Moderator: scott

Oxygon
Aficionado
Aficionado

"Hand Shock" stumped

Post by Oxygon »

"Hand Shock" Image 10 of 16

http://news.com.com/2300-7348_3-6088415 ... ne.gall.pg

I am stumped, I have looked aound the internet for what the heck this thing is and how it would work?

Anybody know?
"A man with a new idea is a crank until he succeeds."~ M. Twain.
ken_behrendt
Addict
Addict

re: "Hand Shock" stumped

Post by ken_behrendt »

Obviously, the square piece on the right looks like it is designed to have a person's elbow placed into the curved portion of it. The weird piece on the left must somehow then be used in conjunction with the right side piece to secure the elbow in it. Maybe the idea is that two of the right side pieces are used to press the elbows of two people together and the left side piece then somehow clamps them together? I seen police short on handcuffs occasionally use a single pair to link two people together.

Sadly, a small percentage of people, when in a crowd, can, when drugs and / or alcohol are added, lose any inhibitions and then behave in manner that is both annoying and dangerous to themselves and to their fellows. I guess there will always be a need for such devices...but, at least they seem to be designed to cause no permanent damage...having a criminal record can be embarrassing and damaging enough...

ken
On 7/6/06, I found, in any overbalanced gravity wheel with rotation rate, ω, axle to CG distance d, and CG dip angle φ, the average vertical velocity of its drive weights is downward and given by:

Vaver = -2(√2)πdωcosφ
Vic Hays
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by Vic Hays »

I believe that is a type of kerambit, a martial arts weapon that is often an impact tool as well as a knife. e-bay has some that are purely impact for sale. Youi can see the similarity. The one on your site has a pointed end added.

link
Vic Hays

Ambassador MFG LLC
Oxygon
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by Oxygon »

Well upon looking at it with brightness increased... the object to the right is surely the holster...

The device itself looks as if it could be simply a handheld blunt weapon?

I looked up the names and still cannot find anything...

I would start a discussion in the page but dont want to become a member of yet another forum to just ask a one question...

Update: as for the above post, I agree it has to be some type of handheld offshoot...

I dont see how this would be anymore effective than a kubotan? Other than perhaps menacing to look at?
"A man with a new idea is a crank until he succeeds."~ M. Twain.
ken_behrendt
Addict
Addict

Post by ken_behrendt »

Oxy...

I think you are right. The object on the right does look like a holster for the gadget on the left. Maybe the device on the left is supposed to generate an electric spark between the gap of its "points" that somehow "shocks" the misbehaving person? It is similar to the shock gadgets used on people only with a fancy gun style grip on it.

ken
On 7/6/06, I found, in any overbalanced gravity wheel with rotation rate, ω, axle to CG distance d, and CG dip angle φ, the average vertical velocity of its drive weights is downward and given by:

Vaver = -2(√2)πdωcosφ
Vic Hays
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by Vic Hays »

Ok saw your update.
Vic Hays

Ambassador MFG LLC