How Difficult can it be?

Miscellaneous news and views...

Moderator: scott

rasselasss
Aficionado
Aficionado

re: How Difficult can it be?

Post by rasselasss »

As we all know well,to persuade our design to get " over the top" that last 1/3 or 1/4 is the foremost reason many here give up and stop looking,they can't do it so no-one else can,possibly if they had disclosed because of fear of ridicule,secrecy whatever they deny others the chance to improve or perhaps solve their reason for failure........I'm not into codes,clues etc. but if there are any clues,these are the three IMO that would appear significant .....1lb. WILL lift 1lb........in the toys page..the lazy-tong(accordian type lever).....and finally the"little chaps"alternately hitting the anvil....the importance being paramount to our design here........to add,the page divided ,roughly 2/3--1/3 from the handles upwards of the lazy-tong would suggest the timing of transference or switch of the weights to suit our needs......
rasselasss
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by rasselasss »

Whether this worked or not,gives an indication of the early use of Lazy-Tongs........see link below...
rasselasss
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by rasselasss »

rasselasss
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by rasselasss »

To ensure we raise any weight with a falling equal weight in any design operating in a rotating environment we need a mechanical advantage lever of at least 4-1? which we can place (see page 7 partial sketch ..set screw in slot centre of axle)....
daanopperman
Devotee
Devotee

Post by daanopperman »

Hi Mark ,
No problem , did you know , the biggest carrot in the world was also plucked from the ground , smack in the middle of Kimberly .
daxwc
Addict
Addict

Post by daxwc »

Kimberly… hmmm…. Could have sworn Bugs Bunny said the largest carrot was from Albuquerque, New Mexico.

"Should have made a left toin at Albukoykee". 8P

PS, Never believe rabbits it is all haresay.
What goes around, comes around.
daanopperman
Devotee
Devotee

Post by daanopperman »

Hi daxwc ,

Google Kimberley , see the hole left for yourself .
johannesbender
Addict
Addict

Post by johannesbender »

hahaaha daan ai tog ,maar kimberly het darm n mooi gat jong , snaaks
genoeg ek glo nie baie kyk nog na die gat nie ,dis net wanner jy daar
staan wat jy besef jy is n druppel in die emmer . ek het familie daar boshof se area
ja en sien nie dat mense meer daai platform gebruik ek wonder of hy nog oop is vir
toeskouers .
murilo
Addict
Addict

Post by murilo »

Great one, Daan! B)))
rasselasss
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by rasselasss »

The lazy tongs appearing smaller in distance...point to compound levers..and their existence.......To the right of the page, symbols ,one two,one two..all the way down......the beat of the weights shifting ..as the wheel goes round....The two little chaps,above and below..two without arms suggests coasting..or slow.......To me they're not clues but statement of fact...thats how i knew ..i was on the right track.....I thought i'd keep the best till last...then i'm finished with this task.....Now i'll include it in a riddle..so them that know can have a fiddle......There's a one inch hole ,outboard of the shaft slot...if it is vertical ..it'lll help ..a lot......But what will work through it.. i hear you ask...that my friends i have to mask.....So girt your loins,as they say....very useful ..to work your way......Some letters and numbers here ..that few don't know...but without their use there'll be no show.....1scootahah4.........Now winters here the light failing at five..then.temperature plummeting ?.....what time sunrise ?.......
johannesbender
Addict
Addict

Post by johannesbender »

gird your loins ...that is partly bible reference , what is this and from where ?
rasselasss
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by rasselasss »

Bessler allegedly having experience of organ building IMO would have had knowledge of compound levers and how to amplify to achieve mechanical advantage .link..piano key at bottom of page......to add IMO this was his "secret"ingredient.....which he hid...ie. he spotted it before anyone else..
Last edited by rasselasss on Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
rasselasss
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by rasselasss »

Fletcher
Addict
Addict

Post by Fletcher »

Relationships worth thinking about ?!

Work : Energy, Equivalence Principle.

Law of Levers.

F1 x D2 = F2 x D1 = Joules of Energy

PE = mgh = mass kg x 9.81 m/s^2 x height m's = Joules of Energy

Mechanical Advantage does not increase Energy, & Energy is Force x Distance/displacement.
rasselasss
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by rasselasss »

Correct...M.A. equals work put in over work got out.....no surprises there......small movement/large movement...compound lever...