm not being bloody minded or anything, just curious.
AB Hammer
Addict
Addict

Post by AB Hammer »

nicbordeaux

No offense taken.

For the first minute, you would be hard pressed to see a slow down. It ran for 6 minutes and it was a kinetic test that show positive and just another step on the quest. I think I might post another kinetic test that should prove interesting.
nicbordeaux
Addict
Addict

Post by nicbordeaux »

Well, 6 min runtime and a substantial mass by the look of the thing (again, lovely piece of work), I wonder how that compares to a flywhel ? Because if you are over runtime and decay rate of a flywheel by say 20 %, patent it and invest in some energy intensive business. 20 % edge on the competition !!!
AB Hammer
Addict
Addict

Post by AB Hammer »

nicbordeaux

Without the arm it would only run for only 1/2 the time. As a flywheel it would not work well due to the vibration of what it will produce. But if you like flywheels? I have a very good one that might blow your mind. I am saving up money to patent it, and several other inventions I have already done.
nicbordeaux
Addict
Addict

Post by nicbordeaux »

Stick a provisional on it, that's 12 months protection, cost around 300 bucks. This is US, don't know about other places (provisionals). That gives you 12 months to flog it to somebody. US won't accept PM or OU claims, so you'll have to make a "devious" claim, like it will run for at least "x" hours, and as to purpose, state something like "windmill energy mechanical conservation, other applications are ......., non limitative".
jim_mich
Addict
Addict

Post by jim_mich »

nicbordeaux wrote:US won't accept PM or OU claims, so ...
Not true! We have been over this topic many times. If you can prove that your PM or OU device does what you say it does (runs perpetually until it wears out, produces more output than input, etc.) and if the application meets all other normal patent criteria then the US patent office is required to issue you a patent. In the case of any perpetual motion claims the proof would normally be an actual working model.

laikkis
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by laikkis »

Same principle in Europ. You have to have working PM-device . Simple.
nicbordeaux
Addict
Addict

Post by nicbordeaux »

Well, mea maxima culpa an' all that stuff in Bolivian, and thx for pointing out my misunderstanding.
If you think you have an overunity device, think again, there is no such thing. You might just possibly have an unexpectedly efficient device. In which case you will be abducted by MIB and threatened by aliens.