Besslers wheel may have been a Hamster Wheel.

A Bessler, gravity, free-energy free-for-all. Registered users can upload files, conduct polls, and more...

Moderator: scott

Trevor Lyn Whatford
Devotee
Devotee

re: Besslers wheel may have been a Hamster Wheel.

Post by Trevor Lyn Whatford »

Hi Path_finder,

I will not be posting the hamster in the middle wheel inside the V wheels, as a large hamster is crossing over the axle and the backing forces would I believe cause a jam, there is not enough rope distance to make a small hamster work so I give up with this design and return to the hamster at the start of this thread.
(Edit, path_finder wrote,)
Dear all,
After some additional studies I came to this conclusion: the 'V' disks wheel is nothing else than a Nth version of the CAM design.
On a theoretical point of view the angular position of the two disks is an artificial way to inform the inner of the wheel of the 3:00 position versus the earth ground
For sure this way is much more simpler than passing through a shaft through the central axle, and this is why this configuration seems to be more attractive.
I think the V wheels design is a horses for courses design, wherein cross over axle weight shifts designs are out, but more simple weight shift designs are in!

There is an advantage of the V wheels that should not be over looked see quote below.
(Edit, Trevor Wrote,)
If you look at the above design I have not asked the V wheels to do any direct lifting, its more like pulling the weights over, there is another advantage in that design wherein when pulling the weight over will transfer some of that weight to a outer position on the V wheels.
Path_finder, thank you very much for your input here.

With thanks Trevor
I have been wrong before!
I have been right before!
Hindsight will tell us!
path_finder
Addict
Addict

Post by path_finder »

An example of the today's version of the hamster design, including the latest technology:
http://www.cs.uml.edu/~jzhou/robot/hams ... rWheel.pdf
I hear yet the theoricians: with the motion you can produce some electricity for powering the microcontroller, etc
Being of the old school, I refuse the use of the electronics...only from the gravity, it's much more funny...
I cannot imagine why nobody though on this before, including myself? It is so simple!...
path_finder
Addict
Addict

Post by path_finder »

Dear Trevor Lyn Whatford,
Can I suggest the reviewing of the pertinent concept developed (few years ago) by Mr Gill Simo, here:
http://www.besslerwheel.com/forum/viewt ... e3ca#27199
and the following comments in queue.
Is that the way you want to implement the 'conical path' using the triangular cutouts of the Apologia drawing?
I cannot imagine why nobody though on this before, including myself? It is so simple!...
Tarsier79
Addict
Addict

Post by Tarsier79 »

Gday Pathfinder,

I did some tests on the conical path,(not sure if you saw it.) But, although the cone(or sphere) climbs the track, as the wheel turns through 360 degrees, the weight dropping is eventually felt by the wheel. IMO the conical path provides no advantage.

Cheers
Trevor Lyn Whatford
Devotee
Devotee

Re: re: Besslers wheel may have been a Hamster Wheel.

Trevor Lyn Whatford wrote:Hi Path_finder,

its still lowering weight and there is not much to push the wheel back with.

(Edit, I am hoping that my hamster will be running down a never ending slope, that is the wheel rotating renewing the slope under the hamster with the hamster pushing back on the wheel in a never ending catch up.)

Make me wonder though wether if you had a little ramp just before the end of the open end of the V wether enough momentum could be built up to jump to the next V,<<<<<<<<<<, (Edit, on flat ground), still thanks for showing me.

Regards Trevor
Hi path_finder,

Thanks for showing me thoughs designs, but in some of thoughs designs the external weight would pull down the weights in the wheels and hold them there restraining the wheels.

I think that conical path could do work on the flat, but only if enough momentum can be achieved, on a wheel though I do not see much differents than a slot and roller or ball, as the fall angles change so quickly on a rotating wheel.

I have up loaded Video lab 10, so hopefully I will post them Videos I promised, one will be of great interest as it is what I am working on now.

Thanks again, Trevor
Hindsight will tell us!
path_finder
Addict
Addict

Post by path_finder »

An interesting concept in relation with this 'V' oriented sides for the wheel, is the Steiner chain. See here:
http://mathworld.wolfram.com/SteinerChain.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steiner_chain

and in particular these animations:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Stein ... llipse.gif
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Rotat ... or_opt.gif
In fact, think to the opposite way (the Steiner inner circles fixed and the big circle rotating).

edited:
Look also to the Pappus chain
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pappus_chain
and the corresponding drawing:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Pappu ... heorem.svg
Trevor Lyn Whatford
Devotee
Devotee

Hi path_finder,

when I get some videos posted one shows how to double up pulleys to gain a greater rope movment but if heavy chain was used instead (more chain on one side) and the friction was not to bad it maybe worth a try!

Regards Trevor
Hindsight will tell us!
Trevor Lyn Whatford
Devotee
Devotee

Hi Teokox,

Thank you for bringing that to my attention, very interesting video, cheers.

with thanks Trevor
Hindsight will tell us!
Trevor Lyn Whatford
Devotee
Devotee

Hi all,

just to let you know that the V wheels are still work in progress, I still have fluid weight and buoyancy wheel builds to do and one or two rope swing options to build.

I did not practice what I preached with the above rope design wherein my build did not work because I asked the ropes to lift the weights up (only a little is enough to kill any design) this is very much a NO, NO!

When using ropes the weights need to drop to torque the ropes, this is in any rope design not just V wheel design, I will be post a design some time this week to show the weight drop and ropes virtues.

The ropes I am using on my current build with scissors already shows that using rope can turn a negative force into a positive force.

Edit, there are also some carriages and shaped runs rope swing wheel options I need to build as well, V wheels and cut out wheels alike. There are just to many options of how you can move and land the weighted carriages. My to build list has exploded last year and this year and it is only March.
Hindsight will tell us!