What are you

A Bessler, gravity, free-energy free-for-all. Registered users can upload files, conduct polls, and more...

Moderator: scott

What are you?

You may select 1 option

View results

Michael
Addict
Addict

What are you

Post by Michael »

A survey. Not that I think everyone will answer.
meChANical Man.
--------------------
"All things move according to the whims of the great magnet"; Hunter S. Thompson.
terry5732
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

re: What are you

Post by terry5732 »

Well Christ's sakes!

You forgot a check for all those who have already discovered the secret and are just checking the progress of others
Michael
Addict
Addict

Post by Michael »

That fits with the seventh down the list. I forgot to add other. Can't now it won't let me.
jim_mich
Addict
Addict

Post by jim_mich »

Technically speaking "perepetual motion" is not possible. But most people would call a wheel that turns continually powered by gravity a "perpetual motion wheel". So whenever people talk about perpetual motion there may be confusion as to what they mean. I agree with the scientific community that pure perpetual motion without any outside input of energy is not possible. Historical evidence shows that Bessler most likely built a gravity powered wheel. For this reason (along with my understanding of what causes gravity) I believe that a "perpetual motion wheel" powered by gravity may be possible. So I seek the solution knowing that science says it's impossible while historical facts says Bessler did it.

Do I know a gravity powered wheel is possible? No I don't. I won't know for sure until I see it with my own eyes.

Do I believe it's possible? I judge a concept by it's probability. Without Bessler I would put the probability very low but considering historical evidence of Bessler I elevate the probablity to quite high.

Am I trying to "get it done"? Yes. I'm doing all I can to find a solution.

So I guess I'm, "Someone who hopes and thinks perpetual motion is possible and are trying to get it done."

Fletcher
Addict
Addict

Post by Fletcher »

Awgh Jim, you read my script, ditto for me ;)
ken_behrendt
Addict
Addict

Post by ken_behrendt »

Jim wrote:
So whenever people talk about perpetual motion there may be confusion as to what they mean. I agree with the scientific community that pure perpetual motion without any outside input of energy is not possible.
I, too, believe this...with one minor exception, however. In my conceptualization the "outside" source of energy is really an inside source. That is, the energy the wheel outputs to accelerate itself and perform useful work in its environment comes from the mass of the weights within the wheel. However, without the presence of an external gravity field and the inherent asymmetry of the wheel's design, that energy would remain locked up forever.

ken
On 7/6/06, I found, in any overbalanced gravity wheel with rotation rate, ω, axle to CG distance d, and CG dip angle φ, the average vertical velocity of its drive weights is downward and given by:

Vaver = -2(√2)πdωcosφ
primemignonite
Devotee
Devotee

Post by primemignonite »

Ken...

According to this First Law of Thermodynamics, your Bessler's Fourth Law of Motion is positively invalidating of it!

A full, formal statement of The First Law:

"For any process involving no effects external to the system except displacement of a mass between specified levels in a gravity field, the magnitude of that mass is fixed by the end states of the system and is independent of the details of the process".

Yes, "For any process involving no effects external to the system except . . ."!

According to the above and as I presently understand all of this, for such a thing to be observed as tangible reality, this "First Law" WOULD HAVE TO FALL! The system providing the energy is WITHIN the thing and would last FOREVER, and not existing from without and finite, which is perfectly conforming to the scientific definition for a PMM if it were to exist, according to their First Law.

James
Cynic-In-Chief, BesslerWheel (Ret.); Perpetualist First-Class; Iconoclast. "The Iconoclast, like the other mills of God, grinds slowly, but it grinds exceedingly small." - Brann
ken_behrendt
Addict
Addict

Post by ken_behrendt »

James...

Thanks for providing a verbal statement of the famous First Law of Thermodynamics with regards to object moving vertically in a gravity field.

And that law is certainly valid in most situations. However, in all of those situations, it will be found that the average vertical velocity of the moving mass is always zero. This condition does not exist inside of a running overbalanced wheel. In such a wheel, the average vertical velocity of a weight is always negative or downward. This bizarre condition then alters the way that the mass of the weight interacts with a gravity field so that, after the weight has completed a single trip around a closed path, it will lose a bit more gravitational potential energy than it gains during its trip. As a result, the weight will lose a bit of its rest mass which will then show up as an increase in the kinetic energy of the weight and all of the structures to which the weight is attached.

Bessler's 4th Law of Motion does not conflict with any of the other laws of physics or mechanics...it merely modifies them so they can describe the process occurring within a running overbalanced gravity wheel.

ken
On 7/6/06, I found, in any overbalanced gravity wheel with rotation rate, ω, axle to CG distance d, and CG dip angle φ, the average vertical velocity of its drive weights is downward and given by:

Vaver = -2(√2)πdωcosφ
primemignonite
Devotee
Devotee

Post by primemignonite »

Ken...

You are welcomed. Glad it was of use. Well, I tried!

However . . . upon seeing that first wheel agoing all by itself, those physicists looking on will have MUCH SWEATING TO DO until they get around to factoring-in Bessler's Fourth Law of Motion, will they not?

Good!

Yes, at least it "modifies" the one of them, or perhaps both. This fact in itself will doubtless provide them with more than enough high anxiety, over a period of time, to satisfy me, as well as Bessler posthumously. |:)

Also, it occurs to me that if what you propose as new Law is, after all, 'the real deal', that the magnitude of such a work would in fact be Nobel class, and therefore be deserving of that award?

This pre-supposes the re-discovery of the Bessler Wheel mechanism, of course, which would also be a rather elevated accomplishment in and of itself?

James
Cynic-In-Chief, BesslerWheel (Ret.); Perpetualist First-Class; Iconoclast. "The Iconoclast, like the other mills of God, grinds slowly, but it grinds exceedingly small." - Brann