dave chippy

A Bessler, gravity, free-energy free-for-all. Registered users can upload files, conduct polls, and more...

Moderator: scott

Dave Chippy
Dabbler
Dabbler

dave chippy

Post by Dave Chippy »

HI all.Have been watching your forum/site for a while now and deciced to join, im very interested in bessler and his wheel i only found it by chance a few weeks ago (clicked on a link some where) been interested in PM since i was 16 but tried to concentrate on a magnetic solution maybe i could share a few ideas/links on the magnetic theme. Some great stuff in the forum, look forward to contributing some ideas.
DAR.
ovyyus
Addict
Addict

re: dave chippy

Post by ovyyus »

Welcome to the forum Dave.
ken_behrendt
Addict
Addict

Post by ken_behrendt »

Yes, welcome to the board, Dave.

There are a lot of people here, who, like myself, got started playing with magnets. Magnetic forces seem so mysterious that we were convinced something really unusual could be made from them.

Alas, even magnets are obliged to follow the known laws of physics.

But, as in the case of gravity wheels, one can also hope to find some novel design that will demonstrate the existence of a new and previously unsuspected law of physics that will permit such a device to work and will confound the academicians...

ken
On 7/6/06, I found, in any overbalanced gravity wheel with rotation rate, ω, axle to CG distance d, and CG dip angle φ, the average vertical velocity of its drive weights is downward and given by:

Vaver = -2(√2)πdωcosφ
david_gaithersburg
Dabbler
Dabbler

Post by david_gaithersburg »

I too spent much time playing with magnets.

I did a search of the forum and was very suprised that nobody here has ever played with Halbach arrays. Someone please correct me if I am wrong about this.
graham
Devotee
Devotee

Post by graham »

I've never heard of a Halbach Array before so I did a search and found this site.
www.otherpower.com/danf/halbach.html

Thankyou David I'll read up on it.

Graham
jim_mich
Addict
Addict

Post by jim_mich »

Thanks for reminding me of the Halbach Array. After first reading about it awhile back I wanted to do some experiments but life got in the way and I set the idea aside.

ken_behrendt
Addict
Addict

Post by ken_behrendt »

Unfortunately, magnetic forces, even when the fields producing them are asymmetrical, are still "conservative" and must obey the energy conservation principle.

What we really need is a way to alter the intensity of a permanent magnet without using any energy in the process. That is, it would make things nice for the permanent magnet motor builder if he could have a way to temporarily shut off the magnetic field produced by a permanent magnet.

A good magnetic shielding material which would, itself, be non-magnetic would also be nice.

Will we ever see these types of things...variable permanent magnets and non-magnetic shielding materials? Maybe someday...

ken
On 7/6/06, I found, in any overbalanced gravity wheel with rotation rate, ω, axle to CG distance d, and CG dip angle φ, the average vertical velocity of its drive weights is downward and given by:

Vaver = -2(√2)πdωcosφ
jim_mich
Addict
Addict

Post by jim_mich »

There are some people like myself that feel that magnetism only acts conservative much like pressure from a steady wind and that under certain circumstances we might be able to harness that pressure.

A 1963 patent 3,079,535 shows how magnetic force can be varied from about 50 pounds down to almost zero just by sliding the magnet in or out about 2 inch with a force of about 4 ounces.

Attachments
magnet force release patent
magnet force release patent
PIMAN
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by PIMAN »

Greetings Dave.

Although the available data on Bessler's incredible device has lead many of us to believe it was fueled by gravity and clever ingenuity alone, the prospect of magnets being used has not been ruled out in the least. Among the personal items collected after his death, if I remember correctly, was a magnetic lodestone. It sort of bridges the 300 year culture gap when you connect Bessler's affinity for magnets to our own fascination with them. If we follow a similar path, we reach a similar destination: an efficient conversion of mass/gravity imbalance into rotational kinetic energy, also known as a Bessler Wheel.

Respect the magnet? Indeed we do.

Welcome to the forum.

PIMAN
The Sky is the Limit
Dave Chippy
Dabbler
Dabbler

Post by Dave Chippy »

Thank you all for a warm welcome. I have also looked at the halbach array site thanks Dave/ Graham some interesting reading, the halbach circular array is very similar to some of my ideas but without the strange field iwill look further into this, i'll post some of my ideas soon.
DAR.