forum pollution

a. the intentional perversion of truth; b. an act of deceiving or misrepresenting

Moderator: scott

path_finder
Addict
Addict

forum pollution

Post by path_finder »

SuG11 wrote:you must agree to conform to and be legally bound by the terms and conditions described below.
Jay wrote:you must agree to conform to and be legally bound by the terms and conditions described below.
JasonK wrote:you must agree to conform to and be legally bound by the terms and conditions described below.
SusanG wrote:you must agree to conform to and be legally bound by the terms and conditions described below.
Dear SuG11, Jay, JasonK, SusanG, etc (same commercial person),
I presume if you were interested just by the gravity wheels, why to create so many avatars, in so little time, with some links with your business adds.
Please read carefully the terms of use of the www.besslerwheel.com forum.
In addition how can you ask from your customers what you are unable to assume yourself?
Regards
I cannot imagine why nobody though on this before, including myself? It is so simple!...
scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by scott »

Where are these spam posts path finder?
path_finder
Addict
Addict

re: forum pollution

Post by path_finder »

I cannot imagine why nobody though on this before, including myself? It is so simple!...
path_finder
Addict
Addict

Post by path_finder »

Sandra, same pollution.
janypaul1

Post by janypaul1 »

Oh really...........:)
Grimer
Addict
Addict

Post by Grimer »

Yes really - so barkoff.
Grimer
Addict
Addict

Post by Grimer »

There's a new troller around whose polluting the thread. He, or she, is advertising infants' clothing. I've pointed out to him/her that this site is hardly the most most profitable place to hawk kids clothing but it doesn't seem to have had any deterrent effect.
jim_mich
Addict
Addict

Post by jim_mich »

There is also a troll here that that fails to understand that spammers will always exits and the best conduct is to not answer back to their obvious spam posting. Scott will usually delete them in due time if, or not, depending.

Answering back causes other forum members to download and read twice as much worthless crap. Also, posting twice is even worse. Talk about forum pollution!

Grimer, do not answer back to these obvious robot spammers!

path_finder
Addict
Addict

Post by path_finder »

the rule is: never answer to the troll.
(The worst sentence for a troll being ignored)
Grimer
Addict
Addict

Post by Grimer »

jim_mich wrote:There is also a troll here that that fails to understand that spammers will always exits and the best conduct is to not answer back to their obvious spam posting. Scott will usually delete them in due time if, or not, depending.

Answering back causes other forum members to download and read twice as much worthless crap. Also, posting twice is even worse. Talk about forum pollution!

Grimer, do not answer back to these obvious robot spammers!

You're right. I'll bottle up my irritation in future.
Who is she that cometh forth as the morning rising, fair as the moon, bright as the sun, terribilis ut castrorum acies ordinata?
nicbordeaux
Addict
Addict

Post by nicbordeaux »

Spammers of the commercial type get paid by the number of hits. And also by improving rating on search engines (how high in the search results for a given query a site will turn up). The type of spammer you are dealing with here is looking for "linkbacks" , and number of times the url or name is mentionned on a site which has a top ranking in some domain, namely in this case the Bessler wheel. The search engine algorythm which dtermines how well a site is rated looks carefully at this connectedness to top rated sites, even if they have nothing to do with the activity the undesirable poster is trying to promote. Therefore, our culprit is looking for search engine placing, not direct hits.

Now, I won't condone, least all suggest this, but there is a way to "destroy" a small site's (such as the one the spammer is promoting)reputation in regard to search engines : post the link on "x" rated adult content sites a load of times, also various sites that parental control would block access to, the more distasteful the better. That is just one of a myriad of way's of discouraging spammers, and hurting them hard.

I'm sure the op doesn't wan't this to happen.

In the meantime, the more you post the offending url's, the better the results for the offender.

That's it then, sorry for the post and I won't mention it again.
If you think you have an overunity device, think again, there is no such thing. You might just possibly have an unexpectedly efficient device. In which case you will be abducted by MIB and threatened by aliens.
Grimer
Addict
Addict

Post by Grimer »

No need to apologise, Nic. That was very interesting to the criminal part of my character. Image