Idea I had since elementary school

A Bessler, gravity, free-energy free-for-all. Registered users can upload files, conduct polls, and more...

Moderator: scott

jim_mich
Addict
Addict

re: Idea I had since elementary school

Post by jim_mich »

preoccupied,

I've used the Microsoft GIF Animator for many years. It is old, but very simple. When using later versions of Windows there is a small minor bug; you must open the first GIF picture file and then you can drag & drop the rest of the GIF files into the Animator program. With older versions of Windows you could drag & drop the very first picture file.

See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_GIF_Animator

preoccupied
Devotee
Devotee

Post by preoccupied »

What program should I use to draw a gif file?
jim_mich
Addict
Addict

Post by jim_mich »

Use any program you feel comfortable with.

You could use Paint.

You could even hand draw the picture like with the old Cartoons and scan each sheet then use paint to convert them to GIF files.

My first GIF animation was produced by writing a Basic computer program that drew and saved each sequential picture.

preoccupied
Devotee
Devotee

Post by preoccupied »

I used inkscape which has better drawing ability than paint and extracted a pgn file for each picture I wanted and then I opened it with paint and saved as gif and then I used microsoft gif animator to create the animation. Thank you Jim_Mich

When I have time I will try to make an animation of the square and the swastika turning together but until then try to visualize that the swastika moves and is attached to rods connected to a square. I hope the image size isn't too big. I don't know what 100Kb is.
Attachments
frames.gif
preoccupied
Devotee
Devotee

Post by preoccupied »

I made the gif animation under 100KB and the square is included. So here is what you are seeing. There are four bars attached to the swastika from the square. The square is pulling the swastika. The square has an axle coming in and the swastika has an axle going out. Imagine that the swastika's axle is going out into another of the same thing by attaching to a second new square. Then that new square would attach to a new swastika using four bars and start the process over again. The hypothesis is that if the swastika produces mechanical advantage when it is turned it can add mechanical advantage to another square and swastika and that this can repeat several times giving any amount of mechanical advantage as long as more squares and swastikas can fit.
Attachments
frame1.gif
Fletcher
Addict
Addict

Post by Fletcher »

What makes you think a swastika has mechanical advantage ? - that would seem to be the crux of your theory so you need to explain & demonstrate this.

N.B. A swastika is an incomplete square - the bar connection points are at the corners of the incomplete square - the swastika arms [right angle arrangements] could be replaced with a crucifix made from the incomplete square diagonal lines & also turn in sync with the square driver.
AB Hammer
Addict
Addict

Post by AB Hammer »

preoccupied

The swastika and square are very good base frames to work from. But they are only base frames. What you do to them is what counts. The best and worst things about them are they stay symmetrical. What rides on or in the frame has to be able to change this symmetrical shape and reset extremely fast before it causes equilibrium to keep over balance. In a design at 60 rpm you only have 1 second to make and reset all mechanisms you choose. This may or may not be of any help but the lack of mechanism information creates little to go by.

Good luck
Alan
"Our education can be the limitation to our imagination, and our dreams"

So With out a dream, there is no vision.

Old and future wheel videos
https://www.youtube.com/user/ABthehammer/videos

Alan
preoccupied
Devotee
Devotee

Re: re: Idea I had since elementary school

Post by preoccupied »

Fletcher wrote:What makes you think a swastika has mechanical advantage ? - that would seem to be the crux of your theory so you need to explain & demonstrate this.
I'll admit that I don't have a physics education and I am claiming this idea as a hypothesis so I'm doing all the right things given my knowledge level. I have an example that I use with my car. My jack for lifting my car when I get a flat tire has the jack part and a long bar that at the end of it is nothing but a right angle. If the right angle is upright and I push down on it the jack will rise.

Distance usually shows how much mechanical advantage is available. If a bar is bent at a right angle then there is twice the distance as the elbow. The elbow is where the arm is moving. So the tension from the work at the hands travels to the elbows. On the square the tension travels two directions and has twice the fortitude but no mechanical advantage. The swastika should have half the fortitude and twice the mechanical advantage. The square shouldn't take away or add any mechanical advantage because the tension spreads evenly through it and changes form to the next thing it is in contact with.

If Tyler agrees with my idea he could probably explain the physics! But it might take him a while to reply to the post because he is a grad student and doesn't have much time for forums, like he said earlier.
Last edited by preoccupied on Sun May 01, 2011 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
preoccupied
Devotee
Devotee

Re: re: Idea I had since elementary school

Post by preoccupied »

Fletcher wrote:N.B. A swastika is an incomplete square - the bar connection points are at the corners of the incomplete square - the swastika arms [right angle arrangements] could be replaced with a crucifix made from the incomplete square diagonal lines & also turn in sync with the square driver.
Can you create a gif animation of the crucifix turning with the square, please? I used inkscape to draw my pictures and extracted the pgn file and then opened the pgn file with paint and "saved as" to .gif file. Then I put the .gif versions of the pictures in microsoft gif animator. Inkscape makes everything created into objects so the image is easier to manipulate, I think. Anyways, I can't visualize how a crucifix can turn with the square.
preoccupied
Devotee
Devotee

Post by preoccupied »

I posted the same subject on overunity.com. I hope people there agree with my idea.

http://www.overunity.com/index.php?topic=10676.new#new

EDIT
This first link no longer works for some reason. It's possible they change the address off and on. This second link should work as of right now.

http://www.overunity.com/index.php?topi ... #msg283841
Last edited by preoccupied on Mon May 02, 2011 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Art
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Art »

Welcome preoccupied ,

Don't get too discouraged if you get disagreement on your idea, its all part of the testing process .

If you are really meant for this site you will go ahead and build anyway if you have doubt about the opinions given .

You will probably find that the building of a test rig to confirm or falsify an idea brings with it new thinking and ideas how it might be done in profusion .

Its always easier I find to get the answer straight from reality with a physical test . Its also usually easier to accept a negative result from an inanimate source if required : ) and : (

Good luck
Regards Art
Have had the solution to Bessler's Wheel approximately monthly for over 30 years ! But next month is "The One" !
path_finder
Addict
Addict

Post by path_finder »

Dear preoccupied,
I don't see any 'mechanical advantage' in your concept, because you can replace the swastika by any disk or square of the same size (being in this case like a cube which obviously cannot rotate by itself).

Just for the fun I made this animation in view to detect if there is any 'energetic advantage' to get from.
It would be a tidy job to compute the position of the COG for all individual position, specially during the sliding phases.
So far I suggest to you a building in view to verify if there is a permanent unbalance.
IMHO it could be well, this swastika being a kind of hamster as observed.
But I suspect also a negative answer, because the same effect can be obtained by two 'Watt linkage' in quadrature, like here:
http://www.besslerwheel.com/forum/download.php?id=7125
Attachments
swastika1.gif
I cannot imagine why nobody though on this before, including myself? It is so simple!...
iacob alex
Addict
Addict

Post by iacob alex »

Hi P_F!

Instead of different and all kind of hystoric mysticism,you can see two paticular levers ,nothing more...

The drivers used them to start the old engines...if you remember.

As you know,the lever is the "skeleton" of mechanics.

A bird's feather is a lever.

Our arm is a lever.

A hand-crank is a lever.

If you want to develop a gravity engine,you can use this symbol,but you must return,firstly to a "natural lesson":the bird's feather.

Then you need two spare parts ,only:a lever and a flywheel.

By the way,I appreciate so much your devices and designs.

All the best! / Alex
Simplicity is the first step to knowledge.
preoccupied
Devotee
Devotee

Post by preoccupied »

I don't know why but people seem to think this is an unbalanced gravity wheel. This is a piece of something, we don't know what yet because I haven't been able to explain why the swastika is important to anybody's understanding. This is not an unbalanced gravity wheel. This is a mechanical advantage only. If mechanical advantage can add to another mechanical advantage like my hypothesis states then any amount of extra force can be created as long as more swastika and squares can fit.