Helpful Websites!

A Bessler, gravity, free-energy free-for-all. Registered users can upload files, conduct polls, and more...

Moderator: scott

SeaWasp
Aficionado
Aficionado

Helpful Websites!

Post by SeaWasp »

For the benefit of all of us, I wanted to start a topic where we could post relevant web sites that could make our quest just that little bit easier etc!

For starters, I have found a very helpful manual which can be downloaded from here:
http://historical.library.cornell.edu/k ... rown1.html

It is the, "Brown, Five Hundred and Seven Mechanical Movements, 1871" Manual which can be downloaded in PDF Format.

A very helpful illustrated manual which could just give you the mechanism that you require for use within your wheel! The main web site, I am sure many here, would have already have added to their favourites, provides pictures and movies of typical mechanisms.

If you don't have it, the Web site can be found here: http://kmoddl.library.cornell.edu/index.php

A more complete listing of E-Books can be found here: http://kmoddl.library.cornell.edu/bib.p ... hor&type=1

I hope that we all can add these little gems as we go along!

Spiros.
rks1878
Aficionado
Aficionado

re: Helpfull Websites!

Post by rks1878 »

Robert (The Carpenter's Boy)

There's never time to do it right the first time, but there's always time to do it over again.
murilo
Addict
Addict

Post by murilo »

Thank you Spiros!
Thank you Pinochio!
Thanks for the links you sent!
The best 2006 for you and all.
Rges. M. SP 31/dec/2005
SeaWasp
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by SeaWasp »

If anyone is interested in downloading some good ebooks, then check out this site!

http://www.bookwarez.org/ebooks.html

Some nice little gems in there!
The limits of the possible can only be defined by going beyond them into the impossible.
pstroud
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by pstroud »

SeaWasp,

Thanks for providing the link to the 507 mechanical movements diagrams & descriptions. I've been reviewing them and they encourage a lot of fresh ideas & options!

I'll review the other links & documents too as time allows.

Thanks!
Preston.
AgingYoung
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by AgingYoung »

Reinventing the Square Wheel has some interesting ideas. It uses the idea of vector addition to explain why overbalanced wheels won't work.Image

Save yourself the trouble and the sleepless nights! Quit while you still have your sanity!!

Gene
Working Model 2DImage
[It is] the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings [is] to search out a matter.
SeaWasp
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by SeaWasp »

Gene..

Bessler had in a place a connectivity principle..

Bessler would have been the first to tell you that the overbalanced design will not work. It is this connectivity principle that must be figured out! For it is the main principle which would have allowed, perhaps many of the other over balanced designs to actually work! He applied this principle to his 1 way & 2 way wheels! The wheels were of different designs & mechanisms.

Now, I am happy that the learned proffesionals dismiss the possibility of PM, as it shows that they are very learned in their dogmatic ways and will not explore beyond the many possibilities which could make a design work! This leaves us more pragmatic fellows who can see that the possibility existed once upon a time, and it will exist again!

Then it will be our time to rub it in their faces! LOL!

edit: This Powerpoint Slide Presentation I thought had some interesting stuff that we should be aware of!
http://www.usfirst.org/robotics/2005/Wo ... lators.ppt
You require powerpoint to view this!

Spiros.
The limits of the possible can only be defined by going beyond them into the impossible.
SeaWasp
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by SeaWasp »

Here is a great little program that will translate words from German to English and vice versa! Great for doing your own translating on Besslers writings!

The web site & program can be found here:
http://www.ego4u.com/en/lingo4u-dictionary

It will not translate entire phrases or paragraphs, but it is a handy little reference!

Spiros.
ken_behrendt
Addict
Addict

Post by ken_behrendt »

Bessler had in a place a connectivity principle...
But, Gene, what does "connectivity" mean, assuming the translation is accurate?

Does, it mean that each weight in an opposed pair is connected to each other by ropes or rods? Does it mean that each weight is connected to one or both of its immediate neighbors near the wheel's rim?

Perhaps the term does not apply to a physical connection between each weight at all, but rather to some sort of orientation with respect to each other.

As with most of the Bessler literature, such brief references are just too vague to be of any value.

ken
On 7/6/06, I found, in any overbalanced gravity wheel with rotation rate, ω, axle to CG distance d, and CG dip angle φ, the average vertical velocity of its drive weights is downward and given by:

Vaver = -2(√2)πdωcosφ
SeaWasp
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by SeaWasp »

Ken.. I assume you were directing your question to me rather than Gene in regards to the connectivity principle.

The whole point is that we should be looking at connectivity as part of our research and understanding of how it affects the weights within a wheel!

Bessler intended for us to work through and understand his wheels.

It is by doing that that we can start to understand the true dynamics involved etc.

Rather than looking at Besslers comments as being too vague, perhaps it would be a good idea to research how the weights interact within a wheel and what happens to the wheel when we connect the weights up in different ways?

It is by doing this that we may stumble across the "connectivity principle"

I have gained some very green ideas at this stage as to what may work and what may not etc.. I have modelled some of those ideas in working model, but the program cannot handle the dynamics involved. It is now at the stage where a physical build is necessary to further validate my theories etc..
AgingYoung
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by AgingYoung »

Bessler intended for us to work through and understand his wheels.
I don't think Bessler had any such intention. I think he intended to confuse the heck out of everyone. :)

Gene
Working Model 2DImage
[It is] the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings [is] to search out a matter.
ken_behrendt
Addict
Addict

Post by ken_behrendt »

SeaWasp...

Good luck with your attempts to discover the "connectivity principle". But, I suspect that, like much of Bessler's "descriptions" of his wheels' internal mechanism/principle it will prove to be a "buzz word" that can mean a dozen different things to a dozen different people.

Of course, despite the vagueness of Bessler's writings, that does not mean they should not be studied. By viewing the totality of the available Bessler literature, possibly something definitive will emerge.

At this point in time, I am convinced that my personal conceptualization of his secret mechanism has carried me to the very brink of solving the mystery. Beyond this point, it is now, for me, merely a matter of trial and error to finally find the missing mechanism. All that I need now is time...and luck...a LOT of luck!

ken
On 7/6/06, I found, in any overbalanced gravity wheel with rotation rate, ω, axle to CG distance d, and CG dip angle φ, the average vertical velocity of its drive weights is downward and given by:

Vaver = -2(√2)πdωcosφ
SeaWasp
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by SeaWasp »

Thanks Ken! And Good Luck with your endeavours!
AgingYoung
Aficionado
Aficionado

Re: re: Helpfull Websites!

Post by AgingYoung »

I went to gravity powered wheel
and noticed nothing was turning.

Robert, are you out there?

Gene

Working Model 2DImage
rlortie
Addict
Addict

re: Helpful Websites!

Post by rlortie »

SeaWasp,

Took your lead from another thread and checked out your translator link.
I believe I already found one that will do more, like up to 1,000 words, just copy and paste after selecting language. It will even translate back so you can see the difference.

It is at http://translation2.paralink.com/ And it will handle complete paragraphs and more.

Thank You!

Ralph