Amazon touts anti-Israeli views,

Miscellaneous news and views...

Moderator: scott

Do you support Amazon censorship?

You may select 1 option

View results

Amazon touts anti-Israeli views,

Post by Guest »

On July 4, Amazon spammed its customers with advertisement of Norman Finkelstein's virulently anti-Semitic book, Image and Reality of the Israeli-Palestine Conflict. On May 30, Amazon similarly advertised Beyond Chutzpah: on the Misuse of Anti-Semitism and the Abuse of History. I have never received any other ad from Amazon.

On April 4, in an unprecedented move, Amazon deleted all reviews of Obadiah Shoher's Samson Blinded: A Machiavellian Perspective on the Middle East Conflict. A few days later, Amazon forced its subsidiary Booksurge to terminate publishing contract with Shoher whose book is now available for download from www.samsonblinded.info . Google earlier banned advertising of the Samson Blinded for "unacceptable content." Shoher, indeed, is pro-Israeli, yet realistic and critical of Israeli policies.

Obadiah Shoher, an anonymous politician, abandons myths and moralizing in favor of realpolitik. He argues for raw efficiency of antiterrorist operations and shedding liberal idealism. Shoher asks inconvenient questions and gives honest answers. Amazon does not like that. Anti-Semitic lampoons by Norman Finkelstein are more to Amazon's taste.
ovyyus
Addict
Addict

re: Amazon touts anti-Israeli views,

Post by ovyyus »

Perpetual whining might work - low probability IMO.
ken_behrendt
Addict
Addict

re: Amazon touts anti-Israeli views,

Post by ken_behrendt »

Generally, I oppose censureship when it comes to the media. However, I am in favor of placing some sort of rating on material so that an adult can decide whether or not to expose himself or his minor dependents to it.

I am unfamiliar with all of the books being cited.

Sheila wrote:
Google earlier banned advertising of the Samson Blinded for "unacceptable content".
So, what exactly was "unacceptable" about it?

ken

P.S. This thread might be more appropriate for the Off Topic Forum.
On 7/6/06, I found, in any overbalanced gravity wheel with rotation rate, ω, axle to CG distance d, and CG dip angle φ, the average vertical velocity of its drive weights is downward and given by:

Vaver = -2(√2)πdωcosφ