Zeroing in on Bessler's wheel

A Bessler, gravity, free-energy free-for-all. Registered users can upload files, conduct polls, and more...

Moderator: scott

Sam Peppiatt
Devotee
Devotee

Re: Zeroing in on Bessler's wheel

Post by Sam Peppiatt »

Trying to work out the mechanical details of it. The pendulum can go away; instead it will have a fixed crank in the center, which can be used to revers the direction of rotation. The cross-bar will become two connecting rods for shifting the rollers out on the down side.

They roll back in on the up side by them selves, so nothing has to be done there. It's really starting to come together------------Sam
Last edited by Sam Peppiatt on Tue Jun 18, 2024 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sam Peppiatt
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Sam Peppiatt »

Zeroing in on a workable device.
The weights / rollers are self lifting. They gravitate into the center and then climb back up. Four rollers would give near seamless torque. Each mechanizum has only two moving parts. The connecting rods are well suited for pushing the rollers out to the down side. Also, it can rotate in either direction.

I don't think it can be ignored for too much longer--------------Sam
Sam Peppiatt
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Sam Peppiatt »

Update,
Fixed crank not working. Will try a pendulum in the center, Reff. MT-13. To displace the rollers. The importance of the roller, of coarse, is it's inherent ability to regain GPE-----------------Sam
Sam Peppiatt
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Sam Peppiatt »

Update,
Going around in circles; but trying to straighten it out. Looks like a crank shaft is the key to it, (for displacing the rollers). It, the crank, can rotate in either direction, which means the torque on the big center pendulums is reversed.

So, back to the cross-bar with a long connecting rod to the crank, with gears to reverse the torque on the drive pendulum. That way, it's weight should actually help turn the wheel. The way it is now, every thing balances out---------------Sam
Sam Peppiatt
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Sam Peppiatt »

Update,
Looks like, gears won't help or pendulums, for that matter. But, the connecting rod might help.... It would reduce the motion of the cross-bar to back and forth only.

I'm getting an "Idea". Maybe a spring could drive the connecting rod-----------------Sam
Sam Peppiatt
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Sam Peppiatt »

More changes,
The connecting rod can go away. It didn't hurt any thing but didn't help either. When the rollers are vertical they stretch out the spring, then the spring shifts the rollers, (displaces them), to one side when they are horizontal. To drive the wheel. Looks like it will need a one way bearing to prevent the rollers from rolling backwards. It, the bearing, can be located in the center and pined to the cross-bar.

The concept is quit simple. The spring is the key to displacing the rollers. As usual, the rollers restore GPE automatically, after they roll back to the center. Anyway, that's the way it's starting to shape up. Yea I know, Rupert was right, I should be drawing 4 sided triangles------------------Sam
Sam Peppiatt
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Sam Peppiatt »

Follow up.
I think I'm finally getting it figured out. Now; the cross-bar drives the clutch, and will prevent back torque. Before, I was trying to do the opposite, drive the cross-bar. The rollers do every thing; stretch out the spring and drive the wheel, all with one set of weights. I would never have guessed. I always thought, it would have to have two sets of them.

With two back to back clutches in the center, there maybe some way to reverse the rotation of the wheel. I.E., switch from one clutch to the other.-------------Sam

ETA The rollers and spring of coarse, will work in either direction.
Last edited by Sam Peppiatt on Sun Jul 14, 2024 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Roxaway59
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by Roxaway59 »

Sam I am not sure about exactly what form your idea is taking but I am keeping my fingers crossed that it works.

Graham
Sam Peppiatt
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Sam Peppiatt »

Hi Graham,
Thanks, thanks a lot. If it works, it will be like a two stroke engine, a tension stroke to stretch out the spring, followed be a power stroke to drive the wheel--------------Sam
Sam Peppiatt
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Sam Peppiatt »

It's fairly simple, there are only three moving parts. Two rollers, a cross-bar and a spring. I think some day some one will figure it out--Sam
Sam Peppiatt
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Sam Peppiatt »

I think I'll leave it at that-------------------Sam
SHADOW
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by SHADOW »

Bonjour Sam,
Prenez une pose et pensez à autre chose!
Peut être qu'une solution jaillira dont on ne sais ou!

Hi Sam,
Take a pose and think of something else!
Maybe a solution will spring from which we do not know or!
Last edited by SHADOW on Tue Jul 16, 2024 6:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
La propriété, c'est le vol!
P.J. PROUDHON
Sam Peppiatt
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Sam Peppiatt »

Hi SHADOW!!
Always good to here from you. I will do as you suggest-------------------Sam
Sam Peppiatt
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Sam Peppiatt »

You were right SHADOW,
The spring was kind of the right idea but, not good enough to sustain rotation. However, it has given me another idea; and that is, add a 2nd set of rollers and, another cross-bar. For CW rotation, any vertical set of rollers would shift the horizontal set to the right; with a one way bearing in the center, to eliminate or at least minimize any back torque.

The clutch would have a double crank, with the pins shifted by some amount,(to be determined). After the wheel turns 90 degrees the cycle repeats. One odd thing, the clutch rotates opposite to the rollers. If they turn CW, the clutch turns CCW. Just to warp your mind a little bit-----------------Sam
SHADOW
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by SHADOW »

Bonjour Sam!
Bonne chance pour vos nouveaux essais!
Pour ma part, j'étudie un système issue de la bascule type tape cul pour enfants, ca commence à prendre forme.
Je commence ma simulation demain.

Hi Sam!
Good luck with your new trials!
For my part, I study a system resulting from the flip type tape ass for children, it begins to take shape.
I’ll start my simulation tomorrow.
Last edited by SHADOW on Thu Jul 18, 2024 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
La propriété, c'est le vol!
P.J. PROUDHON