The secret behind Bessler's wheel...

A Bessler, gravity, free-energy free-for-all. Registered users can upload files, conduct polls, and more...

Moderator: scott

Fcdriver
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Fcdriver »

Does the pendulum on the Bessler wheel have a slot, or a bearing on the top of the connecting rod, from the crank?
Fcdriver
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Fcdriver »

Why is the contact point of the pendulum where it is, above the cross bar? What is the movement difference?
Fcdriver
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Fcdriver »

This means it travels further in one direction, than it does in the other direction.
Fcdriver
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Fcdriver »

A 10 degree difference of the harmonic motion greatly effects the action that the pendulum has on the wheel!
Fcdriver
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Fcdriver »

But anybody trying to duplicate the Bessler wheel, would know all of the effects of the pendulums, the stompers and the water pump connection, before trying different configurations to propel them! Yet a lone the how the different items are effected by a balanced and unbalanced wheel! This is just a given!
raj
Addict
Addict

re: The secret behind Bessler's wheel...

Post by raj »

Congratulation Fcdriver, you just hit the bulleye.

This is what I am expecting with my concept: assymetry of motions, torques, and time.
1. Asymetry of motions: There are three directions of motions of forces, of the wheel, the lift/upwards direction and the fall/downwards direction of the separate pendulums.
2. Asymetry of torques: There are three torques involved, the angular momentum of the wheel acting as positive torque, the positive torque of the falling/downwards pendulum and the negative torque of the lifting/upwards pendulum, with the two pendulums torque are acting from the same side of the wheel.
3. Asymmetry of time: The time it takes the wheel to lift the pendulum upwards is longer than the time it takes for the wheel to return to the lowest reset point, with the help of the downwards falling pendulum, because the load and effort distance from the fulcrum keeps changing, and this should increase M0I.

All the above could be easily checked by computer simulation correct data.

@Ed,
When presenting your gif video, you suggested that I should look again at my linkage in the my design.
It took me a few days to come up with minor changes in my concept, which I pointed out to be slightly more promising.

In our current discussions you are still referring to your findings in your animation, while I am confident of my new revised version of my concept, which I explained and shown drawings of.

Now let me make another revelation: My new version tallies with Bessler's clue --- One side empty, one side full.
If ever you do a computer simulation of my new version concept, you will find that the only two weights/bobs providing torques to the wheel , will always be on the descending side of the wheel.

Au revoir et a bientot.

Raj
Keep learning till the end.
Fcdriver
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Fcdriver »

There is a reason why the pendulums do not rest in the bottom position!
Ed
Addict
Addict

Post by Ed »

Raj wrote:In our current discussions you are still referring to your findings in your animation, while I am confident of my new revised version of my concept, which I explained and shown drawings of.
Raj, You don’t seem to be grasping what I’m saying. You only came up with your variation based on my suggestion of mounting the cranks differently than you first illustrated. I have simulated all these variations but the size of the videos makes it very hard to drop into the context of our discussion. It will not work, not because of my opinion, but you are obviously free to ignore the truth.

Now, are you going to answer me? Have you done your own calculations or simulations or anything to help you gain insight on this idea? All I’ve heard you say is that you (maybe) have created a series of sketched at different positions? Also, you continue to imagine that this will work. IMHO, those things are not enough when doing research.
preoccupied
Devotee
Devotee

Re: re: The secret behind Bessler's wheel...

Post by preoccupied »

raj wrote: If I believed that your animation was any proof on my working concept, I should have been dancing naked on the streets, shouting ''EUREKA''.
Fan of Archimedes. Gotcha.
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain
Fcdriver
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Fcdriver »

To change the crank, does not do the same that, the 10 degree offset of the contact point does! Which has more weight the top two or the bottom? What happens when you change the weights? Is the pendulum balanced, or is it not?
Fcdriver
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Fcdriver »

What allows the pendulums to work smoothly without pulsing the wheel?
raj
Addict
Addict

Post by raj »

In this friendly debate, I concede and declare Ed the winner.

Raj
Fcdriver
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Fcdriver »

The pendulums on the Bessler wheel do what? Do they cause the wheel to spin longer or shorter, than without them? How do they effect the wheels movement?
preoccupied
Devotee
Devotee

Post by preoccupied »

Would you consider making the top half of your device's connections strings instead of rods? I think that would be more like Bessler's Wheel's drawings. I see ropes going into the wheel, just ropes everywhere. He might be preoccupied with ropes. Johann Bessler himself might have found his invention because he was preoccupied with pulleys and it might be your design or a similar one that pulleys displace two or more weights and focus on an inner wheel to turn because the pulleys can lift half of the weights using the existing force on the wheel.
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain
raj
Addict
Addict

Post by raj »

Despite all the learned friends advice, I have not given up on my current concept work.

The scientific world says PMM is impossible and will never work.
The savvy mechanical engineers on this forum say my wheel concept won't work.
So who am I to disagree.

Do I stop? No, the wheel search is my daily physical and mental exercise to keep me going.

My concept testing continues.

I'll keep posting if I find anything worthwhile.

Raj