Besslers wheel may have been a Hamster Wheel.

A Bessler, gravity, free-energy free-for-all. Registered users can upload files, conduct polls, and more...

Moderator: scott

Trevor Lyn Whatford
Devotee
Devotee

Besslers wheel may have been a Hamster Wheel.

Post by Trevor Lyn Whatford »

Besslers wheel may have been a Hamster Wheel see below, it would tick a lot of the right boxes, the weights in the cloth I believe where just fly wheel weights to keep the momentum of the main wheel and hamster running.

This design is loosely based on hydraulic motors and how they push the motor around by forcing roller up and down a incline.

I was not ready to post this yet but as Path_finder was getting to close I thought I would, thus my return, I would have liked to build it first but it maybe a long time before I get the time so here it is.

Hamster Wheel

This Invention relates to a Gravity Motor that uses a hamster wheel principle, wherein there is a main wheel inside of which there is a hamster, the hamster has a number of legs at the end of which there are roller weights, when the main wheel is set in motion the hamster starts moving in the opposite direction like a hamster running on the wheel, this makes the wheel rotate, there are a number of option to tap the energy off this wheel, but I would like to do some R&D to find the best, but for now any know option will do, so a cog and chain could drive the work load. The main wheel will run on wheel bearings mounted to a frame. As well as a power source it may be used for vehicle’s and toys, the Gravity Motor may run on its own, or many can be added together.

There has been many attempts at this sort of gravity wheel but all have failed this is because the hamsters force inside the wheel cannot be renewed as the line of force would be in a straight line from the axle to the rim via the hamster thus it would just sit there with no means to push the wheel, this invention is designed to over come this problem.

There now follows a description of this Invention with accompanying drawings.

There is a main wheel that would be similar to a drum, inside the wheel there is formed incline sections which are required to allow the hamster to have some thing to push against, there are roller weights at the end of each hamster wheels legs, these are required to roll down the incline sections formed in side the main wheel so the hamster pushes the main wheel away and at the same time it pushes its self forward thus creating a pushing force and a backing force, once set in motion the main wheel move in one direction and the hamster move in the over direction, there will be balanced weight added to the hamster and main wheel to act as a fly wheel effect, this is to keep up a good movement to keep the effects of gravity working on the hamster in a positive way (to keep it running ), the hamster is not fixed to the main wheel it is trapped inside the wheel though, the weighted roller would be long enough to keep them inline with the incline wheel sections, both the main wheel and the hamster are symmetrical so the wheel will run in what ever direction it is set in motion. The principle of this invention is to use the pushing force on the wheel from the falling hamster and use the backing force of the pushing force to propel the hamster in the opposite direction all assisted by the force of gravity pulling down the hamster and refuelling the momentum and the forces, In this set up the hamster is running down the wheel more than running up the wheel.

Drawing Key

BF = the backing force the courses the hamster to move in the opposite direction to the main wheel.
ETO = energy tap off for the gravity wheel transfer its surplus energy to do work, any known means can be used.
MW = the main wheel (gravity motor), that may become a hamster in a bigger wheel. The main wheel that would be similar to a drum, inside the wheel there is formed incline sections which are required to allow the hamster to have some thing to push against,
PF = the pushing force acting on the main wheel as the hamster rolls down the incline.
WR + H = roller weights + the hamster at the end of each hamster legs, these are required to roll down the incline sections formed in side the main wheel so the hamster pushes the main wheel away and it pushes its self forward thus creating a pushing force and a backing force.
WB = wheel bearings centre, hubs, or wheel rim bearings systems so that the main wheel may rotate on the main frame.

Figures

Figure 1 shows the inside view of the wheel as the hamster has just been on a downward run, the momentum of the main wheel will soon reinstate it to better position so the running never stops and the hamster and main wheel momentum keeps going thanks to the input kinetic energy from gravity.

Figure 2 show the Hamster belly roller option (HBR), wherein there may also be rollers mounted at the top of the main wheels incline peaks that allow the hamsters belly section to roll over the said peaks in a pivoting manner, this help the hamsters leg push the main wheel, the size of the hamster weighted rollers will also be looked into.

Important Information,

I intend to use my prior inventions, and all there option on this invention, along with all known technology, and new technology when it comes out.

This invention may also contain battery’s and may contain magnets, coils, capacitors, and the relevant circuitry, strategically positioned to generate a power supply.

Note The inventor does not consider alteration to the mechanics to be inventive steps, because there are to many combinations to be covered, so it is the principle that is to be Patented, there are to many combinations to be covered in this application but the main area for R&D will be getting the angles right for the main wheels inclines, for the hamster to maximise a pushing force that needs to be applied to the main wheel, when that is right, there will a good backing force to keep the Hamster running, there may many different leg numbers to be tried for the hamster, plus these legs may be spring loaded pivots, with small spring loaded telescopic section to shock absorb with a positive a spring back, it will also be required to work out the right amounts of balanced weight to get the best fly wheel effect for both the main wheel and the hamster wheel.

Note, Areas to Explore

Any of my prior invention information’s or general knowledge may be applied to this invention.

Any known techniques not covered by this patent application may be added to the combination of techniques as described in this patent application. Materials of items, Construction methods especially of items, numbers of items, shape of items, ratios of items, volume of items, weight of items, angles of items, positions of items. Mechanical systems, leverage systems being adapted to this invention. Advantages of adding buoyancy, the advantages of adding weights, find out the most efficient options or combined options, speed governing device‘s or keep it under load. This invention will be the subject of research and development and changes will be made, but the basic inventions principle will remain.
Attachments
Besslers wheel may have been a hamster driven wheel by Trevor Lyn Whatford.
Besslers wheel may have been a hamster driven wheel by Trevor Lyn Whatford.
I have been wrong before!
I have been right before!
Hindsight will tell us!
Tarsier79
Addict
Addict

re: Besslers wheel may have been a Hamster Wheel.

Post by Tarsier79 »

Gday Trevor

Good to see somebody putting it out there! Personally I would have put it in community buzz.

I am a bit confused as to what you are expecting to give the forward motive force of both the hamster and the wheel. By your drawing, the design of the slots on the outer wheel and the arms on the hamster seem to be symmetrical. It looks to me like the hamster will just fall into the slot at its lowest point at the bottom of the wheel, as pushing on the angled edge would require the hamster to have rotational force. Maybe I'm missing something?

Cheers
Trevor Lyn Whatford
Devotee
Devotee

Hi Tarsier 79,

It has to be set in motion first in any direction, then as the hamster starts to run gravity pulls down the hamster and the rollers push away the incline moving the wheel repeating the cycle, the hamster is falling forward as the main wheel is moving away, fly wheel weights are added to keep up the momentum, the drawings are just a still shot of it. Edit, the drawing cannot show the dynamics, place a tennis ball in a saucepan then rotate the saucepan this will give you a rough idea.

Take a look at this drawing as it will show you the insides of a hydraulic motor, as it might help, the hamsters weight and gravity replace the hydraulic pistons.

Regards Trevor
Attachments
Inside a Hydraulic motor the hydraulic pistons push the cam rollers down the incline pushing the motor around on the power stroke.
Inside a Hydraulic motor the hydraulic pistons push the cam rollers down the incline pushing the motor around on the power stroke.
Hindsight will tell us!
triplock

Post by triplock »

Hello Trevor,

Good to see you back posting.

I'd like to say I like your design, but it is really going over old ground.

If built, an initial input will cause the whole assy to cough and splutter for a couple of turns, and then it will keel with the inner 'spider' dead at the bottom, as Tarsier also indicated.

I like the engineering of the hydraulic component you have displayed though, with the 'switch-back circular railway' bearing race to the outer edge. Again though, if you tried to configure this to run on 'gravity' then it won't work. In isolation, a roller will come off the crest, but will have insufficent impetus to rise to the next peak.

I'm not saying that some form of hamster wheel may not do it, it's just that this particular design won't work. :-(( (Unless there's other components not shown ;-) )

Regards, Chris
Trevor Lyn Whatford
Devotee
Devotee

Hi Triplock,

When you say old ground do you mean built old ground or talk old ground? If you could give me some reference as to where I can find more info it would be a great help, this hamster wheel is on my build list albeit low down, if I can take it off the list then I will have more time for other builds.

Thank for your input, regards Trevor
Hindsight will tell us!
DrWhat
Addict
Addict

Post by DrWhat »

The hamster design could be a possibility.

Somehow I feel there would need to be a more dynamic mechanism inside the smaller wheel such as the image attached, say a pendulum pushing down one of may rods to overbalance the smaller wheel.
Attachments
hamster.jpg
I only realized too late that life was short.
Trevor Lyn Whatford
Devotee
Devotee

Hi DrWhat,

What Very good design but I see no work being done when the hamster is falling on the left or in the middle the only work done by the hamster is on the climb and that is what I am trying to overcome.

What I am shore of is the hamster must be free to run and push the wheel behind himself and there most be a good fly wheel effect in the wheel and the hamster, the hamster has to push the wheel behind so he can fall forwards and in falling the downward force needs to push the wheel behind him where ever he is at the time, I do not see that in your design, my design will need a lot of R&D to get the angles and other variable right.

To give my hamster wheel the bessler look I took the angles from MT 137 if you join the lines you will see it, I thought well that is a good starting point as any and only building can show you with trial and error and then there is no guaranty it will work but it at least you will know and can sleep well.

I have built a lot of hamster wheel but tethered the poor hammy and did not give him any thing to push the wheel with, so hammy just sat at the bottom of the wheel looking sorry for me, well it was not his fault.

Edit, I believe the the hamster will be on a downward run most of the time so that is why the hamster needs do most of the work there and where ever where he is, that is what I have tried to design.

Thanks for showing it, regards Trevor
Hindsight will tell us!
triplock

Post by triplock »

Hello Trevor,

Dr What was very astute when he stated that another more dynamic mechanism is required, because in your design there is no means of resetting or counter-acting the tendancy for the hamster to settle on the bottom.

IMHO, there has to be a counter weight mass equal to the mass of the hamster as a whole.

This weight would reset the hamster back to the horisontal each time, or at least prevent it from reaching equilibrium.

Furthermore, I would recommend a further outer wheel into which the inner wheel and hamster revolves.

I imagine that that there would also be a form of linkage between this new outer whhell and the hamster.

maybe this larger resetting mass would affix to the outer wheel ?

I imagine a situation where the weighted hamster is trying to fall. In doing so the middle wheel is revolving. Counter-acting this is the outer wheel turning in the opposite direction as a much faster speed, so as to prevent 'keel' of the inner assemblies.

Hope this helps Trevor.

Chris
DrWhat
Addict
Addict

Post by DrWhat »

Trevor and Chris, I strongly believe that when one system is in balance another system is out of balance. They keep seeking equilibrium but never can. There may need to be three such systems.

Bessler hints at this.
Trevor Lyn Whatford
Devotee
Devotee

Hi chris, DrWhat,

Chris I do not think the hamster will get time to sit in the middle of the wheel because of the fly wheel effect of the added balance weight, there is a grey area between your thinking and mine, you are most likely right as I am siding with the impossible but this hamster wheel will remain on my to build list as I need to know exactly what is going on so I can fix it,
or bin it if it is beyond repair, thanks for your input Chris.

Hi DrWhat, that sounds good but the big question is how? I think we all wish we had the answer to that one!
Hindsight will tell us!
beapilot
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by beapilot »

Hi Trevor,

I read every post in this thread. I am still trying to absorb your invention. I can only see it resting. I tried to design these type of wheels several times and it took some great effort to understand why it will not work. Usually, they rather lock in place or the weight will come to a rest. If the roller you have keeps going up hill (or down hill?), the roller will try to reach to its lowest resting point and that can be done by having the roller be at the center all all points. If the main wheel must keep turning, then there has to be something to keep it turning and I am having a hard time seeing the roller do that. Maybe try making an animation of what you are trying to achieve?

Joshua
bluesgtr44
Devotee
Devotee

Post by bluesgtr44 »

This is basically the same approach as the "wall crawler". The hamster is also going to need something to maintain it's position to the one side of the wheel. No matter what the angle for the rollers, it has a definite keel position if it cannot maintain it's position and apply it's weight to one side only. I don't see anything you have that will provide for that, Trevor.

In my tries and dies with this type of design, I finally saw that the symmetry needed to be broken so in WM2D, I created a "spring ring" that I had attempted to manipulate into positions that broke the symmetry...it still found the keel point because there was nothing to really provide and maintain that offset. It is a tempting approach to play around with...I'll give it that, Trev.

Steve
Attachments
Pushing to break the symmetry...
Pushing to break the symmetry...
Instead of round it is ovate....
Instead of round it is ovate....
Finding the right solution...is usually a function of asking the right questions. -A. Einstein
Trevor Lyn Whatford
Devotee
Devotee

Hi Steve,

My Hamster is tumbling from the ascending side mainly, on landing it finds its leg wheels on a downward slope before it can bottom the the slope it finds it self tumbling again in a forward summersault, so the hamster would be mainly rotating between 7.30 & 6.00 trying to play catch up, well that is the theory anyway, but the truth will take a build.

After being bitten by a hamster before you would thought I would have learnt my lesson, but they look so cute don't they!

Regards Trevor
Hindsight will tell us!
Trevor Lyn Whatford
Devotee
Devotee

Hi beapilot,

see my reply to steve, and do not forget the fly wheel weights.

Regards Trevor
Hindsight will tell us!
beapilot
Aficionado
Aficionado

Re: re: Besslers wheel may have been a Hamster Wheel.

Post by beapilot »

Trevor Lyn Whatford wrote:Hi Steve,

My Hamster is tumbling from the ascending side mainly, on landing it finds its leg wheels on a downward slope before it can bottom the the slope it finds it self tumbling again in a forward summersault, so the hamster would be mainly rotating between 7.30 & 6.00 trying to play catch up, well that is the theory anyway, but the truth will take a build.

After being bitten by a hamster before you would thought I would have learnt my lesson, but they look so cute don't they!

Regards Trevor
Why not make one on a 2D simulation software. I am sure the software is capable of handling your invention. I understand the hamster would want to play catch up but that means it must climb rather tumble down. If it tumbles down to the center of the main wheel, the hamster will reach a rest point. Although, as you know, the main wheel must spin to the left to keep the hamster falling to the right and this can only happen if the hamster climbs, not tumble down. Same fact for a real hamster on a hamster wheel.

I may not understand until I see your animation or 2D simulation model.

Joshua