Musings on Gravity

A Bessler, gravity, free-energy free-for-all. Registered users can upload files, conduct polls, and more...

Moderator: scott

John Collins
Addict
Addict

Musings on Gravity

Post by John Collins »

In response to some comments on my blog, I've written a short article, musing on aspects of gravity in an attempt to crystalise my own thinking as well as anyone else's. It's pretty basic stuff but there might be something of use in there for some of you. You can read it at www.gravitywheel.com

JC
Read my blog at http://johncollinsnews.blogspot.com/

This is the link to Amy’s TikTok page - over 20 million views for one video! Look up amyepohl on google

See my blog at http://www.gravitywheel.com
Richard
Aficionado
Aficionado

re: Musings on Gravity

Post by Richard »

John....thanx much

In your blog, the musing's please, please, point out that this is intended for a wide audience to appreciate..

most people of course would realize this, but; then there are the others.

richard

again many thanks for sharing "Musings on Gravity"
where man meets science and god meets man never the twain shall meet...till god and man and science sit at gods great judgement seat..a tribute to Bessler....kipling I think
Grimer
Addict
Addict

Post by Grimer »

In your musings you compare gravity to the wind or water. But these are not pull forces. They are push forces.

It is much easier to visualise gravity as a push, as a wind blowing vertically downwards, than as a pull, a suck.

The two views are equivalent just as the views a glass half full and a glass half empty are equivalent. But to concentrate on what is there (the liquid in the glass) rather than what is not there (the empty space in the glass) is more productive.
Who is she that cometh forth as the morning rising, fair as the moon, bright as the sun, terribilis ut castrorum acies ordinata?
murilo
Addict
Addict

Post by murilo »

For me it's absolutely HARD to visualize gravity as a pushing wind... even if you are not the only one to say this!

Easier is pulling according mass, permanently surrounding bodies.

Hard would be assume this kind of 'wind' with the 'natural' 'sail' effect over volume and/or area.... ( ??? no deal! )

Best!
M
eccentrically1
Addict
Addict

Post by eccentrically1 »

John it seems you're confused about the definition of an open system versus a closed system. Open systems exchange energy and matter with their environment. Closed systems exchange only energy with their environment, but not matter. So a Bessler wheel is defined as a closed system; it doesn't exchange matter with its' environment.
getterdone
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by getterdone »

An interesting read JC .Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Using the water wheel as an example, what's happening to us with our builds is that we have equal amonts of water both sides of the wheel, so the wheel can't turn, it's balanced. When we discover a way of channeling some from the negative side to the positive side, then we'll have OU

Let's hope that this is the year that it happens
Beer is the cause and the solution of all my problems.
Grimer
Addict
Addict

Re: re: Musings on Gravity

Post by Grimer »

eccentrically1 wrote:John it seems you're confused about the definition of an open system versus a closed system. Open systems exchange energy and matter with their environment. Closed systems exchange only energy with their environment, but not matter. So a Bessler wheel is defined as a closed system; it doesn't exchange matter with its' environment.
Energy is matter and matter is energy.
Who is she that cometh forth as the morning rising, fair as the moon, bright as the sun, terribilis ut castrorum acies ordinata?
eccentrically1
Addict
Addict

Post by eccentrically1 »

So a Bessler wheel exchanges nothing with it's environment then, Grimer? No energy or mass. That would be an isolated system by that definition; something that is not supposed to be possible because of, if nothing else, gravitational attraction.
Richard
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by Richard »

eccentrically 1....

...why?.....

edit to add: our paths crossed in posting...having now seen your second post, I am comforted by your stupidity....I had thought you were just trying to be argumentative..

richard
where man meets science and god meets man never the twain shall meet...till god and man and science sit at gods great judgement seat..a tribute to Bessler....kipling I think
eccentrically1
Addict
Addict

Post by eccentrically1 »

Richard, no I wasn't trying to be argumentative. I'm trying to help others understand the meaning of open systems and closed systems in thermodynamics. If we are going to have a discussion about a possible perpetual motion machine driven only by gravity, then we must agree on the definitions of the words and concepts we use to hold that discussion. Work and heat are the energy part of the thermodynamic cycle; mass is the matter part. The mass in a system is energy that hasn't been transformed yet. Am I stupid? Maybe.
jim_mich
Addict
Addict

Post by jim_mich »

eccentrically1 wrote:Am I stupid? Maybe.
No, you seem to be one of the more sane ones.

ovyyus
Addict
Addict

Post by ovyyus »

Ditto
Richard
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by Richard »

....now your making sense...stupid comment withdrawn...look at the mistakes made..

you stated the following:

"John it seems you're confused about the definition of an open system versus a closed system. Open systems exchange energy and matter with their environment. Closed systems exchange only energy with their environment, but not matter. So a Bessler wheel is defined as a closed system; it doesn't exchange matter with its' environment."

edit to seperate

richard states

...matter particle conversion is done without loss of mass over time...where gravitational energy is exchanged..a mass (or matter particle) may veri between it greatest zero potential and its highest kinetic state...there is not a transfer of mass..mass is only the catalyst for the attractive force of gravity..

this attraction can only sustain its self in an open system...in a closed system you would have to rewrite and re-state Conservation of Energy laws...if you were to conclude a Bessler wheel was operating in a closed system....

Do you ignore CoE

richard

edit to add from wikipedia:

In the natural sciences an open system is one whose border is permeable to both energy and mass.[2] In physics a closed system, by contrast, is permeable to energy but not to matter.

Open systems have a number of consequences. A closed system contains limited energies. The definition of an open system assumes that there are supplies of energy that cannot be depleted; in practice, this energy is supplied from some source in the surrounding environment, which can be treated as infinite for the purposes of study. One type of open system is the so-called radiant energy system, which receives its energy from solar radiation – an energy source that can be regarded as inexhaustible for all practical purposes.

They are also known as OSM.

edit to add..

I truly am sorry for my comments....I've worked and researched very hard In bringing forth the Open system theory of PM ..that would be in agreement to CoE and thermodynamic laws...so that all three might exist without turning the entire scientific community up-side down
Last edited by Richard on Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
eccentrically1
Addict
Addict

Post by eccentrically1 »

Yes Richard, in a bessler wheel there is no transfer of mass. Hence the reason it is a closed thermodynamic system.
CoE ? what's that, coefficient of expansion?
eccentrically1
Addict
Addict

Post by eccentrically1 »

The attractive force of gravity permeates a bessler wheel, but it isn't an energy. If that attraction didn't occur through the sides of a bessler wheel, it wouldn't be able to turn the wheel at all. Since gravity isn't an energy, but a force between masses, it isn't a part of thermodynamic (mechanical) processes.