The summary of my latest studies

A Bessler, gravity, free-energy free-for-all. Registered users can upload files, conduct polls, and more...

Moderator: scott

path_finder
Addict
Addict

re: The summary of my latest studies

Post by path_finder »

After the confirmation from the demonstrator, I decided to build a real wheel based on this construction method.
Hereafter two shots of one primemover at an intermediate step of building (only one half supplied, the second disk C being missing).
In that state no weight has been installed (double pendulum in the raj balkee's concept).
Note the way how the disk C is centered: no direct link to the center cannot be possible (conflicting with the move of the double pendulum elbow). This is the reason why a bearing like linkage has been used: the four rollers are in contact with an inner rim of the disk A thanks a lever mechanism actuated by a spring ('There are some springs, but not used like you think'). Note the swastika like shape of this mechanism.
I'm now sure to be close from the end (the beast reacts as preview). Be patient.
Attachments
doubler_wheelbuilding3.jpg
doubler_wheelbuilding2.jpg
I cannot imagine why nobody though on this before, including myself? It is so simple!...
raj
Addict
Addict

Post by raj »

Dear Path_Finder,

I have only one word for your dedication.

INSPIRATIONAL !!!

Raj
path_finder
Addict
Addict

Post by path_finder »

Many thanks raj.
Two shots from the next step of the building.
In that state the wheel is supplied with two disks C, each one now supporting the axle for the elbow.
You can see also the two double pendulum (one at each side of the twin disk A) mounted in accordance with the raj balkee's concept: the axles of the primemover's pendula are dephased of 90 grades, when the elbows are at the opposite position on a diameter of the linked two disks C.
Everything reacts as provided. I have now just some clearance problems to solve (the moving space of the pendula is too thick).
I will correct this tomorrow (I am tired for today).

NB: all data are in reference with the above concept: http://www.besslerwheel.com/forum/viewt ... 457#102457
Attachments
raj2X_slim-doubler_step5b.jpg
raj2X_slim-doubler_step5a.jpg
I cannot imagine why nobody though on this before, including myself? It is so simple!...
path_finder
Addict
Addict

Post by path_finder »

The first tests were unsuccessful.
Examining the reasons why the previous building was moving well (like shown in the video) and why the new building torque was not sufficient for starting the rotation of the C disk, I found several points to correct (firstly a not accurate position of the both elbows).

In the video (see the left part of the drawing below) the weight of the whole assembly was applied on the central axis (the intermediate contact points transmitting the weights being indicated by the yellow arrows).
In the new building there are two three and different phenomenons:
- the centering of the both C disks by the new '4X rollers' system applies the torque on the outer rim and not on the central axis like before. Therefore the weight of the whole system is not applied on the central axis from the same manner.
- the two yellow arrows don't take any action now and therefore the torque on the two C disks is marginal.
- the whole assembly was suspended to the central axis of the C disk, instead in the new building it is suspended to the central axis of the A disk.

The new building geometry is correct (assuming the requested speed ratio) but the place where the torque is applied is very important: some inverted results can be obtained depending the way you are referencing the linkage to the center. I knew that before but one more time again I have been mistaken (although increasing my own experience).

Nevertheless there is a solution and the corrections are explained in the right part of the drawing.
The key is: the C disk must be geometrically centered, but not physically linked to any other part than the B ring
The C disk must press on the M point , geometrical center of the B ring, even if the six yellow pins must continue to assume the correct synchronization.
In that case the weight of the C disks (and the torque coming from the two elbows of the primemovers) will be fully applied to the B ring (dark green arrow).
For reaching the geometrical center of each sub-assy, remember that any stroke is forbidden (and also any centered axle) because the room reserved by the two primemovers. Here is located the mechanical difficulty. And therefore passing through the outer rim seems to be the solution, but has a negative effect on the torque.
We are here the hands in the grease, very far from the theory and the simulations.
Attachments
doubler_test1.png
path_finder
Addict
Addict

Post by path_finder »

How to duplicate a disk in rotation on a different axis? the solution: the Schmidt Coupling Three Joints.
Some explanations:
http://www.mekanizmalar.com/schmidt_cou ... oints.html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2M9cp_lJ4_I

Why this linkage is so much important?: it allows to return back to the center of the wheel any other eccentered rotation
The members of this forum familiar with the building will understand immediately the benefits of such as mechanism.
path_finder
Addict
Addict

Post by path_finder »

In reference with the 'Schmidt Three Joints' mechanism above, I give hereafter more details how this device can be used in a gravity wheel.
The drawing below shows the searched result: the orange and yellow disks are together centered and the orange one rotates two times faster than the yellow ring. How this is possible?

First: consider the A red drum, which is the main wheel.
Inside this drum and centered is a small drum (B, also in red) with a R radius, sticked to the A drum, and therefore rotating at the main speed S.

Second: this B drum supports a ring (C, in yellow) where the internal radius is 2xR.
Therefore when the A wheel rotates at the S speed, this ring rotates at S/2.
The disconvenience now is the eccentricity of the both axis. Here is where the 'Schmidt Three Joints' will be useful.

Third: three disks, D1 (in rosa, sticked to the red B drum), D2 in light blue, and D3 in orange (with its axis linked to the C ring) are installed in accordance with the Schmidt linkage.
The cross attaching the center of D3 to the C yellow ring, has not been represented on the drawing (it needs a bearing for a better effect).
The size of D1/D2/D3 is not significant and can be any value, the only requirement being an equal radius (they have been made with a R radius for the simplicity, in that case the D3 disk being the half of the C drum for the purpose to be directly usable by the future primemover).

End: this design is duplicated on the other side of the wheel for a better mechanical stability.
The stand in brown at the right part of the drawing, can support the wheel thanks two bearings.

But the situation now is clear: we have two disks (C in yellow, D3 in orange) on the same axis, rotating in the same direction, and with a rotation speed ratio of TWO. Bingo! Now just hang up your primemover (the raj Balkee's one per example at the location of the two black arrows, or some others from my personal album).
There are a lot of variations around this design and perhaps one has been used by Bessler.

Note these important points:
- the primemover has no direct contact with the main wheel (see my previous comment above)
- the primemover's COG (Center Of Gravity) is always under the main wheel axis
- the used method (by suspension) assumes a real mechanical stability
- depending of the type of primemover the wheel can be either uni-directional either bi-directional. In the first case you shall counteract the permanent torque of the primemover for keeping the wheel at the stop position. In the second case there is always a particular position allowing a stable and durable stop position.
- the ratio between the external dimension of the A wheel and the central B drum is SIX, the same as you can measure in the flowerbowl (Sabu trilobed disk) where this design can be also applied.
- the unbalance is obtained by the pendular motion of the C/D3 primemover. When a sufficient excursion is obtained by this motion, the internal motion of the primemover is resetted, contributing to the perpetuation of the phenomenon.
A kind of hamster with some floating feet...

edited: some minor orthographical corrections (in italic).
Attachments
gravitywheel_concept.png
path_finder
Addict
Addict

Post by path_finder »

I can understand the difficulty of some members to read my literature above and the explanations of the above depicted gravity wheel concept.
Before to publish some shots and videos of the practical device I built based on such as concept, I give hereafter a small animation where a hamburger is represented as an analogy with the wheel constitution:
1. side
2. speed divider
3. relocator (of axis)
4. primemover #1
5. primemover #2
6. relocator
7. speed divider
8. side
Comments are welcome.
Attachments
hamburger.gif
path_finder
Addict
Addict

Post by path_finder »

Hereafter few shots of the corresponding building.
Note the weights fixed at the outer rim of the wheel: even if the word 'weight' is correct, these weights are not involved directly with the power of the wheel (remember the containers of Bessler full of a plenty of 'weights'). This is just a flywheel with the only purpose to regulate the impulses of the twin primemovers.

Note the way how the third and last disk of the 'Schmidt linkage' (relocator #3, in orange) is centered to the divider disk. Four couples of rollers give a pressure thanks the springs. This is the only way, no cross between the center and the outer rim is allowed because the rotation of the orange disk at twice the rotation of the divider (in green), and therefore no way to fix the elbow of the primemover.

These shots represent only one half of the final wheel, and the two primemovers are not included.
The last shot shows the relative low thickness of this mechanism.
Attachments
half_hamburger3.jpg
hamburger1e.jpg
hamburger1b.jpg
hamburger1a.jpg
half_hamburger1.jpg
wheelrite
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by wheelrite »

I really do enjoy seeing your build pics. Thanks.
Jon
path_finder
Addict
Addict

Post by path_finder »

Many thanks to wheelrite.

Another step of the building where the wheel is installed in its stand, but without any primemover.
Some changes have been made in the relocator (Schmidt coupling tripode) for a perfect glide of the parts.
Attachments
hamburger-step5.jpg
path_finder
Addict
Addict

Post by path_finder »

After several weeks of other more prioritized activities, I restarted recently my experiments.

I still continue to be confident in the Raj Balkee's concept (where each primemover includes two pendula linked on the same rotating pin).
As explained above in the previous topics, any building based on a crankshaft creates too much mechanical troubles: each cell must include its own doubler.
As explained in the above topics, that's the way I'm still working since few months.

The new design proposed in the below shots assumes this rule.
The global purpose is to obtain in the same plane, two disks rotating at X and 2X speed.
In the shots below the chain has 30 small links. It's shape could be a perfect fixed circle, but even if you take the best care in the building for a perfect clearance, this way drives to some 'hard points' due to the distance variations.
At that level I decided to use a way where all moving parts arrange themselves together for the optimal interaction: this is the reason of this 'soft chain' wich is not a perfect circle (depending of the variations in the force of the used springs), but has a variable shape.
The chain is like a rubber chain'

The chain is linked to the outer rim of the wheel by some springs (here they are 10, but the number is not significant, being just an exact divider of the total number of rings in the chain).
The selected way allows a perfect clearance, reducing drastically the friction losses.

Inside the 'soft chain' is a shuttle based on four rollers of the same size, in fact four gears of 10 teeth.
Three of them are in contact with the inner of the chain, the last one being centered with the main wheel axis.
This mechanical assembly allows two rotation speeds: the three rollers linked together at the X speed, and the fourth one (free) at the 2X speed.
These two disks are not included in the shot below: the additional colored details show how the three rollers will be linked together (with the rigid rods in green, and the springs in violet) and how they compress the centered fourth gear.
The tripod rotates inside the 'soft chain' with a very low level of friction, all parts arranging themselves the best position.

On the second shot the letters A and B are the places where the outer fixing points of the primemovers will be attached.
The third shot shows the main wheel with the previous assembly supported by the the stand.
Attachments
SoftChain3.jpg
SoftChain2.jpg
SoftChain1.jpg
Andyb
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by Andyb »

Pathfinder ,amazing how do you find the energy well done i too love looking at your builds thanks for putting them up and good luck .
Only by making mistakes can you truly learn
path_finder
Addict
Addict

Post by path_finder »

Many thanks to Andyb for the encouragement.

Hereafter is a shot of the doubler.
The second disk on the right must be flipped back for covering the left part.
The geometry of the spokes can be considered as strange, but is coming from the need for the two orthogonal diameters (A and B points) supporting the primemovers.
I apologize for the error in the previous shot above: the A and B linkage points must NOT be located on the median disk, but as shown in the shot below (on the disk rotating at X speed).

The both parts of this doubler must be linked together from one side of the 'soft chain' to the other one, after insertion of the three rollers/gears inside the chain.

The two hexagonal frames supporting the three rollers/gears are made of six thin transparent rods in polycarbonate, three summits being connected to a spring. By this way the three rollers/gears are in smooth but efficient contact with the central gear (rotating at 2X speed).
Attachments
soft_chain4.jpg
path_finder
Addict
Addict

Post by path_finder »

Finally I found the required design for a simple and autonomous speed doubler.
Being here in Kinshasa (RD Congo) for two weeks, I had no other way than to think about this recurrent quest.
I reviewed some old files and found this animation.
Look at the blue circle and the center of the external roller.
Click on the image for a better view.
Attachments
theory_cardioid_DoubleGeneration.gif
Andyb
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by Andyb »

Hi happy new year to you and all ,love the work sir not sure how to apply it the frame work has left me thinking the heart shaped movement hm ,very interesting ,again how do you apply it,i will keep watching and shut up all the best Andy b.
Only by making mistakes can you truly learn