What's going on ??

Miscellaneous news and views...

Moderator: scott

ovyyus
Addict
Addict

re: What's going on ??

Post by ovyyus »

Well said Scott. But where else can they go!

What do they say, "you can choose your friends, but you can't choose your family" - and what an odd little family we have here - lol

Patrick, I don't beat up on kids - even if they are bigots. Oh, and I don't drink with bigots either, at least not knowingly :P
rlortie
Addict
Addict

Post by rlortie »

Where else can they go?

My first suggestion would be http://groups.yahoo.com/group/free-energy/

Now this is a club that is full of their peers, all subject matter is welcome, including fantasy trips and flying saucers to find things left in the future that you forgot to leave behind. There is no private groups to annoy you and you can change topics when ever you feel.

It is also a good place to flame others and be respected for doing so.

It is the elite of internet clubs. (A forum I would not call it)
ovyyus
Addict
Addict

Post by ovyyus »

Ralph, I stand corrected :P
AgingYoung
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by AgingYoung »

I guess when you drink you have to down a few quick ones so you can forget who you are.

Gene
Working Model 2DImage
[It is] the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings [is] to search out a matter.
ovyyus
Addict
Addict

Post by ovyyus »

Someone left the screen door open again.
Wheeler
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Wheeler »

Scott
If indeed you wish me to leave, I will however I hope you would consider the way you decided to place the private forums on the front-page without any notice.

You have created the image of lock down to what is suppose to be an open discussion board.
Somehow, it seems like you have pasted private over public and without any notice leaves one confused.
On the internet, you must be clear unless you state that you are being unclear as I did in my thread. No one except for Ken was able to understand me, and that was to be expected.
You as the leader need to be clear and consider how you page looks before you send it as you do usually.
I too should think before I write.
I apologize for my lack of thought.
In my studies, I have noticed positive and negative work to find answers.
I would like to stay and help find the real goal.
I think I have something to offer.
JB Wheeler
it exists I think I found it.
ken_behrendt
Addict
Addict

Post by ken_behrendt »

Wheeler...

I'm sure that no one wants you to leave this Discussion Board...we need to be attracting members rather than losing them!

If someone here wants to start / join a Private Forum, then that's fine with me. Perhaps that is the best way for that person to work on the problem of achieving a working device. I can only speak for myself when I say that I prefer to contribute what I can here in as open and available manner as possible.

Wheeler has received some flak over his long thread down in the Community Buzz forum that dealt with an imaginary sea voyage in search of the secret of Bessler's wheels (as many will recall, I agreed to serve as "Captain Ken" on the voyage in an effort to facillitate the thread). Although the thread eventually fizzled out, I think it's intent was sincere...try to conduct a role playing story in which new ideas might surface that could stimulate readers in their own quests for a working device. I thought the concept, although experimental, was worth a try.

As far as fanaticism is concerned, I think that many people in the "general" population might consider anybody who has spent several decades pursuing some subject (like a working gravity wheel!) as qualifying for the label of fanatic, regardless of whether he was religous or not! The word has a negative connotation to it, but I found an interesting definition of it given by Winston Churchill:

"A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject"

Maybe the best safeguard against become a fanatic is to try to stay flexible in one's approaches to obtaining the truths of the universe (I'm still working on this flexibility issue myself) and try to maintain a balanced lifestyle. While it's true that the people who devote themselves the most to any cause/pursuit are often the ones who make the most progress in it, it is also true that they often pay a high price for this progress because they tend to lead restricted lives wherein there is little time for other interests. One needs balance in one's life to achieve maximum fulfillment...

ken
On 7/6/06, I found, in any overbalanced gravity wheel with rotation rate, ω, axle to CG distance d, and CG dip angle φ, the average vertical velocity of its drive weights is downward and given by:

Vaver = -2(√2)πdωcosφ
Michael
Addict
Addict

Post by Michael »

So ends another episode on...
Attachments
world.jpg
Michael
Addict
Addict

Post by Michael »

try to maintain a balanced lifestyle.
You want a balanced lifestyle Ken, VANCOUVER.
Come on up. Though I hear Australia just might be the epicenter of civilisation. Where else can you by a bottle of your favorite spirit and take in into a resturant with you to drink?
Attachments
van_downtown.jpg
rlortie
Addict
Addict

Post by rlortie »

Ken,

I debate the following;
As far as fanaticism is concerned, I think that many people in the "general" population might consider anybody who has spent several decades pursuing some subject (like a working gravity wheel!) as qualifying for the label of fanatic,
Does not agree with this:
"A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject"

One can devote their entire life in a pursuit of their choosing and not be considered fanatic. As your Churchhill quote states a fanatic is one who will not change the subject and keeps harping on it at every chance possible.

Ralph
AgingYoung
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by AgingYoung »

I fanatically defend a person's right to express themselves as they see fit. I think the key reason I'm so fanatical about that idea is that if you let someone else edit your thoughts and words then one of you isn't necessary. I notice that not too many people here agree with that idea. By not too many I mean no one. I'm amazed. Could be a lot of married, henpecked men on this forum.

Gene

ps edit: I noticed the girly man is making some noises; almost intelligent yet not quite.
Last edited by AgingYoung on Thu Jan 26, 2006 3:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Working Model 2DImage
[It is] the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings [is] to search out a matter.
ovyyus
Addict
Addict

Post by ovyyus »

Buzzzzz buzzzzz
jim_mich
Addict
Addict

Post by jim_mich »

Gene,

So you would fanatically defend a person's right to express themselves as they see fit?

Do you feel everyone should say and act as they please anytime and anywhere that they please? Is it OK to run down the street naked, to use vulgar language, to slug someone when you disagree, to rape if you feel the urge, or to say things that you know will offend others? Are you a gentleman? Or are you a conceited moron that doesn't have enough sense to know when to keep his mouth shut?

Do you tell dirty jokes or use vulgar language when ladies or children are present? Or do you let their presence edit you words?
Gene wrote:I notice that not too many people here agree with that idea. By not too many I mean noone. I'm amazed. Could be a lot of married, henpecked men on this forum.
It is not amazing at all. Most here are polite enough and intelligent enough to know what is appropriate subject matter and what should be considered verboten.

ovyyus
Addict
Addict

Post by ovyyus »

While I commend you for the effort Jim, it seems amply obvious by now that trying to reason with this bigot is a waste of time. Simple semi-intelligible noises appear more than adequate for the, how did you put it, conceited moron.
AgingYoung
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by AgingYoung »

Jim,

That's precisely my point. You have every right to express your opinion. You are bordering on bigotry and conceit when you suggest that you have the sense to know when someone should keep their mouth shut and when they should speak. That frankly isn't your decision. Nor is it your decision what terms a person should use. It indicates a total disregard for a person's right to make up their own mind.

Since you've expressed your opinion I'll clarify mine. My point was in the context of this forum a person is entitled to share their perspective from a biblical point of view. You have every right to ignore that view if you're inclined yet you have no right to play the narrow minded despot and exclude that view. Since you took the point to an absurd extreme I'd have to let you defend that position; it wasn't mine.
Do you feel everyone should say and act as they please anytime and anywhere that they please? Is it OK to run down the street naked, to use vulgar language, to slug someone when you disagree, to rape if you feel the urge, or to say things that you know will offend others? Are you a gentleman? Or are you a conceited moron that doesn't have enough sense to know when to keep his mouth shut?

Do you tell dirty jokes or use vulgar language when ladies or children are present? Or do you let their presence edit you words?

The idea that a God based perspective is verbotem is absurd. Comparing vulgarities and violence to that perspective is equally absurd. Since it was your elaboration of my point I'll have to let you defend it but my opinion is that it's an absurd comparison.

Gene
Working Model 2DImage