John Collins's web site - free-energy.co.uk

A Bessler, gravity, free-energy free-for-all. Registered users can upload files, conduct polls, and more...

Moderator: scott

John Collins
Addict
Addict

John Collins's web site - free-energy.co.uk

Post by John Collins »

My web site is temporarily out of action, due to some kind of hardware problem with my ISP's server I'm taking the opportunity to move it (www.free-energy.co.uk) to another ISP and I will also update it. This may take a couple of weeks.

If anyone, in the mean time, would like to get hold of any of my books about Bessler please email me to arrange.

I'll post again when things are up and running.

Happy New Year to everyone! I have a feeling that 2006 will be the year that someone somewhere reconstructs Bessler's wheel - I hope that it's me, but whoever it is... make it soon!

Kind regards to all,

John Collins
coylo

re: John Collins's web site - free-energy.co.uk

Post by coylo »

Hi John, how's that updated book of yours coming along?

I've saved up all my pocket money ye' know, I look forward to it in 2006....?
ken_behrendt
Addict
Addict

Post by ken_behrendt »

John wrote:
I have a feeling that 2006 will be the year that someone somewhere reconstructs Bessler's wheel ...
I quite agree, John. I can "feel" a kind of momentum building in the quest. Of course, even after we finally obtain Bessler's "general" design, there will still be much work to be done. For example, construction of working physical prototypes, patenting of improvements in its design to boost performance, etc.

ken
On 7/6/06, I found, in any overbalanced gravity wheel with rotation rate, ω, axle to CG distance d, and CG dip angle φ, the average vertical velocity of its drive weights is downward and given by:

Vaver = -2(√2)πdωcosφ
John Collins
Addict
Addict

Post by John Collins »

The new book is coming along Coylo, but it's taking time because there are a large number of graphics in it along with a detailed explanation and I haven't finished including updated Bessler's history into the manuscript. I'm guessing it will become available somewhere around March this year, but don't hold me to it!

Ken I agree with your momentum comment, but as you may know, I am not a supporter of taking the patent path. It may be that when my next book comes out it might eventually be used as ammunition to prove that whoever succeeds in re-constructing Bessler's wheel, copied the original design as per the clues in the book and that therefore the design was not original and will be therefore unpatentable.

I'm not sure if a patent can be granted if a design for it was published in encoded form two hundred and ninety-four years earlier!

John Collins
rlortie
Addict
Addict

Post by rlortie »

John,

I find your above post to be some what contradictive as well as disheartening. I do hope you realize what you are saying.

You as an Author wish to sell books, books that they can by used to prevent the buyer from patenting his reason for buying the book.

So I ask you, Why should I invest in your book if you are going to use it as ammunition to shoot me down?

I do not believe I have ever heard of such salesmanship before.

Ralph
jim_mich
Addict
Addict

Post by jim_mich »

Hey guys, Bessler's writings are not detailed enough to prevent a patent being issued. For that to happen they would need to clearly show to anyone skilled in the art HOW to build his wheel, and his writing and drawing DO NOT show that. Therefore they cannot be presented as prior art preventing a patent. If someone succeeds in finally making a working perpetual motion wheel then it could be patented.

Contrary to what some think, patents are good things. They are one of the big reasons for the United States strong industrial advancement over the past 200 years. A patent is just a title to your idea. It is like having a title to your car or to you home. Without a title clearly defining your intellectual property then you cannot sell that property and your IP has little value. This was the problem that Bessler had. If his idea had become general knowledge than anyone could have used it without any benefit to Bessler. The lack of a patent system actually contributed to his idea being kept a secret. If there had been a patent system to protect Bessler's idea we would most likely have free energy today, assuming of course, like I do, that he was not a fraud.

AgingYoung
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by AgingYoung »

All a patent could give you would be the exclusive right to the means you have executed a principle that would cause gravity to turn a shaft. You wouldn't have exclusive rights to that principle. Once anyone could understand the principle they could get a patent on their own unique control system. A gravity wheel has to follow some basic principle in the same manner that an airplane is governed by the forces of aerodynamics. You can't get a patent on the ideas of lift, drag, thrust and gravity. Just as there are a lot of different sorts of planes there could be a variety of gravity wheels.

Gene

ps: You should invest in John's book because he has rent to pay and mouths to feed. It's a good thing to help someone out.
Working Model 2DImage
[It is] the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings [is] to search out a matter.
AgingYoung
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by AgingYoung »

The previous post was one slant on the idea of protecting an idea. Here's another one. Some people have complained about not being able to save designs in working model. Someone on this site has published a key that would allow you to get around that little problem without having to buy a copy. They've published a way to steal the idea. Isn't that special. I'm sure some have stolen the product. Your idea wouldn't be that much different if it were able to produce significant amounts of work. It would be stolen no matter how many patents you had on it.

Gene
Working Model 2DImage
[It is] the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings [is] to search out a matter.
SeaWasp
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by SeaWasp »

Gene.. You do raise a very valid point! The principle of the wheel would be available for anyone to build their own! In fact, the whole thing would be so simple to build, that anyone could build one! Even the power companies! The handyman, mechanic, infact anyone that is handy with tools could do it! They just wouldn't be able to sell it comercially and make money off of it! So unless you got the capital to sue every one that can make the machine, the only ones going to make the money are the lawyers! The most anyone could really hope for is a nobel prize and maybe the Randi prize also! So, yeah, food for thought everybody!
The limits of the possible can only be defined by going beyond them into the impossible.
John Collins
Addict
Addict

Post by John Collins »

Ralph, it was irony - something we Brits are rather fond of!

I thought that it might be interesting and ironic that someone might re-construct Bessler's wheel and use the clues I have described in my forthcoming book, and then having patented it, face accusations that the patent wasn't valid because of some 300 year old coded version of the "patent".

I did not intend to suggest that that might actually happen and I'm certain that such a scenario would be thrown out of court.

So please feel free to buy my books :-)
(If I ever get my web site back!)

Thank you Gene for your kind comments

John Collins
rks1878
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by rks1878 »

John,

Your book PMAAMS has been very inspiring for my own efforts.

I know there is more to the story though, most probably, via the eyewitness accounts.

So, it may be of benefit to the marketing of the updated book, for you to not let out specific details, but instead, general categories, in advance ...

e.g. ...there is more about:

the axle,
the sounds,
anecdotal accounts of Bessler comments,
the weights,
pulleys and strings,
etc...

Short of you making the discovery yourself, I hope my result will make you almost just as happy.

I know you have put a lot of time into this project.
Last edited by rks1878 on Thu Jan 05, 2006 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Robert (The Carpenter's Boy)

There's never time to do it right the first time, but there's always time to do it over again.
rks1878
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by rks1878 »

...deleted...
Robert (The Carpenter's Boy)

There's never time to do it right the first time, but there's always time to do it over again.
ken_behrendt
Addict
Addict

Post by ken_behrendt »

IF I am successful in finding the "general" solution to Bessler's wheels, then I do not intend to obtain a patent on it mainly because I do not feel like it would be "my" invention, but rather something Bessler's work and vague hints led me to. However, any improvements to the general solution mechanism could, I would imagine, certainly be patentable.

I could just see myself trying to obtain an international patent on the general solution mechanism and then someone popping up with a copy of MT and saying "see, Bessler said that the secret could be gotten by combining various parts from its illustrations. Ken must have been able to successfully do that since all of the parts of his "general" solution mechanism that he is trying to patent are contained in illustrations #'s X, Y, and Z. See, he just "stole" Johann Bessler's invention and is trying to claim he (Ken) invented it!". Yes, that would make one interesting "infringement" suit, indeed.

Of course, one could also say that if one did find a working mechanism, then there would really be no way of knowing, for sure, that it was the one Bessler used and so the inventor should try to patent it. Well, that may apply to some other inventor, but not to me. I think I now have a fairly accurate idea of the kind of mechanism he used, so I no longer have that excuse to fall back on. I think, to be fair and honest, I should forget any ideas of seeking a patent on my research in the event that it is successful.

ken
On 7/6/06, I found, in any overbalanced gravity wheel with rotation rate, ω, axle to CG distance d, and CG dip angle φ, the average vertical velocity of its drive weights is downward and given by:

Vaver = -2(√2)πdωcosφ
John Collins
Addict
Addict

Post by John Collins »

FYI my web site is back up again so if you want to know what is currently being published and what is about to be published take a look, www.free-energy.co.uk

I am going to add some photos and drawings on a gallery - hence the gap to the right side. Give me a a week or so to get that right!

John Collins
graham
Devotee
Devotee

Post by graham »

Looking forward to the photos and drawings John. Thanks.