Miscellaneous news and views...

Moderator: scott

AB Hammer
Addict
Addict

Have to see this to believe it ?

Post by AB Hammer »

Greetings All

You have to see this to believe it. It is just an AMAZING System.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiyzj80bPEY
Last edited by AB Hammer on Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Our education can be the limitation to our imagination, and our dreams"

So With out a dream, there is no vision.

Old and future wheel videos
https://www.youtube.com/user/ABthehammer/videos

Alan
justsomeone
Addict
Addict

re: Have to see this to believe it

Post by justsomeone »

Cool.... Yes

Real.... No
Fletcher
Addict
Addict

re: Have to see this to believe it

Post by Fletcher »

Nice CGI & of course the tune is awesome.
AB Hammer
Addict
Addict

Post by AB Hammer »

My wife said it looks like something from Dr Suez, but realistic. As animation it is still amazing. The funniest thing is I have seen some of these feats done for real but not this complicated. The amount of work for just the timing, would be massive to say the least.
jim_mich
Addict
Addict

Post by jim_mich »

This (which is false) is circulating on the internet...
*This is a real complicated percussion music instrument. It is so finely adjusted that I do not see any balls missing their target and falling to the floor. *

*This incredible machine was built as a collaborative effort between the Robert M. Trammell Music Conservatory and the Sharon Wick School of Engineering at the University of Iowa . Amazingly, 97% of the machines components came from**_ John Deere Industries _**and Irrigation Equipment of Bancroft, Iowa .. Yes, farm equipment! ** (Nothing runs like a Deere…or smells like a John.)*

*It took the team a combined 13,029 hours of set-up, alignment, calibration, and tuning before filming this video but as you can see, it was WELL worth the effort. It is now on display in the Matthew Gerhard Alumni Hall at the University and is already slated to be donated to the Smithsonian.*
It is actually a piece of computer animated music called 'Pipe Dream' from Animusic.

DrWhat
Addict
Addict

Post by DrWhat »

It's been around for a while, but sure it is amazing!
AB Hammer
Addict
Addict

Post by AB Hammer »

jim_mich

Thanks for the Animusic link. I find these quite entertaining.
WaltzCee
Addict
Addict

Re: Have to see this to believe it ?

Post by WaltzCee »

AB Hammer wrote: You have to see this to believe it. It is just an AMAZING System.
No one seems to know what they're seeing. This is a transducer where the animation produces an audio. It really is simple shit.

Marvel not.
........................¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ the future is here ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Advocate of God Almighty, maker of heaven and earth and redeemer of my soul.
Walter Clarkson
© 2023 Walter W. Clarkson, LLC
All rights reserved. Do not even quote me w/o my expressed written consent.
docfeelsgood
Aficionado
Aficionado

re: Have to see this to believe it ?

Post by docfeelsgood »

AB Hammer Of ARRACHE ;

"have to see this to believe it ".

thats the same kinda notion i get after standing by my mailbox since sept. 11 09 after being told to expect a package in the mail !!!! now if this is the best one can expect from a proud ARRACHE member , i suggest all others find another avenue to build models from !!! certainly building a "california" style spur is not near as difficult as making a perpetually turning wheel !!!

JC ,
it appears no one at ARRACHE is going too steal your thunder !!!
justsomeone
Addict
Addict

Post by justsomeone »

That's pretty harsh Doc.

Nothing like a swift kick to the ACRACHE!
docfeelsgood
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by docfeelsgood »

Justy ;

you might think it harsh but in actuality it was pretty light . after waiting for 3 years and listening to every lame excuse i've had it !! i have even asked for my one original to be returned to NO avail !!

the way i look at it is if ya dont want to do nothin OR cant do nothin ,, get the hell outa the way and i'll go find somebody who can !! i think wasteing 3 years on a simple spur is quite long enuff !!!!! especially when i was told it would take a week !!!

Well Justy ,, how much longer would you give him ??? i cant wait to see all the progress made on OTHER peoples ideas !!
AB Hammer
Addict
Addict

Post by AB Hammer »

Doc and who else wants to read in.

That spur project was a side project for me, I even said so. I even said I would not accept payment even though you pushed to pay me, but even then I said not until I finish with it. Now you make a big deal on this forum in a form of direct attack. So I guess I will send you back your spur and keep the pair I was building (that is wright a pair so you could put the original to the side). I am a stickler on historic recreation and for details and as long as I was fighting for a living side projects get put to the side. Sorry you didn't understand that and then I said a few months ago that I would not build a wheel until the spurs where done. Well I am just getting my needed materials for my wheels.

PS it is more like 2 years. So Doc is this truly the way you want it to end?
This personal deal I had with you Doc, doesn't have nothing to do with Arrache.

PS Doc since sept. 11 09 I was sick for the next 6 weeks which degraded to pneumonia. Then I had to catch up 2,600.00 worth of bills. which I have done, since I have a new shop with better working conditions. So time for side projects and wheels are of plenty now. They where seldom before.

Alan
docfeelsgood
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by docfeelsgood »

Alan ;

this saga goes back to 3/9/08 . being a person who doesn't expect something for nothing i expected to pay you AND pay you well !!! i thought my money was just as green as the next guys , guess i was wrong . i'm not complaing about the quality of your work that you have shown on the internet . in fact it looks exceptional . but we are all fighting the clock too beat the jackal . at my age and health i am probobly standing closer to him than you , having a bad foot and a stroke .

when it's all said and done if would just send me back my ONE original spur i would be grateful . you can keep your "PAIR" to do as you see fit !! a bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush in my personal opinion !!!
AB Hammer
Addict
Addict

Post by AB Hammer »

Doc

This gets me thinking all to much, why I took on this quest. I had spent my life always being able to figure out all mechanical problems I had ever faced, as well as any armour designs. I also swore to respect those that have come before me in this quest. This is why I would not have the heart to charge you for the spurs. I don't wear spurs and they are not medieval so, I will go ahead and send the spurs. Sorry I never fully believed in the buzz saw wheel after awhile. But don't ever sell us short in Arrache even if you don't believe in us. everyone has the wright to their opinion.

Oh yes the reason I took on this quest is 1. I have always been able to figure out all mechanical problems I have ever faced and 2. because of my talents I took it as a way out, from my father's lies that brought me to LA in the first place, which left me destitute. My neighbor had a better than nothing location to set up shop at. This saved me from becoming a slave to my father. ( blind love really kicked my butt on this, and opened my eyes ) Now even if I/or Arrache don't have the wheel. In my new shop and better working conditions I believe it will take me less than a couple of years to save up what I need to move to real civilization.

PS 1 month and 9 days left to make 2 years. I should have pushed it through quicker anyway. But life's pressures tend to control schedules.

Sorry
Alan
leigh0180
Dabbler
Dabbler

Post by leigh0180 »

Wow, cool. I'm definitely a believer!