Miscellaneous news and views...

Moderator: scott

Jon J Hutton
Aficionado
Aficionado

re: World Water Solutions

Post by Jon J Hutton »

Sorry Trev,

I didn't mention that the 40hp pump is at the bottom of the well (just off the bottom).

I like the many suggestions of getting people involved in trading, bartering, or helping in pumping the water, but, community support just is not there yet for helping to pump their own water. That is why I am starting with the project just up the hill dealing with just a few houses....once they are behind the project news will spread and the doubters and others will see it is cheaper in the long run. I am and have been talking to Doc and we are working on some solutions but, I am still in the options stage considering everything.

Thanks for your concern and input.

JJH
docfeelsgood
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by docfeelsgood »

Hello Jon ; i have been curious if you have ever been able to make any serious progress in the water dilemma ?? Doc.
Kirk
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by Kirk »

Jon there is a lot of information at www.journeytoforever.org re growing/processing your own biofuel.
There is also a biofuels list with 3500 members making their own fuel so questions can be answered by people who have done it.

If your pumping requirements were less rigorous I would encourage you to use a windmill I designed for pumping water. It is low tech and can be fabricated from native materials and wrecking yard parts.
I hope to get photos and description on a website next year.
It produces about 200 pounds of torque at 5 -10 rpm in a 30 mph breeze- that is with 100ft2 panels (4)
Not knowing is not the problem. It is the knowing of what just isn't so.

It is our responsibilities, not ourselves,that we should take seriously.
LustInBlack
Devotee
Devotee

Post by LustInBlack »

I admire each and everyone of you.. I am still a bit young to take part into a project that involve that much experience or money, I'm 25, but I wish I could be part of a solution someday !